Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For goodness sake, please make a primed frame efficiency mod

zoobmer

Warframe abilities are this games single mechanical selling point over it's competitors. Other games which are similar in genre also have abilities, but their active abilities are dull compared to Warframe. In the end of the day, abilities are the mechanical reason I enjoy Warframe, as opposed to gunplay. Given how vital abilities are to the gameplay, we should by all means be able to use them liberally.

Despite this, the difficulty of balancing ability stats means we simply do not have the energy to cast abilities as often as we want. The main contention is the inability to simultaneously get high duration and high efficiency.

I'm here to propose two mods, and ask you to add one of the two to the game in order to remade this issue:

• primed streamline: 10 rank mod with +60% efficiency at max rank
  • primed Fleeting Expertise: a 10 rank mod with +7% efficiency per rank but only -2% duration per rank

How about you actually try to use the mod system instead of asking for powercreep mods that won’t happen? Didn’t you think that the inability to get high duration and efficiency is intended? 

Seriously, stop asking for powercreep just because you don’t want to compromise 

No thanks. Abilites are already spammed non stop, and make gunplay pointless in most situations.

I expect more from a game than just pressing a button to permanently nuke everything in a 100m radius, at no cost.

Edited by Robolaser

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

In the end of the day, abilities are the mechanical reason I enjoy Warframe, as opposed to gunplay. Given how vital abilities are to the gameplay, we should by all means be able to use them liberally. 

I like abilities too.  Funny thing is though, if I could use them a lot more often than I can already, it'd make most abilities less interesting to me, by and large.

I suppose part of what I like about  abilities is needing to use them strategically.

On 2018-11-22 at 11:07 PM, Robolaser said:

No thanks. Abilites are already spammed non stop, and make gunplay pointless in most situations.

I expect more from a game than just pressing a button to permanently nuke everything in a 100m radius, at no cost.

the guyplay should not be the focus of that gameplay anyway; abilities should be.

On 2018-11-23 at 12:23 AM, TheRealShade said:

Ever heard of Zenurik and energy pads? Really I can make do with negative efficiency on some frames and be just fine. We really don't need any form of primed efficiency mods.

I knew someone would bring these up! the focus system is unreasonably cumbersome and expensive, so requiring it for something so basic doesn't make sense. pizzas take too long to fill your energy, during which you need to stand in one place, which is bad, and they also cost a ton of credits to make.

On 2018-11-23 at 12:28 AM, Tiltskillet said:

I like abilities too.  Funny thing is though, if I could use them a lot more often than I can already, it'd make most abilities less interesting to me, by and large.

I suppose part of what I like about  abilities is needing to use them strategically.

that.... is actually a valid point.

7 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

the guyplay should not be the focus of that gameplay anyway; abilities should be.

sais who? you?

i'd generally prefer for gunplay to take a bigger role then it does right now, because it's largely unimportant at the moment. You never even need to fire your guns. just saryn/volt/ember instakill half the map in one cast and move on. till you're in 100+ enemy level.

at low level the only weapons that are really used are stuff that has about as much effective aoe as embers WoF, barely anything can compete with staticor etc (which are a problem aswell imo, but thats another story) already. if anything i'd like to see way less access energy on all frames since you can already permaspam everything all the time outside of ESO where they literally disable your 4 if you use it too often in succession.

on that note there are also abilitys that i'd like to see buffed to actually be usuable at higher levels. many warframe abilitys, especially "1"'s, are simply "do a tiny amount of damage" well whoop di doo.

Edited by iHaku

2 minutes ago, iHaku said:

sais who? you?

i'd generally prefer for gunplay to take a bigger role then it does right now, because it's laregly unimportant at the moment. You never even need to fire your guns. just saryn/volt instakill half the map in one cast and move on. till you're in 100+ enemy level.

at low level the only weapons that are really used are stuff that has about as much effective aoe as embers WoF, barely anything can compete with staticor etc already. if anything i'd like to see way less access energy on all frames since you can already permaspam everything all the time outside of ESO where they literally disable your 4 if you use it too often in succession.

if I wanted gunplay to take a bigger role, I would go play Destiny or The Division. Warframe is entertaining because gunplay doesn't take a big role.

Just now, ZBanx said:

if I wanted gunplay to take a bigger role, I would go play Destiny or The Division. Warframe is entertaining because gunplay doesn't take a big role.

thats just your oppinion. i like it because of the movement options and the visual designs, the abilitys are just whatever to me.

2 minutes ago, iHaku said:

thats just your oppinion. i like it because of the movement options and the visual designs, the abilitys are just whatever to me.

reasons I like Warframe better than Destiny:

• the abilities are cooler
  • gunplay is less of a focus
  • farming is more deliberate
  • builds are more complex
  • fashion is more tenable
  • trading exists
  • the narrative is better thought out

in short, because it's more MMO and less shooter.

Il y a 3 heures, Robolaser a dit :

PRIMED UMBRALINTENSIFIED DUDE

On 2018-11-22 at 10:45 PM, ZBanx said:

Warframe abilities are this games single mechanical selling point over it's competitors. Other games which are similar in genre also have abilities, but their active abilities are dull compared to Warframe. In the end of the day, abilities are the mechanical reason I enjoy Warframe, as opposed to gunplay. Given how vital abilities are to the gameplay, we should by all means be able to use them liberally.

Despite this, the difficulty of balancing ability stats means we simply do not have the energy to cast abilities as often as we want. The main contention is the inability to simultaneously get high duration and high efficiency.

I'm here to propose two mods, and ask you to add one of the two to the game in order to remade this issue:

• primed streamline: 10 rank mod with +60% efficiency at max rank
  • primed Fleeting Expertise: a 10 rank mod with +7% efficiency per rank but only -2% duration per rank

with most of my power frames i run at 95% & do just fine. if you find your running out of energy maybe use another tactic like your operator, primary/secondary weapons or even your melee. theres also energy pads that also do wonders. the soul of the game is to be efficient with your arsenal. not spam wf abilities & expect a  consequence.  

I wouldn't mind an upgraded streamlined, stretch or continuity if they existed as umbral mods. Since it is supposed to be intended to not forma the umbral polarity and they are a set mod, it would help offset the powercreep. But a primed version of streamlined, stretch, or intensify? just no. (Umbral would be perfect)

Primed Streamline, if it were to happen, cant be just +5 levels to a normal one. It should be at most ~40% maxed, since effect of this statistic is non-linear and all, and it should consume significantly more mod points - like 18 or so maxed, so that fitting it without compromise is hard or impossible, to offset its effects.

More mods affecting efficiency should definitely happen: a drift-like with +15% (so I can retire R4 pair, these unfinished mods give me tickles), alternative corrupt mods sacrificing other power (i.e. range, strength, cast speed) and even non-power statistics (like health, or movement speed). It should always come with a significant compromise though!

As per your statement that focus of the game should be more on powers and less on gun/sword-play - it is just your opinion - and I strongly disagree: all aspects of the game should be balanced - movement, weapons, powers, team interactions - and "combined arms" approach should always be optimal, as opposed to singular reliance on specific weapons or powers. Granted, this balance is currently uneven across frames and scale levels, but I believe that should be addressed and instead of granting your wishes of godly powers. Speaking of which, just having relaxed efficiency-to-duration ratio will not fix the most problematic powers at all.

On 2018-11-23 at 5:45 AM, ZBanx said:

we should by all means be able to use them liberally

I can spam abilities all over the place, even on builds that only use 130% Efficiency.

Zenurik, Energize, Dethcube, Pizzas, Suda / Veil weapons, Hunter Adrenaline, and whatever I forgot,
Energy is kind of a non-issue later in the game (or at least, it can be, if you're willing to invest time / adapt).

As for newbies not being able to just utterly trivialise the early game
(and rejoicing upon finding ways to increase their ability usage), that's not a bad thing I dare say.

On 2018-11-23 at 5:45 AM, ZBanx said:

The main contention is the inability to simultaneously get high duration and high efficiency.

Narrow Minded is always an option if those are the only two stats you care about
(though with max Efficiency, I find low-ish Duration isn't a big problem usually, anyway).

Hek, you can get ~close enough to max Efficiency with just (Streamline and) a Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise,
that's a mere -40% Duration, Primed Continuity alone already pushes you into the positives (+15%)
and then you have Constitution and Augur Message if you don't want Narrow Minded's drawback.

Just because, could you give examples of Frames / builds you're having trouble with?

Edited by NinjaZeku

There's no need for a Primed Streamline. There is already a mod from the Derelect Vaults called Fleeting Expertise that, when combined with Streamline, allow you to cap out your Efficiency. You don't even need to max out Fleeting Expertise to do it, either.

Edited by Mandyrobin

Just gotta be inventive with your modding rage and some way to heal yourself works wonders on a lot of frames. People already complain enough about ability spam too and they're still implementing mods to help with energy like that new one for Seth cube works great !

Sorry, gotta disagree with you that such a thing is necessary. 

Unless it's an umbral (basically requiring fixed capacity that cannot be formad in) this would be too strong for most frames. 

Even then it should not go above 50% efficiency.

As we already have a efficiency cap of 75%. 

Having to have a fixed 16 capacity could work though, else everyone will be running at maxed efficiency. 

The game is fun cause there are limits present, would not be as much fun if everyone was spamming non stop. 

In a context where power creep is already such a problem, I have to disagree. Primed Streamline, if it follows the other primed mods footsteps, would arguably be the strongest mod in the game. I'd say it's even more OP than Blood rush. Primed Intensify would also be broken, but still not as bad as Primed Streamline.

Which Warframe do you have in mind when you say you're limited in your casts ?

I can't think off a single frame where I have to stop casting and wait for my energy to come back. If that happens it simply means I messed up my build, or I'm doing something wrong. I use Zenurik's Energizing dash, but don't like using energy pads in regular game play. I also don't have arcane Energize.

I couldn't play Mesa or Gara the way I do right now if I didn't have Energizing dash, but I don't really need it on plenty of other frames. Doing the ESO 10 times or a handful of Tridolon capture will give you enough focus to max out Energizing dash.

On 2018-11-23 at 8:02 AM, Cephalycion said:

You're almost talking like as if the vets didnt have enough tools to trivialise any and all content in the game already.

:thinking:

Just make end game content with boss immune to most powers or disable abilities in the first place 4head