Best melee option for Volt Prime?

Marakai

I was thinking either Atterax + Maiming Strike + Speed Aura + Shocking Speed mod and just sping to win on maximum speed or some greatsword with sping to win stance.

Generally what other melee weapons work best with speed Volt to clear rooms?

Just now, (XB1)Danish Chief said:

Depending on the level of the enemies there's a few options.

For things like exterminate and just generally <100 maiming whips/polearms/staves are certainly a viable option.

While with things like long survival runs, heavy blades could be a great option considering you won't be hindered by the attack speed.

Thank, so lets say Maiming Atterax (Berserker etc.) till lik 100-115 and after that maybe Gram Prime? 

you don't use melee to clear rooms with Volt, you use max range Discharge. Press 4, everything in 100m radius is dead or paralyzed. If DE nerfs volt, I have several more nukeframes up my sleeve, lol

...I mean, if you want to use melee, then nothing beats maiming atterax unless you're talking multiple hour long survivals on Mot. It is the best option, except for perhaps a scoliac with a meta riven, or atterax with a maiming strike riven.

Edited by zetheros1

11 minutes ago, zetheros1 said:

you don't use melee to clear rooms with Volt, you use max range Discharge.

...I mean, if you want to use melee, then nothing beats maiming atterax unless you're talking multiple hour long survivals on Mot.

But that's the fun with Volt and why he is imo most veristile frame in game: you can make melee speed volt and go super high clearing rooms and stunning enemies, you can go tank Volt with Discharge range and strength + overshield mod to have thousands shields and overshields, you can build glass cannon volt for his shield mod that gives you +1000 damage to next attack (plus stanard multiplier from shield) and dominate solo/team endless runs camping easy to like 1000+ level enemies with Zarr or Torid, you can build him for super speed mods for solo fast captures etc. or for shield mod again if you do defense and there is no Frost for bubble. You can build him for Discharge max range/strength AOE spam when you are lazy on team defense missions and you just want to farm.

That is why Volt is amazing, he can do everything well and it's the only frame I have like 4 totally different builds for him. He is good at pretty much everything.

That is why I want to now have fun with Melee room clearing Volt because of his speed and stun aura + good AOE melee weapon :)

I love Volt :). He is in my personal opinion best frame in game as he is all-around and there nothing he can't do well. Team, solo, extractions, defense, endless survival, melee, guns - Volt is just swiss knife of Warframe. Electric Swiss Knife 😄

Edited by Marakai

well, atterax or scoliac is definitely the way to go if you want to speed clear rooms with melee. They are expensive builds though, if you want a cheaper alternative polearms (plague krippath) or an atterax without maiming strike or riven will work well.

Edited by zetheros1

4 minutes ago, zetheros1 said:

well, atterax or scoliac is definitely the way to go if you want to speed clear rooms with melee. They are expensive builds though, if you want a cheaper alternative polearms (plague krippath) or an atterax without maiming strike or riven will work well.

Can you elaborate more about Polearms please? Which polearms are best and how to build them?

Just take a look at their stats; most weapons in WF are either crit, status, or hybrid. Figure out which stat is highest, and slot in mods for that. If both are high (usually 25% or so) you can go hybrid and use both crit and status mods.

Usually you just want to build weapons that are best vs grineer, since all other enemies die if you blink at them, save for ancient healers, sortie hyenas, etc.

This could help

Edited by zetheros1