Red Outline

Tachmag

With the arrival of Update 24, the red outline in Conclave seems to have been replaced by the thin eximus outline. 

Could this change be nullified? "Camouflage" gameplay is starting to arrise and your Warframe's appearance shouldn't be a deciding factor in a PvP scenario.

• Like 2

100% agree, i have real problems with hitting enemies now... it is very frustating especialy to fight all black/brown/grey warframes with no lights sigils...

It comes from one of the best Conclave player i have met Techmag so give it some thought guys and support this topic so DE can see it. 

On 2018-11-22 at 4:30 PM, Tachmag said:

"Camouflage" gameplay is starting to arrise and your Warframe's appearance shouldn't be a deciding factor in a PvP scenario.

Oh, but how would DE sell us all those platinum loadout slots if they didn't let us min-max our existing loadouts with map-specific camouflage?

More seriously, I appreciate how the muted highlighting makes it easier to differentiate between opponents. This was harder when everyone was covered in red.
I think the highlighting intensity should scale with distance, with a thin outline on nearby opponents and an unconcealable outline on distant ones.
This way, you can tell who's who among the most relevant threats, and you'll still be able to see Mr. xX_Goth69Shadow_Xx when he snipes at you from his dark corner.

On 2018-11-25 at 3:56 PM, Aramil999 said:

It comes from one of the best Conclave player i have met Techmag

Competence in Conclave doesn't guarantee competence in formulating feedback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Competence in Conclave doesn't guarantee competence in formulating feedback.

Don't be so negative, if someone knows how to be good in gamemode, he should be able to tell when something is wrong in it.

btw. I belive in team matches 4v4 your team didn't have red outline before the this patch. Enemies had nice thicc red around them. No I shoot my teammates way to often instead of enemies.

6 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

I think the highlighting intensity should scale with distance, with a thin outline on nearby opponents and an unconcealable outline on distant ones.

That wouldn't address the "stay in the sidelines shooting everyone who's busy fighting in the back" playstyle that the lack of a red outline made flourish even more. 

The red outline was present to make sure your choice of appearance has no impact in your gameplay, make players easily spottable to push fights, to weaken potshotting "strats" and to make chasing hit&run-ing players easier. Sacrificing all of these for slightly easier identification of who you're shooting at doesn't seem worth it at all.

No, why would you want to kill a playstyle that doesn’t suit you? I kinda like sitting in the back with a sniper rifle killing kids while they play jumping simulator. Just because you don’t like it and you don’t play that certain way, it should be removed or changed.

2 minutes ago, Ezikeo said:

No, why would you want to kill a playstyle that doesn’t suit you? I kinda like sitting in the back with a sniper rifle killing kids while they play jumping simulator. Just because you don’t like it and you don’t play that certain way, it should be removed or changed.

You're missing the point. Appearance should not matter in any pvp game that wants to be balanced and meaningful. What if someone doesn't have the color palette that matches the surroundings? Is he at a disadvantage then?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

You're missing the point. Appearance should not matter in any pvp game that wants to be balanced and meaningful. What if someone doesn't have the color palette that matches the surroundings? Is he at a disadvantage then?

You mean the same advantage of some players buying certain Warframes or weapons with plat? Clearly OP is being outplayed, he’s probably getting 2 tapped by a player that uses his surroundings and distance to kill OP. He clearly states he doesn’t like the “camouflage” play style, because he’s losing to them. It has nothing to do with balance, it’s clearly an issue with OP getting outplayed and not being able to adapt. If your in the air playing jumping simulator, I’m going to outrange you, hide and shoot you from the sky.

Just now, Ezikeo said:

You mean the same advantage of some players buying certain Warframes or weapons with plat? Clearly OP is being outplayed, he’s probably getting 2 tapped by a player that uses his surroundings and distance to kill OP. He clearly states he doesn’t like the “camouflage” play style, because he’s losing to them. It has nothing to do with balance, it’s clearly an issue with OP getting outplayed and not being able to adapt. If your in the air playing jumping simulator, I’m going to outrange you, hide and shoot you from the sky.

Weapons in pvp are balanced. Mk1 works even better than the prime variants in some cases. The point about weapons giving advantage is menial.

Also, the camouflage playstyle couldn't exist before the redline changes. It shouldn't now. Do you want to create a new meta where everyone is running around in camo colours and shooting at near invisible targets? Conclave is elite enough as it is.

Also, the color palette problem. Which you have failed to address.

I cannot see a PvP where cosmetics determine/affect how well you perform. It's ridiculous and imbalanced.

• Like 2

See this is the issue with the “conclave veterans” when you get outplayed and owned, you go cry on the forums and want change, because you refuse to adapt to the game. With your logic, you might as well force both sides to be a certain color, ie red and blue. And while you are at it give everyone wall hacks, because “camouflage” and hiding is a bad thing. I hope the devs stop listening to you guys.

1 hour ago, Ezikeo said:

See this is the issue with the “conclave veterans” when you get outplayed and owned, you go cry on the forums and want change, because you refuse to adapt to the game. With your logic, you might as well force both sides to be a certain color, ie red and blue. And while you are at it give everyone wall hacks, because “camouflage” and hiding is a bad thing. I hope the devs stop listening to you guys.

OR maybe you are abusing the changes and creating a cheese gameplay environment which you want to keep abusing to unfairly have an advantage over other players who don't have the capability to use these tactics because they don't have the fitting cosmetics?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tachmag said:

That wouldn't address the "stay in the sidelines shooting everyone who's busy fighting in the back" playstyle that the lack of a red outline made flourish even more.

An absurd conclusion. How would it not address that?

A scaling outline makes intuitive sense.
Visibility decreases with distance. To counter that, highlighting should become more noticeable at greater distances, without obscuring important details up close.
You don't need a red blanket on your enemies when they're right in front of you.

15 hours ago, Tachmag said:

The red outline was present to make sure your choice of appearance has no impact in your gameplay, make players easily spottable to push fights, to weaken potshotting "strats" and to make chasing hit&run-ing players easier. Sacrificing all of these for slightly easier identification of who you're shooting at doesn't seem worth it at all.

You pretend as if all those things would be impossible should the red outline scale with distance; that is not even remotely true.
Secondly, don't understate the importance of being able to immediately distinguish players. We both know different players can pose wildly different degrees of threat at different times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

An absurd conclusion. How would it not address that?

A scaling outline makes intuitive sense.
Visibility decreases with distance. To counter that, highlighting should become more noticeable at greater distances, without obscuring important details up close.
You don't need a red blanket on your enemies when they're right in front of you.

You pretend as if all those things would be impossible should the red outline scale with distance; that is not even remotely true.
Secondly, don't understate the importance of being able to immediately distinguish players. We both know different players can pose wildly different degrees of threat at different times.

I'm actually on the side of a consistent redline. It is actually very possible to miss an enemy in your peripheral vision in close quarters, especially in darker environments. Also, consistency is nice to see anyways.

Either way, either with consistent redline or scaling redline, we all agree we need more redline.

10 hours ago, Cephalycion said:

Either way, either with consistent redline or scaling redline, we all agree we need more redline.

Finaly someone! WE NEED MORE, BIGGER RED LINES ON ENEMIES

15 hours ago, Ezikeo said:

Clearly OP is being outplayed, he’s probably getting 2 tapped by a player that uses his surroundings and distance to kill OP. He clearly states he doesn’t like the “camouflage” play style, because he’s losing to them. It has nothing to do with balance, it’s clearly an issue with OP getting outplayed and not being able to adapt. If your in the air playing jumping simulator, I’m going to outrange you, hide and shoot you from the sky.

Nor OP nor any good player aka "conclave veteran" is EVER outplayed by such cheap tactic. Learn to play and then comment about playstyles in PvP.

Even I die at most 1 maybe 2 times a match to "chees sniper", after that such poor guy has no life as I know every map sniping locations and simply destroy such helpless noo... individuals. 

Sniping from the corner of map is NOT a problematic playstyle.

The worst thing is close quater very fast peaced wall-blending. When you simply have no time to chceck whole screen, but use peripheral vision.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-11-27 at 7:56 PM, Ezikeo said:

Camping simply isn't viable in conclave. It limits your ability to kill players on other sides of the map, it can limit your ability to access energy/health spawns, it can make you vulnerable to certain abilities. Conclave, in my experience, supports very mobile high-octane kill heavy playstyles. Camping in the back may net you 5-10 kills, but it won't win you the match. The most a camper will ever be in Warframe is annoying.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-22 at 7:30 PM, Tachmag said:

With the arrival of Update 24, the red outline in Conclave seems to have been replaced by the thin eximus outline. 

Could this change be nullified? "Camouflage" gameplay is starting to arrise and your Warframe's appearance shouldn't be a deciding factor in a PvP scenario.

Dony forget de doesn't care about pvp... 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Greenshockclaw said:

IIRC conclave has a separate team that only works on the mode

Given the amount of feedback about balance given and how the latest releases haven't been rebalanced for conclave, it looks like that "conclave team" has gone M.I.A. and nobody knows when, or if it will be back.

• Like 2