Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we make Plague Zaw parts blueprint tradable plz ?

Doomsknightmare

3 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

No, that will kill part of the meaning of doing the event. Furthermore, one day you got all those Plague things, you wouldn't need such "tradable" feature anymore. This is also true if you want to get some for your friends. 

To be fair, I don't see what issue it would cause, as said it's usually about 6 months between the event which for some is an eternity. 

I also wouldn't mind the plague star arcane blueprints to be tradeable too, I bought a lot the first time round due to how arcanes used to work then DE basically decided to change how the arcanes worked so I now only need 1 set and have zero use for the excess and the only way to trade them is to build them which is a long and 'expensive' grind. 

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair, I don't see what issue it would cause, as said it's usually about 6 months between the event which for some is an eternity. 

I also wouldn't mind the plague star arcane blueprints to be tradeable too, I bought a lot the first time round due to how arcanes used to work then DE basically decided to change how the arcanes worked so I now only need 1 set and have zero use for the excess and the only way to trade them is to build them which is a long and 'expensive' grind. 

Player retention strategy..... doesn't take much to realize this really.

Semi-Exclusivity = spike of player count when the attached item pops back in circulation. Case in point, Acolyte mods; diff being those don't give you mastery point directly whereas plague zaws would.

3 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

Player retention strategy..... doesn't take much to realize this really. 

Semi-Exclusivity = spike of player count when the attached item pops back in circulation. Case in point, Acolyte mods; diff being those don't give you mastery point directly whereas plague zaws would.

Except 'new players' have been complaining about not being able to get all mastery point items... just look at all the moaning over needing to invest some time into getting the login weapons for example.   Making them available via trade wouldn't change player retention, if anything it might keep them here longer and/or make the player invest in plat. 

As to exclusivity, no idea why an event weapon should be harder to get than a prime weapon....

13 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Except 'new players' have been complaining about not being able to get all mastery point items... just look at all the moaning over needing to invest some time into getting the login weapons for example.   Making them available via trade wouldn't change player retention, if anything it might keep them here longer and/or make the player invest in plat. 

As to exclusivity, no idea why an event weapon should be harder to get than a prime weapon....

Cause that's the whole point of "perceived exclusivity".... player retention...

You can try and rationalize it in any way from a consumer standpoint but all of it is moot when you understand the corporate mindset/ motivation behind it. The reasoning makes 0 sense from us consumers' standpoint, but from a corporate standpoint; it facilitating/ enforcing player retention, it all makes sense.

Making it available through plat does not make the player stay longer; it's the inverse. People chew through content at breakneck pace as is, and when people get what they want, they move on from the content. I.e. if people can buy it zaws with plat, it may increase plat economy on the short term but so does it decrease the game's longevity from people moving on from warframe for having "seen/ get" everything they want. Events being so far and few inbetween is like those seasonal deals/ blackfriday shenanigan; when it hits, people barge in and player count gets back up/ keeps the game relevant in the media.

As for your last sentence/ point... it's oxymoronic at best there mate.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I'm a simple person, so there're 2 simple reasons I don't wanna support OP's idea :

1. Old and experience players like you may stock a sh*t ton of event stuffs, and supposed that it was possible to trade them, you could sell those to who really need. Most of them who want to buy those plague stuffs with plat are surely newbies. You may or may not see it but selling your stuffs to them can result in discouraging to participate in events.

2. Apart from plague zaws, there are a lot of weapons, warframes, sentinels, pets, amps, regular zaws and mods out there waiting for us to discover and master. Just simply imagine, even if it takes 6 months for the event to come back, all of those time are enough to train most things to lvl 30 and do themselves researches on how this game's system works, the latter of which really really really needs serious study and practice. Once they really know what the hell they're doing with mods and stuffs, they're ready to pay attention to plague zaw, or else they won't understand sh*t why melee like Plague Kripath and Gram Prime are said to be overpowered af, ignorance will just make them feel all weapons are the same ! So why moan about the wait though ?

I know some newbies buy most overpowered stuffs with plat and built everything as told by other ppl. But then when I tried to argue (just asking) why they built mods like that, their ignorance just shut their mouth up, or couldn't say anything that sounds good. Some even told me weapons like Tiberon Prime is sh*t because its base dmg was too low (oh ok lmao....). So everything I stated is not for OP alone.

4 часа назад, LSG501 сказал:

"new players" have 999 other things to farm or do in this 6 month.  You cant just cry "im a new player,give me everything in the game fast!!".

Like people said - no,ty. Its event MAIN part, to get rare stuff. If rare event things will be sellable - they will 1) worth nothing 2) worth nothing = no reason for even participating events = dead events. Nice idea fellow tenno =//

God, I love when new players(or just not very smart people) are posting their "cool new ideas", which in real sight of view are just "this ideas are comfortable for me, and i dont care about other,just give me!"

Edited by Melanholic7

7 hours ago, LSG501 said:

it is way it is on purpose to make it something to look forward to and work for.  and its not like its long between or hard to get.  there easily enough other things to keep one busy between the times it shows up.  and ranking up and getting it is not hard either if get phylaxis bp at first rank up.  Using just 4 of that one and either solo if can do it or half decent group can get 4k rep an hour easy so should have or beclose to having the 2 strike bps with in 2-3 hours of event 

btw I went from rank 0 to having every weapon bp from event in 1 day of no work

Edited by (PS4)Cargan2016

I'm not going to quote all the posts because I can basically reply to this with one single response to all of them...

Considering that there was this huge issue with login weapons being locked behind a locked duration of days I find it funny that players (I'm not going to check but I bet at least some of you wanted that changed) are now supporting having an item which supplies standing stuck behind a timewall which can be, based on previous gaps, 6 MONTHS, that's 180 days which is only 20 days less than the gaps between the login weapons which players were complaining over.   This forum/game really doesn't make sense some times...

And for those thinking I'm saying it because I'm new, it's not, I'm rank 25 (I can take the rank 26 test in fact) and have over 900 days of logins so I've done the grind for the login weapons without a single complaint over the wait as well, in fact I wanted to keep the wait on those because of the time it takes to get them. 

Everyone is assuming it would just be new players who would be wanting to buy them too, there might be players who had to have an unexpected gap from the game due to family or personal matters so while I used 'new players' as reference in first response, because they're the ones usually wanting stuff quickly, they're not the only ones this would benefit. 

5 hours ago, Diangelius said:

9 hours ago, Tsardova said:

3 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

Everyone is assuming it would just be new players who would be wanting to buy them too, there might be players who had to have an unexpected gap from the game due to family or personal matters so while I used 'new players' as reference in first response, because they're the ones usually wanting stuff quickly, they're not the only ones this would benefit. 

Umm being able to suddenly buy some of the best things in game that would make it a pay to win feature then and that is one thing DE has been very strongly against and works hard to avoid.  and every time they realized something in the game has basically added in a pay to win in past they have been quick to either take it out or change it to a method that makes it able to be gotten with just little hard work or patience

51 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm not going to quote all the posts because I can basically reply to this with one single response to all of them...

Considering that there was this huge issue with login weapons being locked behind a locked duration of days I find it funny that players (I'm not going to check but I bet at least some of you wanted that changed) are now supporting having an item which supplies standing stuck behind a timewall which can be, based on previous gaps, 6 MONTHS, that's 180 days which is only 20 days less than the gaps between the login weapons which players were complaining over.   This forum/game really doesn't make sense some times...

And for those thinking I'm saying it because I'm new, it's not, I'm rank 25 (I can take the rank 26 test in fact) and have over 900 days of logins so I've done the grind for the login weapons without a single complaint over the wait as well, in fact I wanted to keep the wait on those because of the time it takes to get them. 

.... Sigh... 

Generalizing the masses that do complain about timegating with those who tolerate them doesn't exactly make for a compelling start there dude.

"This forum doesn't make sense some times..." - mate, grab a mirror, cause this is as hypocritical as you can get. Every other person who voiced valid argument(s) against the concept of plat shortcut on zaws from the developer's standpoint and consumer standpoint. Lazy as it is, timegating the few content that is in the game does add to what little longevity the game has, what with people burning through content at breakneck pace as is. People complained about acolyte mods and yet here we are, with player count spiking every time the event goes live, so does plague event.

The last argument is as true as it is horse dookie.... plague star happened thrice so far with enough time gap for one to log in for an hour or so while the 10 days or so of it going live on each occurrence. You're likewise overgeneralizing those who were unlucky with timing/ unorganized to those who know how to squeeze a few hours in said 10 days to play the game. I've missed the April plague event but got everything noteworthy a few months back in sept's plague event just fine within 4 hours total over the weekends with mates. I can empathize with those who have rl obligations and miss the event, but that doesn't mean these events being far inbetween can't be a motivation to look forward to playing the game again at a later date.

We know the event comes back in a relatively consistent timeframe/gap, we know what items we want from the event. There's 0 reason for you to feel like it's the end of the world that these content are timegated to an extent to the point where there's a need for the event to be to be skippable entirely

You seem to think that making plague zaws tradeable only bring positives yet you disregard/ ignore the fact that people complained about lack of content when simply making plague zaws buyable with plat from another player means the buyers would end up joining the fray who will complain about lack of content.... It's an oxymoronic loop solely from ignorance and entitlement. Wanting =/= needing.

Again, while I do admit timegating is lazy design choice to extend longevity for the game, I likewise understand the need for it to an extent.

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

While you and people who can't participate in the event because of real life matters, have my sympathy for that part, and also the fact that I only mentioned about newbies, all of those still do not change the fact that, making event stuffs "spread-able" discourages most ppl a lot ! Sure that may be open for those who have no way to farm the Plague stuffs, don't forget that newbies involve too, the latter of which have bigger population !

I believe that you don't want to kill the event either, yeah ?

9 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

.... Sigh... 

Generalizing the masses that do complain about timegating with those who tolerate them doesn't exactly make for a compelling start there dude.

"This forum doesn't make sense some times..." - mate, grab a mirror, cause this is as hypocritical as you can get. Every other person who voiced valid argument(s) against the concept of plat shortcut on zaws from the developer's standpoint and consumer standpoint. Lazy as it is, timegating the few content that is in the game does add to what little longevity the game has, what with people burning through content at breakneck pace as is. People complained about acolyte mods and yet here we are, with player count spiking every time the event goes live, so does plague event. 

The last argument is as true as it is horse dookie.... plague star happened thrice so far with enough time gap for one to log in for an hour or so while the 10 days or so of it going live on each occurrence. You're likewise overgeneralizing those who were unlucky with timing/ unorganized to those who know how to squeeze a few hours in said 10 days to play the game. I've missed the April plague event but got everything noteworthy a few months back in sept's plague event just fine within 4 hours total over the weekends with mates. I can empathize with those who have rl obligations and miss the event, but that doesn't mean these events being far inbetween can't be a motivation to look forward to playing the game again at a later date.

We know the event comes back in a relatively consistent timeframe/gap, we know what items we want from the event. There's 0 reason for you to feel like it's the end of the world that these content are timegated to an extent to the point where there's a need for the event to be to be skippable entirely

You seem to think that making plague zaws tradeable only bring positives yet you disregard/ ignore the fact that people complained about lack of content when simply making plague zaws buyable with plat from another player means the buyers would end up joining the fray who will complain about lack of content.... It's an oxymoronic loop solely from ignorance and entitlement. Wanting =/= needing. 

Again, while I do admit timegating is lazy design choice to extend longevity for the game, I likewise understand the need for it to an extent.

And you're making the assumption that players who would be buying it with plat would be here for a long time anyway.  It's already pretty obvious this game is being 'redesigned' to cater for the splash and dash type players who splash the cash, play for a shorter period then run off to the next game where they can spend money.   DE are making the grinds 'longer' to push these types of player to buy with plat purely because the attention span and 'dedication' to a game of players is not what it used to be, especially with the way the game is now being promoted via twitch etc.

You go on about me ignoring DE business side of things yet my second reply in the thread said about the people buying the blueprints might buy them after buying plat....ie the 'splash and dash' type I refer to above.  Yes a 'long term' player could stock up and sell them later but that will also make the prices lower because of supply and demand but there are so many ways that a veteran can make plat via trade that we're not the target market for DE to sell plat to anyway. 

If you're worried about a player getting the plague star items too early it's easy enough to fix by sticking them behind an MR lock, lots of other things already have that, clearly DE isn't too worried about newbies getting strong weapons too early because they've been giving away near top of the ladder prime items via twitch prime...even without mods a scindo and soma prime will slaughter low level enemies far easier than the usual starter weapons you get.

You're also only looking at it as a 'long term' player, a new player who doesn't know about the forum, the wiki or past events (and there's plenty of these players) won't know that it will come around every 6 months, in fact neither do we as DE haven't said that it is even coming back again (it likely is but it's not for certain).  Plenty of newer players have come on here and said they're leaving because of 'time gating' or the grind etc. 

It's also comical that you're going on about lack of content as an argument to keep them exclusive, one of the main aspects of the game is 'got to get it all' and for some people that is content, getting to try new weapons, combinations of mods etc is what they come to play the game for.  It's also strange that you don't see weapons as content when the majority of the games content, if you ignore PoE and Fortuna (which in fact actually extends the next bit due to kitguns and zaws ironically) in the time I've been playing the game has either been a reskin of a map (earth, the lighting changes and the currently ongoing Jupiter maps) or items you can collect and level for standing (ie kavats/kubrows/sentinels/weapons/warframes etc).  In realistic terms we haven't really had new 'map' content outside of PoE and Fortuna and while I agree we do likely need some more maps (hell just higher levels would work) it's not a quick job to do.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

Umm being able to suddenly buy some of the best things in game that would make it a pay to win feature then and that is one thing DE has been very strongly against and works hard to avoid.  and every time they realized something in the game has basically added in a pay to win in past they have been quick to either take it out or change it to a method that makes it able to be gotten with just little hard work or patience 

Yet DE are perfectly fine with selling gram prime (and previous power creep primes) via prime access, which doesn't have a MR restriction.   They're also, as I said above, fine with giving away higher tier primes with twitch prime. 

As you seem to be basically worried about getting it too early then treat them like rivens or prime parts in game, stick them behind MR locks, job done, newbies won't get them straight away and you have to work a little while to unlock the MR level.

6 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

While you and people who can't participate in the event because of real life matters, have my sympathy for that part, and also the fact that I only mentioned about newbies, all of those still do not change the fact that, making event stuffs "spread-able" discourages most ppl a lot ! Sure that may be open for those who have no way to farm the Plague stuffs, don't forget that newbies involve too, the latter of which have bigger population !

I believe that you don't want to kill the event either, yeah ?

Oh I got plenty the first time round (hence why I've got an excess of arcane bp's after DE changing the way they worked), last time I couldn't even be bothered to run it more than a half dozen times...it just felt so tedious.

As to other stuff, read the above comment from me as it likely covers it because it really sounds like most of the 'complaints' you are all having can be fixed by just shoving them behind an MR lock.

Edited by LSG501

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Yet DE are perfectly fine with selling gram prime (and previous power creep primes) via prime access, which doesn't have a MR restriction.   They're also, as I said above, fine with giving away higher tier primes with twitch prime. 

As you seem to be basically worried about getting it too early then treat them like rivens or prime parts in game, stick them behind MR locks, job done, newbies won't get them straight away and you have to work a little while to unlock the MR level.

primes are not exclusively obtainable threw the packs for sale that is exactly why we even have relics and the ability to farm them.  so thats not technically pay to win thats more a pay to skip the tedious  farm

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

primes are not exclusively obtainable threw the packs for sale that is exactly why we even have relics and the ability to farm them.  so thats not technically pay to win thats more a pay to skip the tedious  farm

How is that any different to buying the plague star event items then?  All you would be doing when buying the bp for a plague star weapon would be 'skipping the tedious farm' and/or the wait, which is no different to buying a vaulted prime part which will come back at some point in the future, just like plague star.  

Another thing to consider is that prime access allows a player to skip MR requirements, the gram prime for example is mr14, which (iirc, it's been a LONG time since I had MR rank to consider) means that you can't even trade for it until you hit that rank, you definitely can't build it that's for sure.  Now that could easily be classed as enabling pay to win when you consider an mr 1 could technically get the 'best' heavy sword in game just by paying some real money. 

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

And you're making the assumption that players who would be buying it with plat would be here for a long time anyway.  It's already pretty obvious this game is being 'redesigned' to cater for the splash and dash type players who splash the cash, play for a shorter period then run off to the next game where they can spend money.   DE are making the grinds 'longer' to push these types of player to buy with plat purely because the attention span and 'dedication' to a game of players is not what it used to be, especially with the way the game is now being promoted via twitch etc.

You go on about me ignoring DE business side of things yet my second reply in the thread said about the people buying the blueprints might buy them after buying plat....ie the 'splash and dash' type I refer to above.  Yes a 'long term' player could stock up and sell them later but that will also make the prices lower because of supply and demand but there are so many ways that a veteran can make plat via trade that we're not the target market for DE to sell plat to anyway. 

If you're worried about a player getting the plague star items too early it's easy enough to fix by sticking them behind an MR lock, lots of other things already have that, clearly DE isn't too worried about newbies getting strong weapons too early because they've been giving away near top of the ladder prime items via twitch prime...even without mods a scindo and soma prime will slaughter low level enemies far easier than the usual starter weapons you get.

You're also only looking at it as a 'long term' player, a new player who doesn't know about the forum, the wiki or past events (and there's plenty of these players) won't know that it will come around every 6 months, in fact neither do we as DE haven't said that it is even coming back again (it likely is but it's not for certain).  Plenty of newer players have come on here and said they're leaving because of 'time gating' or the grind etc. 

It's also comical that you're going on about lack of content as an argument to keep them exclusive, one of the main aspects of the game is 'got to get it all' and for some people that is content, getting to try new weapons, combinations of mods etc is what they come to play the game for.  It's also strange that you don't see weapons as content when the majority of the games content, if you ignore PoE and Fortuna (which in fact actually extends the next bit due to kitguns and zaws ironically) in the time I've been playing the game has either been a reskin of a map (earth, the lighting changes and the currently ongoing Jupiter maps) or items you can collect and level for standing (ie kavats/kubrows/sentinels/weapons/warframes etc).  In realistic terms we haven't really had new 'map' content outside of PoE and Fortuna and while I agree we do likely need some more maps (hell just higher levels would work) it's not a quick job to do.

That's the whole point.... Your whole argument is based on a sense of entitlement whereas it's clear as day that any and all mmo/ multplayer game developer's goal IS to keep the game relevant to the masses as much and as long as possible.

There's no baseline for assumption where you can draw such outlandish opinion there dude.... If it is made for splash and dash gameplay then DE wouldn't have implemented both hard and soft timegating on some of the content. Mastery rank test limit, Mastery rank arsenal limit, event gear timegating, foundry limitation, etc are all minute details made to extend/ ensure player login time.

You can feign ignorance all you want for the sake of justifying your borked logic but honestly, you being an mr25/26 and being this entitled already points to you being a p2w/ pay to get in any mmo/ game you play.

You're making 0 sense yet again with saying mr lock on zaws as valid limitation... You want to allow people to be able to take shortcut to these zaws and yet if DE placed an MR13 or more mastery lock then these people who'd buy them and not be in the mastery rank will end up playing the game regardless while the event would become largely forgotten; which is a double edged sword. The whole point of an event is player participation, no matter how minute, how can you not see this.

Ah... the strawman argument. You say my argument is comical yet you disregard the specific part about perceived exclusivity.  If you understand that the main aspect of the game being to get all the content there is then you'd understand why DE chose to timegate these event items, yet here you are belittling others who doesn't share your sentiment on wanting shortcuts and making jolly scenarios where you're the only one who's right without substantial argument for the game's longevity.

And that's the whole point of perceived exclusivity ergo timegating; DE is a relatively small company and they made do with randomized tiles gimmick for a long time to begin with, demonstrating their struggle to keep up with the demand for content (again, cite content drought). Timegating, again, as lazy as it is is a somewhat necessary step for them to get by with the whole demand of the masses who chew through content at breakneck pace. Yet you WANT a way to shorten the game's lifespan for more players to create more content drought just for the sake of entitled perspective on wanting ease of access by disregarding the need for perceived exclusivity (ergo motivation) while acknowledging that the issue? In what planet were you taught that adding a problem to a preexisting overlong issue equate to a solution?

Unless you can make a logically sound argument for plague zaws being tradeable between players and not base your train of thought solely on convenience and entitlement, drop the condescending act.

83ce948166a598c00b08fb558b07f224.gif

Imagine there's an event that has the usual prize brackets with garbage, and the "best" prize is an ignis wraith blueprint. How many people are going to do that event? DE wastes it's time on an event that noone does and might even lose players in the process (content drought yadda yadda). 

I mean look at the Ghoul garbage. The one thing that event does is annoy fishers/miners, and the bounty rewards are pretty much worthless so noone does it. You want plague star to become like that?

30 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

83ce948166a598c00b08fb558b07f224.gif

I think that sums up your reply....

Also you say that I'm trying to belittle other people's opinions yet I'm not the one replying in such an 'aggressive' manner to try and prove their point.  

Actually having a quick look at some of your other posts in other threads it seems like you have a very large proportion of (to put it politely) negative and/or argumentative stand points no matter the topic... so I think this will be the last time I will worry about responding to your comments.

Edited by LSG501
typo