Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator only sorties

RealHeftyTrout

9 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

On the contrary, Operators are thicc enough to survive mainly due to the invincibility mode.

But the damage is really, really bad.

So no way to Operator Sortie. Can you imagine an augmented armor operator sortie exterminate?

Unairu Armor Strip.

Edited by Kaotyke

13 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Unairu Armor Strip.

That is a terrible suggestion. Locking everyone to one school is not very impressive.

Armor strip isn't getting rid of cloned flesh's -50% to void either.

Perhaps not full on Sorties, but Operator missions? Certainly.

They'd be less high speed and more deliberate planning.  Shorter jaunts though, say, populated areas where using a Warframe would be too dangerous to the surrounding area or people, but the focused and precise capabilities of the Operator would be a perfect fir.

6 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

That is a terrible suggestion. Locking everyone to one school is not very impressive.

Armor strip isn't getting rid of cloned flesh's -50% to void either.

You asked about armor only, I answered. My point still stands.

Edited by Kaotyke

Dunno why people keep saying Operators can't handle sorties. Once you get your Operator fully decked-out, they can play through sortie 3 no problem. The only time I've ever struggled as my Operator was against lvl100+ armored heavy units such as Bombards and Nox.

Oh yeah, but not at the moment.

Operators still lack full polish and mechanics to make them an independent fighting force. They need better mobility, weapon customization (mods?), and focus abilities. Once we've gotten all these, I'd love to see custom missions for Operators only or mostly.

With custom sorties (this gives me an idea...) tuned for operator sure, why not?

As of now void damage is pretty much ridicule. All this almighty-ishness and you can only kill low level trash mobs or little above (save for a few rare occasions when you can kill something a bit more beefy). If they made it a new damage type and gave everything like minus 200% damage resistance to it maybe it would work. The thing is, warframes get the job done with harder stuff in less than half the time. Why bother?