Garuda: everything there, just not in the right place

gluih

Her passive would work well, if she was able to drop low, kill enemies and heal back up quickly. So a short moment of vulnerablity, but you get a huge burst of damage out of it.

Her 1 mostly feels like an opener and actually is pretty fun to use as an opener (except for falling through the walls sometimes), so it should just be focused around that imo. Something like dropping the enemy to 70% health, rather than having the finisher mechanic.
Also throwing the orb rarely feels great, because you lose your shield.

In non-endless missions, like exterminate or capture, her 2 feels kind of bad to use. I would prefer if it marked an enemy and once the enemy died it would grant the heal. It would also be nice if it allowed for some burst healing, to help with her passive.

Her 3 only made sense, if her passive was extremely good. Right now it basically just saves 1 mod slot, where you don't use rage. Maybe make it a toggle. So rather than drop down quickly and slowly heal back up with your 2, you could slowly drop down and build up energy and then heal back up quickly.

Her 4 seems like it should be really strong, but like with her 1, I rarely find a group of enemies, that it feels actually worth using on. I thought, that the chance for the bleed procs could depend on her passive instead of power strength. In turn this ability could be easier to use/ not require the long channeling to get the effect.

As it says in the title, it feels like everything is there, but she needs some changes.

15 minutes ago, gluih said:

Her passive would work well, if she was able to drop low, kill enemies and heal back up quickly. So a short moment of vulnerablity, but you get a huge burst of damage out of it.

If she had about 3 - 4x Damage buff, not 2x damage buff. In the Simulacrum, it’s fine but in normal Gameplay, it would be as useful as Valkyr’s Ripline. With 49% heal and Rejuvenation, she would use her three for only energy since the player would focus more on not getting killed than comitting Suicide. The way her passive works is just a Suicide Trap and should get looked at since her Survivability isn’t telling you how this should be the way to play her.

Edited by GPrime96

5 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

If she had about 3 - 4x Damage buff, not 2x damage buff. In the Simulacrum, it’s fine but in normal Gameplay, it would be as useful as Valkyr’s Ripline. With 49% heal and Rejuvenation, she would use her three for only energy since the player would focus more on not getting killed than comitting Suicide. The way her passive works is just a Suicide Trap and should get looked at since her Survivability isn’t telling you how this should be the way to play her.

I think it would be better if you

- split the first ability into 2 skills
1- the mirror (efficiency increases the absorption multiplier)
2- throw the dreaded heart (strength increases the damage multiplier) no more charging up

-merge the 2 and 3 into 1 ability
3- "teleport" to a target sacrifice all your HP down to 2HP. and impale the target to gain health back immediately very Large Radius (does not affect allies)
Passive increased to 500% at 2HP <-- remember you won't stay long at 2HP since you are healing constantly 

- the ultimate is the exalted talons
4- go on a murdering rampage with your exalted talons, you drain health constantly (you can kill yourself if you drop to 0) and you leech health when you hit
at this point, it becomes a balancing act, you get increased damage the lower your health, but you have to be careful not to drop too low or you die. 

so all in all you are correct, all the skills are there. the synergy is there you can even add slash procs to exalted claw damage or even those that bumped into the mirror wtv. 

6 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

If she had about 3 - 4x Damage buff, not 2x damage buff.

19 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

Passive increased to 500% at 2HP

I don't think higher numbers is the way to go with this. Warframe is not a very well balanced game overall, so it would probably end up either op or still useless.

It would be more interesting if the abilities overall were stronger the lower your health is. Like the execute range could depend on how low you are or the chance for the extra slash proc could depend on how low you are. That kind of mechanic would be way more interesting than just having even more damage.

26 minutes ago, gluih said:

I don't think higher numbers is the way to go with this. Warframe is not a very well balanced game overall, so it would probably end up either op or still useless.

It would be more interesting if the abilities overall were stronger the lower your health is. Like the execute range could depend on how low you are or the chance for the extra slash proc could depend on how low you are. That kind of mechanic would be way more interesting than just having even more damage.

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of modding?

8 minutes ago, SqualZell said:

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of modding?

You mean if her DPS was more dependant on her passive, than her mods? I suppose you could factor in strength somewhere in the equation. The difference now is, that you always want 200% to get the 100% chance for the slash proc.

The thing is, that her 3 is affected a lot by how good her passive is right now. So either her 3 has to be useful independent of her passive or using her passive needs a better risk-reward-ratio.

On 2018-11-22 at 4:07 PM, gluih said:

or using her passive needs a better risk-reward-ratio.

17 hours ago, SqualZell said:

this

My point is mostly, that just increasing the damage bonus isn't the only way to achieve that goal and probably not the best.