Warframe Genders?

KratosYama

Now I understand this topic may have hit home once or twice or more but can we get an update were we can change our Warframes Gender or even the ability to select a frame and then the class? Might sound silly I know but if you have a class you really enjoy playing but are forced to play with a frame that you think is ugly it kinda ruins the feeling of having this frame that is you.

My idea's arnt the greatest but I think what makes a game so enjoyabe is the ability to create and customise your character who is suppose to be you to your choice and likeing your tenno is you and your Warframe is the reflection of you. I'm only posting this as Over the past phew months I've noticed hundreds of people saying I wish my Warframe looked like this Warframe or I wish this Warframe was the opposite Gender.

And I agree even I would like to see inaros looking like Rhino or Valk but until that day I'm stuck with what I got until a new skin comes out that I may... Like or dislike.

What are your thoughts would you like to choose your Warframes gender and looks?

Edited by KratosYama

The frames with the abilities of another seems highly unlikely and would kinda defeat the purpose of having different frames to begin with.
and I personally wouldn't like that.

But it's already been confirmed by DE that an option to change genders will NOT happen.

Edited by BaIthazar

4 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

Now I understand this topic may have hit home once or twice or more

"Once or twice or more"? Let's say "more". Like, some thousands times.

DE has ignored this topic for some thousands times, too.

5 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

change our Warframes Gender

Not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

the ability to select a frame and then the class

There is no such thing as "class" in Warframe. I suppose that you mean "chcoose a warframe and a power set", in which case, no, it is also not going to happen.

25 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

That's a little silly isn't it? Wouldn't that be Gender discrimination? To play a frame that you love but it has to be a female or male?

No, it would be gender discrimination to force this warframe to change it's gender because you don't want it to be that gender.

Edited by BaIthazar

22 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

I've finished the quests all of them ty.

Than you should know that:

Spoiler

You are NOT the warframe.

You are the operator controlling said warframes.

The operator's gender is free for you to choose and change.

The Warframes are modeled after a unique individual, meaning they are modeled after the gender of said person, they are not actually that gender as warframes are genderless.

Edited by BaIthazar

2 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

That's a little silly isn't it? Wouldn't that be Gender discrimination? To play a frame that you love but it has to be a female or male?

Complete the quests and you will learn that warframes are genderless. They only retain some physical characteristics of their original infestation host. 

Its not discrimination for developers to say, “no you will not be able to switch gender”. You can change the gender of your Operator, that should satisfy your gender crusade.

6 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

No? Gender discrimination is treating somebody differently because of their gender. For example, choosing to disassociate with somebody you otherwise have a lot in common with just because of their gender.

I wish for every genderswap warframe topic I get one platinum. I would be rich by now.

Gender swapping the frames is too much plus work. You have to come up with a design, modell it blablalba... tons of work. It's not just slapping boobens to rhino and tada! female rhino! Plus DE consistently ignoring this topic, so it's not likely this is going to happen.

Mixing the abilities doesn't make sense either. Every warframe has a theme going on, in the abilites and in the looks too. That what's make them unique. Popping banshee's abilities onto a chroma, just because you don't like the looks/gender... Sound silly, and it would make the warframe out of place.
What would be a point of designing new frames then? Why not just make ability sets and warframe looks separately then? That would kill the soul out of the warframes.

10 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

No, it is not gender discrimination.

I suggest you think very carefully about what you'll write now. Discussions like this tend to become toxic by the second page or the third, and often require the mods to close them.

Just now, Dhrekr said:

No, it is not gender discrimination.

I suggest you think very carefully about what you'll write now. Discussions like this tend to become toxic by the second page or the third, and often require the mods to close them.

Don't get me wrong everyone was toxic straight up besides for Balthazar. When replying with gender discrimination as I simply wanted to know why it was impossible to make a frame look like the opposite sex all was needed was the fact that the work load would be to much and the fact that each and Evey Warframes design would need to be re-thought.

20 minutes ago, BaIthazar said:

Could've fooled anyone

Than you should know that:

Reveal hidden contents

You are NOT the warframe.

You are the operator controlling said warframes.

The operator's gender is free for you to choose and change.

The Warframes are modeled after a unique individual, meaning they are modeled after the gender of said person, they are not actually that gender as warframes are genderless.

Had to re-edit that one ha? Couldn't think of that sleezy - could of fooled anyone joke off the bat?

Nevermind I forgive you 🙂

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

What would happen to frames like Nezha or Equinox or Pink Rhino if we go around changing genders though? 😛

Simple, they'd get or lose honkers depending on their initial gender.
Nezha and Rhino would become a twinky and burly girl respectively.
and Equinox would become a dude, day mode equinox would become a dude-ier dude than she already is

Edited by BaIthazar

10 minutes ago, KratosYama said:

Had to re-edit that one ha? Couldn't think of that sleezy - could of fooled anyone joke off the bat?

Nevermind I forgive you 🙂

I decided to edit it out again because I'm more mature than that (can't say that with a straight face)

But I was too late and you saw it and quoted it before I could edit it

No, DE said a long time ago that the resources and time required to make this change isn’t worth the effort for something that has 0 return value.

They’d literally have to change every frame, Deluxe skin, armor placement, syandana placement. Not to mention every new frame would take 2-3 months longer to come out because they have to make a whole character model twice. 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

So this question has been batted around since the dawn of Warframe, and each time, the answer has always been the same. There won't be gender swaps of the Warframes, nor is it planned down the line.

I'm locking this topic as it is already steering in a non-constructive manner. Thank you folks.

-Bear