Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha as Fantastic support with Reaping Chakram

kapn655321

Just wanted to share how much fun I've been having with this all week.

Using a Equilibrium and Hema to chip health off safely, I can use health orbs to fuel Health Conversion and energy needs.

A good amount of orbs for the party keeps things running smoothly.

I adore this, and want it to happen with more frames!

Edited by kapn655321

I'd take Health Conversion over Equilibrum myself; but I use Zenurik - I dont think he needs either tho - BUT I agree on augment and his support abilities. Add lots of range and he CC-drops orbs like a machine. Fav way to play him. And if u can fit Safeguard (underrated status proc on allies and 90% DR is nice) albeit sure, it pops off quickly. And I honestly am not sure if allies get the immunity for 3 seconds when it goes of them... but that is a high energy Nezha just meaning he has many ways to support team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-22 at 11:25 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Fun fact, you really don’t need heath conversion on Nezha.

Fun fact. Many people know this. Bonus fact. Many people will still build it. Even funner bonus fact. Tanky nezha best nezha and Health Conversion does that well.

1 minute ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Fun fact. Many people know this. Bonus fact. Many people will still build it. Even funner bonus fact. Tanky nezha best nezha and Health Conversion does that well.

The tankiest Nezha doesn't use any health/armor/energy mods 😉

Doesn't mean people can't use those mods, it's just not optimal or the tankiest setup for Nezha when fighting high level content. Those 90% damage reduction (or 99%) are totally useless if the 10% that does get through still kills you.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

The tankiest Nezha doesn't use any health/armor/energy mods 😉

Doesn't mean people can't use those mods, it's just not optimal or the tankiest setup for Nezha when fighting high level content. Those 90% damage reduction (or 99%) are totally useless if the 10% that does get through still kills you.

If the 10% is killing you, then you dunno how to play Nezha. I preffer healt conversion cause I can literally keep the high armour grade at a near constant even into the 100s of levels. If done correctly, Nezha should never really lose to much hp. Futhermore, Nezha has one of the better ultimate cc in the game ans of course his firewalker and teleport. 

33 minutes ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

If the 10% is killing you, then you dunno how to play Nezha. I preffer healt conversion cause I can literally keep the high armour grade at a near constant even into the 100s of levels. If done correctly, Nezha should never really lose to much hp. Futhermore, Nezha has one of the better ultimate cc in the game ans of course his firewalker and teleport. 

I take it you don’t really play high level content. 10% of damage getting through will absolutely kill you and you will die waaaaaay before your halo points run out. In fact, stuff will one shot you despite 90% mitigation after less than 2hrs of MOT.

You build the strongest Nezha tank around his invulnerability against high level content, not damage mitigation,

Invulnerability will always beat mitigation, because it obviously scales much better. This dude explains it well: 

It's simple math really. You have 2 ways to build his tank:

1) Around damage mitigation, which means 10% of damage gets through. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise eventually that 10% getting through will exceed your entire health pool at high levels.

2) Around his invulnerability. At this point, it's irrelevant whether enemies do 100 or 2m damage, invulnerability always kicks in. All you have to do is NOT get hit while halo points build up...you only want 3-5k of them, anything more is actually hurting your tank.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

I take it you don’t really play high level content. 10% of damage getting through will absolutely kill you and you will die waaaaaay before your halo points run out. In fact, stuff will one shot you despite 90% mitigation after less than 2hrs of MOT.

You build the strongest Nezha tank around his invulnerability against high level content, not damage mitigation

It's simple math really.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise eventually that 10% getting through will exceed your entire health pool at high levels

At this point, it's irrelevant whether enemies do 100 or 2m damage, invulnerability always kicks in. All you have to do is NOT get hit while halo points build up...you only want 3-5k of them, anything more is actually hurting your tank.

Seems to me that the only place that build is even useful is at enemy levels you have to cheese to get to, and at that point invisibility or less gimmicky invulnerability is just better. Safe to say that nezha's 90% dr is more than enough for just about anything the game will throw at you under normal circumstances 

9 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Seems to me that the only place that build is even useful is at enemy levels you have to cheese to get to, and at that point invisibility or less gimmicky invulnerability is just better. Safe to say that nezha's 90% dr is more than enough for just about anything the game will throw at you under normal circumstances 

Doesn't really matter...if it's the best tank at those levels, it's also the best tank at lower levels. But yes, up to sortie levels you'll be totally fine with the damage mitigation tank, it's just not the best tank possible. 

32 minutes ago, Fiewel said:

I see a video where someone is bunny hopping on the same spot for 15 minutes. Sometimes he rezzes his phoenix renewal bot.

Good thing that I dont do such things.

In other words, you high-five yourself for not using the most optimal/strongest tank. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

In other words, you high-five yourself for not using the most optimal/strongest tank. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Zaw dagger with covert lethality is the strongest melee weapon at all levels, but for some reason, people still use objectively weaker weapons like the atterax and gram prime. I use a high strength pyroclastic flow meme build on nezha up to sortie level and haven't ever asked myself "am I not tanky enough?" Because I rarely even lose my 125 shields

11 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

Zaw dagger with covert lethality is the strongest melee weapon at all levels, but for some reason, people still use objectively weaker weapons like the atterax and gram prime. I use a high strength pyroclastic flow meme build on nezha up to sortie level and haven't ever asked myself "am I not tanky enough?" Because I rarely even lose my 125 shields

That’s all fine. I’m just saying you aren’t using the best tank Nezha can use...which is a fact. If you only go up to sortie level, it doesn’t really matter anyway.

That's not really true though, invuln is only worth it at that level because any shot can kill you, so the best way to take damage is to just not take it at all. Otherwise you're better off with just having a lot of disposable ehp like inaros has because you'd have to eat a bunch of shots to even notice you're taking damage. Low level enemies can't do enough damage for you to consistently get the 3s invulnerability,  so you end up dying more often because the small amounts of damage getting through are going directly to your unusually low health and shields.

36 minutes ago, Greenshockclaw said:

That's not really true though, invuln is only worth it at that level because any shot can kill you, so the best way to take damage is to just not take it at all. Otherwise you're better off with just having a lot of disposable ehp like inaros has because you'd have to eat a bunch of shots to even notice you're taking damage. Low level enemies can't do enough damage for you to consistently get the 3s invulnerability,  so you end up dying more often because the small amounts of damage getting through are going directly to your unusually low health and shields.

That’s simply not true, the invulnerability tank works at all levels.

All you have to do is make sure not to get hit when Halo refreshes so you don’t accrue more than 3-5k points.

The health/armor tank only works up to sortie levels, the invulnerability tank works at all levels. As an added benefit, by not having to fit health/armor/energy mods, you can better max strength/duration, which makes Nezha even stronger.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

@(PS4)Radehx I'm not sure tbh. I had quite a lot of fun at 2:30h in mot in an oberon and save for nullifiers and the occasional crewman blast at p9int blank range nothing was really one shotting me.

I think people tend to grossly overestimate enemy damage and forget about dodging, rolling and other maneuvres to avoid enemy fire partially or entirely, which work well enough even at really high levels (we're talking a few levels shy of 500 here). 

Just now, Autongnosis said:

@(PS4)Radehx I'm not sure tbh. I had quite a lot of fun at 2:30h in mot in an oberon and save for nullifiers and the occasional crewman blast at p9int blank range nothing was really one shotting me.

I think people tend to grossly overestimate enemy damage and forget about dodging, rolling and other maneuvres to avoid enemy fire partially or entirely, which work well enough even at really high levels (we're talking a few levels shy of 500 here). 

Up to the 2.5-3hr mark is right around when the health/armor tank thing starts falling off quickly. 

Also, don't forget, if you don't have to fit health/armor mods, you can better max your strength/duration which definitely benefits Nezha. Not saying you can't make the health tank work, it's simply not as strong and robs Nezha of (imo) too many slots to max more important stats. 

Granted, good parkour skills make up for a lot. I mean...you CAN take Banshee into high levels solo too if you're a parkour god, but there are simply easier ways. 

I just don't see a point in using the health tank if the invulnerability one works at all levels while also boosting my strength/duration better. Just requires a slight adjustment in play style. 

il y a 31 minutes, (PS4)Radehx a dit :

I just don't see a point in using the health tank if the invulnerability one works at all levels while also boosting my strength/duration better. Just requires a slight adjustment in play style. 

Oh that much is for sure. Tho what i meant by that is that my oberon prime with 12k-ish eHP isn't a tank by any stretch of the imagination and he survived just fine, the setup i run on nezha has about 8 times the effective health before adaptation so I'm assuming he would have even less of an issue. 

Let alone for the actual tanks like Mesa, Gara, Trinity, Nidus, Rhino etc. 

Considering by using health tanking i also get to ditch efficiency entirely i think it's more of a toss up tbh. Both are viable and work quite well. One is more risky during the accumulation phase in that if you mess up you're screwed but then it's riskless, the other is more consistent in risk factor. 

Also, if you have no eHP to speak of there is a window of opportunity where the enemy can just straight up kill you without triggering invincibility, and it's at a much lower damage output than it is for the eHP tank setup. 

Again, tbh it's more about preference. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

You build the strongest Nezha tank around his invulnerability against high level content, not damage mitigation,

Invulnerability will always beat mitigation, because it obviously scales much better. This dude explains it well: 

It's simple math really. You have 2 ways to build his tank:

1) Around damage mitigation, which means 10% of damage gets through. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise eventually that 10% getting through will exceed your entire health pool at high levels.

2) Around his invulnerability. At this point, it's irrelevant whether enemies do 100 or 2m damage, invulnerability always kicks in. All you have to do is NOT get hit while halo points build up...you only want 3-5k of them, anything more is actually hurting your tank.

You expect me to respect the opinion of a person who sits in a corner for 3 hours doing the same thing, which is just the zenistar plus ancient healers, and trust he knows how to play the game? I dont think so. He does even yes the roll mechanic nor does he even make use of his other weapons. If I wanted to play a snooze fest of a 4 hour solo survival then I would play like him. Otherwise my Nezha build gets me to 4 hours in kuva and that id good enough

5 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

You expect me to respect the opinion of a person who sits in a corner for 3 hours doing the same thing, which is just the zenistar plus ancient healers, and trust he knows how to play the game? I dont think so. He does even yes the roll mechanic nor does he even make use of his other weapons. If I wanted to play a snooze fest of a 4 hour solo survival then I would play like him. Otherwise my Nezha build gets me to 4 hours in kuva and that id good enough

You do realize nothing you posted disproves this is the strongest tank for Nezha?

if you want a weaker setup with less strength/duration, you do you 😉

20 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

This. I use Nezha in Elite Onslaught and Arbitrations and all forms of high level content regularly and being one-shot killed has rarely been an issue. People use invulnerability in place of the skill, and survival techniques that all Frames have access to instead of using them in addition to those. 

I've seen some of those extremist, niche builds in those videos and they are often effective but completely mind-numbing and involve no skill at all. What's there to brag about fighting level 900 enemies if they only did it by removing any challenge?

Honestly bro thank you for posting about how you're having "FUN" your way.

Sorry on behalf of the endgame community that this Conversation/Thanks to DE was undermined by degenerate nonsense (inserts of unneed/unnecessary opinions)

I've played nezah(I play most frames up to 2hrs + as a personal goal) up to 3hrs it's fun but don't let people fool you it's not worth it. I have a hema HC and Equl build on nezah too and its outstandingly fun. I wish they would incorporate that orb mechanic into other things as well as there's a lot of frames that deserve the level of quality he received. Keep enjoying the game and build "diversity".

5 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

This. I use Nezha in Elite Onslaught and Arbitrations and all forms of high level content regularly and being one-shot killed has rarely been an issue. People use invulnerability in place of the skill, and survival techniques that all Frames have access to instead of using them in addition to those. 

I've seen some of those extremist, niche builds in those videos and they are often effective but completely mind-numbing and involve no skill at all. What's there to brag about fighting level 900 enemies if they only did it by removing any challenge?

Those high levels are fun for some people because there is no margin of error. Mess up timing once and you're toast. Some people like a challenge...and to claim it doesn't require skill while pretending your EO or A somehow require skill is hilarious 😉

Also, that "extremist" build outdoes yours in both strength and duration, both important stats. So it's not just better as a tank.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

2 hours ago, (XB1)Aquarii Ptosi said:

Honestly bro thank you for posting about how you're having "FUN" your way.

Sorry on behalf of the endgame community that this Conversation/Thanks to DE was undermined by degenerate nonsense (inserts of unneed/unnecessary opinions)

I've played nezah(I play most frames up to 2hrs + as a personal goal) up to 3hrs it's fun but don't let people fool you it's not worth it. I have a hema HC and Equl build on nezah too and its outstandingly fun. I wish they would incorporate that orb mechanic into other things as well as there's a lot of frames that deserve the level of quality he received. Keep enjoying the game and build "diversity".

And that's just your opinion 😉

Also, cute how you crown yourself as king of the endgame community. Always fun to see inflated egos in gaming forums. 

Edited by (PS4)Radehx