Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda: a mix of two incompatible playstyles

Aktriaz

36 minutes ago, Shelusine said:

That is way too relatable

Her 1 + ground finisher takes more time than pressing and unreleasing 2 while canceling your damage buff in the process ? What gives you that impression ? Even more relevant to your scenario why would I not press 4, use 1 to leap and kill that unit instantly ? Even more relevant to 99.99% of the situations why would I not one shot that enemy from a distance ? At what level are heavy units scary enough for me to use a hard CC on them and slow down my slaughter ? 

I didn't say that it's hard, I said that it's unpractical no matter the range. There isn't a reason to hope in and out of an area to recover your health when you could just use any other instant recovery option that has control on the amount recovered. That's just a fact. 

But you are giving up on the OP multiplier on gas dots just because you decide to press 2 and end up in a situation where you are surrounded and thus need that fortress. As for the allies I would agree on paper but in reality when your allies are caught off guard it means that they are several meters away from you doing who knows what and dying because they are alone (I am pretty sure it is a veeeerryyy familiar situation to most players). You can't prevent that and if you are in a preventive mind set you are not caught off guard to begin with and can kill the enemies without them arming your team. 

Fair enough

Yo, did you spend 5 dollars to subscribe to get this glyph or did you watch the channel for 150 hours?

• 1 month later...

Really my only problem with Garuda is her passive paired with her healing ability. what good is having a passive that lets you do more damage with low health when your altar heals so much so fast? sure its useful for group play, but personally i think it should be changed or the healing ability (mostly the passive because someone somewhere will complain about keeping the healing ability). Personally i would like to see a passive that benefits her survivability or melee damage or something better than what she currently has, because it just feels counter intuitive. It just feels like we would be better off playing garuda and ignoring her passive, which should never happen when playing any frame, it just feels that way. What do you guys think? and for gods sake keep it civil and not so smug.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario

Tbh, her passive should be given to Valkyr. The less health she has the more she enrages, makes sense.

On the other hand, Garuda is supposed to be indifferent, so an Adaptation-like passive would fit better.

Anyway, I don't think Garuda is -that- flowed. She's enjoyable to play with, her shield is not useless in melee, her spells are all actually useful and you have to actively manage everything so you're not AFK spamming one spell.

You have to check your health/energy, regen energy through 2+3 from time to time, get out of your Altar (or kill the guy) before using your 4 or to shoot someone for max efficiency, refresh your shield if you need it, and position yourself in order to hit a maximum targets with your 4.

I really enjoy her right now, even though it's quite hard to notice her strength and enjoy her on 95% of Warframe's content, aka low level missions. But I had tons of fun on this Grineer Eximii Survival Sortie.

Edited by Chewarette

I can agree with something along the lines of her first ability be reworked, I just dont like the bomb or the mirror and just tend to forget I have a first ability.

The moment I started playing her I knew exactly what my 5 forma build for her would be and how it would play out, and very much possible that garuda does suffer these issues with base set ups like regular intensify,continuity ect.But to me I dont see these issues possibly because I only took her into real play after all my formas. I have been currently maining her for the past few weeks and as long as her health and energy are being monitored and you know when you can run around at 2 hp for a while shes a power house who can take a massive beating in and out of her blood fountain.

Im enjoying her to the point that my umbra forma will be going on her, so i can fit the last umbra mod into my build for her.

Its quite fun to slide back and forth from higher damage output to being an undying tank.

7 hours ago, Chewarette said:

even though it's quite hard to notice her strength and enjoy her on 95% of Warframe's content, aka low level missions.

Yeah she’s like Nidus when it comes to Scaling since the damage of her Blood Orb becomes Stronger when she’s at a higher level. At Sortie and further, she can become balanced to one of the most heavy hitting Damage Dealers in the Game. But in the Low Levels, like you said, can’t really find her actual Strength with her so the Weapons becomes more useful