Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE, can we pls have more platinum cosmetics? tennogen is nice, but i have all this plat and don't know what to do with it.

-LIVIGO-

12 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

they already have the money from plat. what's the incentive to make cosmetics for plat?

incentive? theyll have more income as people will have more of a reason to buy plat to spend on the new cosmetics duh.

54 minutes ago, -x-5P1T.F1R3-x- said:

Title.

they already said they were gonna make more than 1 set of delux skins for every frame (i think probs a delux and a proto but then again maybe 2 delux and a proto)

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

they already have the money from plat. what's the incentive to make cosmetics for plat?

Inflation pretty much.

It's likely why Relics were added, Endo is much easier to get any why Arcanes drop from low end fights.

When something mainstream starts to cost too much it de-values a player's incentive to purchase plat. Before Relics a Prime set often cost 200-300 plat and it wasn't vaulted. Before Ayatan a maxed Primed mod sold 400-500p. Arcane Energize was up to 8k if I recall and now it's down to 2k.

If a player buys a 1k plat bundle they could hardly buy those things. Now Prime sets are like 50p and Maxed Primed mods are down to 200p.

Adding cosmetics removes plat from the economy and indirectly gives platinum more value and value based selling affects their profits long as they continue to sell at the same price point. Mobile games sell on a Whaling system because they don't intend to be around long. Warframe cannot do that. They can however hybridize it which is what I think is going on with Rivens. Whale now, catch fish tomorrow but that's mostly a theory.

I'm not saying it's priority one on their profits. I think boosters were last they mentioned but like boosters cosmetics serve to remove plat from the economy.

9 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

Because they get all the money from Plat cosmetics while Tennogen money is shared with the original content creator. Also they're not an evil corporation like EA or Activision.

1 hour ago, Mifune013 said:

Because they get all the money from Plat cosmetics while Tennogen money is shared with the original content creator. Also they're not an evil corporation like EA or Activision.

but they already have the money from plat. they make no extra money when you spend plat

8 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

but they already have the money from plat. they make no extra money when you spend plat

Yes they do.

Because then that's plat out of the economy. In other words, more people spending plat on plat items means more people buying plat.

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Yes they do.

Because then that's plat out of the economy. In other words, more people spending plat on plat items means more people buying plat.

drop in the bucked, there is so much plat hoarded by long time traders, it doesn't matter if you offer some cosmetics to newbies. they will buy plat anyway.

1 minute ago, Rawbeard said:

drop in the bucked, there is so much plat hoarded by long time traders, it doesn't matter if you offer some cosmetics to newbies. they will buy plat anyway.

Because they want cosmetics, usually. Not many newbies consider buying plat for slots and the like early on.

So, more cosmetics means more things to entice newbies with.

Besides, the hoarded plat might as well not exist since the people who have that much aren't honestly that likely to spend much of it for other people because they generally have so much because they have access to everything, thus have the ability to trade without a conflict of interest - i.e. they already have several Corrosive Projections so they're free to make more plat by selling their spares, but they're never gonna buy another Corrosive Projection, are they?

6 hours ago, Rawbeard said:

They don't have my money from Plats though. Currently I have 25 plats and very few cosmetic items I want to buy. If they released more cosmetic items then I might consider buying more Plats to obtain those items.