Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea of ​​new passive for Mag

Farlan

If it were just Magnetic Procs, that would make sense in theory, but be too niche in practice because only Grineer Door Traps, Eximus Disruptors and Eidolons have Magnetic procs.

But Mag has no self-buff casts that last any duration, so immunity to Nullifiers wouldn't work in the first place. If you want to be able to cast freely while inside a nullifier bubble then that's just delusional, because the point of Nullifiers existing is that no Warframe can continue an active cast or start a new cast while inside their bubble. There's never going to be a Warframe that will be able to ignore that.

4 hours ago, Thaylien said:

If it were just Magnetic Procs, that would make sense in theory, but be too niche in practice because only Grineer Door Traps, Eximus Disruptors and Eidolons have Magnetic procs.

I see you don't run mag on Fortuna much.

Personally I would see it as too powerfull to have inate magnetic imunity and stand on front of the Fortuna turrets, and just smile when a coildrive thinks it's a good idea to play shoot the overshield only mag.

I prefer mag and the other elementals get a bonus to enemies affected by their prefer element in some way. Damage bonus would be good, but kind of brain dead.

That would also ideally include a way for mag to dole out magnetic procs on demand though.

11 hours ago, Farlan said:

It was a lot better than my idea, and it synergizes well with her ability to keep the shields

I was probably being a bit overly simplistic. In reality it's a bit more complicated since Mag is a starter frame. Even if she wasn't, her BP drops really early in the star chart. Whatever her passive is, it would have to be something that is actually meaningful or at least noticeable to a new player. Preventing energy drain is great later on but I don't think a new player would ever encounter a draining eximus that drains enough energy for them to even notice.