Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doors/Barriers with two people consoles

KamikazeKamanzi

I have wondered what the actual purpose of those doors are that require two people to open it. I feel as if it once served a reasonable objective such as preventing people from starting a rescue run or spy vault on their own. As of now I find that it is more of a hassle than a helping hand. We have ciphers to quickly go through hostage cells or spy vaults if we suck at doing the little hacking mini games. In kuva runs we all spread out to search for the siphon while someone else is completing the objective. Every once in a while we come across one of those two person doors and have to wait for another person to arrive and sometimes the kuva clouds will start to spawn behind the door while we wait. It's annoying especially when we're on a huge tileset. Am I missing a key reason for its existence or is it something we have just become numb to?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

It helps in Sortie rescue a little but other than that it's just there to force some coordination between players I'm guessing

For the most part in sorties, everyone is already together. And if it's for coordination that's kind of played out by now in my eyes. 

I think its more or less to prevent a single player speed-running the entire mission ruining the experience of other players, mainly for capture, spy and potentially mobile defense.
While this probably isn't much of an issue for players who are in the game for a long time, it is probably not fun for newer players who are still trying to grasp the moving mechanics in the game as other players basically clear the entire mission without their involvement.

I personally don't like these friendship doors, but I am fine with keeping them in the game.

2 hours ago, Ley_CrimsonRiver said:

I think its more or less to prevent a single player speed-running the entire mission ruining the experience of other players, mainly for capture, spy and potentially mobile defense.
While this probably isn't much of an issue for players who are in the game for a long time, it is probably not fun for newer players who are still trying to grasp the moving mechanics in the game as other players basically clear the entire mission without their involvement.

I personally don't like these friendship doors, but I am fine with keeping them in the game.

I like how you refer to them as friendship doors lol but reading that makes sense. I was looking at it from a viewpoint of wanting to do things efficiently as a speed run. I forgot about the new players trying to familiarize themselves with the mechanics.  

On 2018-11-22 at 1:41 PM, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I was looking at it from a viewpoint of wanting to do things efficiently as a speed run.

Then do speed runs solo or with a group of like-minded people. If you are playing a meta-game, inflicting it on the rest of the squad is, at best, rude.