Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed! blah blah blah

SpookzNGlory

Question

As DE appear not to bother with "customer support" Ill have one last go at trying to fix the problem by asking you guys. I wonder how quick a ticket would be opened and resolved if i couldn't store? anyway i digress

After the implementation of the latest "hotfix" Ive been unable to get the download to work. I was happily farming endless kuva one minute and then it was broken the next. I receive this message when i try to update although if as some suggested I toggle 64bit off I get a message that states the data is corrupted.

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly..

To this point i have toggled and verified various settings, cleared caches, run in administration mode, repaired C++ files re-downloaded my stand alone version as a steam game and received the same problem.

Ive scoured the net and tried pretty much ever fix for this problem I can and yet still im stuck with no word from DE so i was just hoping that you guys might have an idea of something I can try to fix this issue?

every other game i own works perfectly system specs i7-4790k 16gb ram gtx 980 with two copies on two separate hard drives my steam library on a HDD and stand alone games on a dedicated SSD

Edited by SpookzNGlory

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, SpookzNGlory said:

As DE appear not to bother with "customer support"

This anger is really misplaced. Customer support can take days to respond and the last hotfix has been released 15 hours ago. For most of this time, by the way, it's been night in Canada, and they've been sleeping, because CS are human beings and not MOAs. I mean, at least give them time to come back to the office and check their email!

You will be "stuck without word from DE" until they can get through their backlog of tickets and get to yours, which could easily take until next week.

However, if the problem is spread enough, it is something they'll fix in a hotfix today or tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, SpookzNGlory said:

As DE appear not to bother with "customer support"

[...]

After the implementation of the latest "hotfix" Ive been unable to get the download to work.

The latest hotfix was 15 hours ago. Do you really think the support is just waiting for you to write a ticket, so they can answer it?
You are one of a lot of tickets that need attention.
So how about you just wait a bit for an answer from support?
As you said, you did about everything you can do. So it seems like the problem is a bit mor difficult so solve. But yeah, just bash on support for not helping you, as you are the most important player...

What you call anger is annoyance. Im pretty sure that is more then applicable in this situation, which is further magnified by the ticket sent before about missing items from my inventory which to this point has spent 4 days with no reply. I guess my hope is that with a larger technical issue I would of received a faster turn around. The patch for the EU wasnt released 15hrs ago so im unsure what you referring to in that regard, if there has been an additional hotfix i wouldn't know as i cant download anything.

I dont feel its unreasonable that tickets are conducted in a fast manner many many MMORPGS have achieved this over the years they arent all Aeria games. 

Did you

48 minutes ago, SpookzNGlory said:

As DE appear not to bother with "customer support" Ill have one last go at trying to fix the problem by asking you guys. I wonder how quick a ticket would be opened and resolved if i couldn't store? anyway i digress

After the implementation of the latest "hotfix" Ive been unable to get the download to work. I was happily farming endless kuva one minute and then it was broken the next. I receive this message when i try to update although if as some suggested I toggle 64bit off I get a message that states the data is corrupted.

Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers.

The update will be restarted shortly..

To this point i have toggled and verified various settings, cleared caches, run in administration mode, repaired C++ files re-downloaded my stand alone version as a steam game and received the same problem.

Ive scoured the net and tried pretty much ever fix for this problem I can and yet still im stuck with no word from DE so i was just hoping that you guys might have an idea of something I can try to fix this issue?

every other game i own works perfectly system specs i7-4790k 16gb ram gtx 980 with two copies on two separate hard drives my steam library on a HDD and stand alone games on a dedicated SSD

Did you tryed to toggle off 

-- Bulk Download --

-- Agressive Download --

You can find this options under the gear icon on the warframe launcher top right corner

set them off and try to download again .. 

*If small steps can help try it*