How to properly mod my Boltor

DelusionalDunmer

Question

5 answers to this question

On the build you've provided, remove hammer shot and max out Split chamber for multishot i.e. more damage. Catalysts are very good. forma not so much unless you plan on using the weapon for a long time or just want to use it for a bit of fun/build testing.

Edited by GOEATSOMEFUSHM8
Additional information

at the moment, you're using up a lot of Mod Points on not Damage. Multi-Shot Mods are not useful unless they are maxed, so either use it maxed or don't use it at all.
because of the high Cost per Mod, you may stray away from using Split Chamber entirely for the time being. Vigilante Armaments is an easy Mod to get and much cheaper to Equip, though!
i would recommend doing a few Earth Bounties and getting a copy of that. you can use that on Weapons you're not sure you're going to use to get a decent amount of Multi-Shot for a low cost.

Elemental Mods dramatically increase the Damage your Weapon deals, and earlier on in the game any Elemental Damage is a massive boon, though the optimal Damage Types for a specific Weapon vs the Faction you're fighting will perform better.

something like this for example, would have good performance for now.
gpxGC6X.png

i do recommend adding that one Polarity, it'll make a big difference. adding 1-2 to a Weapon that you think is doing pretty acceptably for your preferences goes a long way, early on.
each Polarity you add to a Weapon without a Catalyst will generally let you Equip one more Mod than before, which is an enormous boon to your Damage.

43 minutes ago, GOEATSOMEFUSHM8 said:

Catalysts are very good. forma not so much unless you plan on using the weapon for a long time or just want to use it for a bit of fun/build testing.

that doesn't really make sense - Forma is much easier to acquire in large amounts than Catalysts/Reactors. while you have to relevel things, it's less expensive for a newer Player to invest 1-2 Forma into a Weapon than to use one of the very few Catalysts they will have on a Weapon they might not even end up liking, possibly.

Edited by taiiat

I recommend you not to invest any forma or orokin catalyst into this Boltor. Just build simply like taiiat and you're good to go. In later game, when you rank up, there're better guns for your choice like Telos Boltor, which is much stronger. Save your formas and catalysts for them !

Apart from boltor, Hek is a very good shotgun for low-mastery players you may wanna look at.