General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Spelunker bug vol.2 - The return of the Spelunkers

Xorxe

So after yesterdays hotfix I log to Vallis, and my Spelunker challenge is still 29/30. But I saw that one cave icon is missing. I went there, thinking, finaly!, but no. After re-discovering this cave I still have no update for challenge. Later I'll try and visit all the caves, again..., but as of now the challenge is still no go. Its cool that you fix the main bug, but what should players that messed their progres do? And number of players with broken challenge will be huge, because most of us play this co-op game in, you know, co-op?

I can only assume the fix for the achievement prevents the bug for people who had yet to run into it; for those of us who have run already run into the bug though...

It doesn't seem to be an extremely easy problem to tackle. If DE doesn't have record of what caves were discovered by a player playing as a client before U24.1.0, the best solution my mind can come up with is to reset the internal value for whether a cave is explored or not for all players who have not completed the achievement, while ideally keeping all the previously discovered caves visible on the map. This would require the players to visit all the caves again, but the players that want the achievement probably won't mind, and the other players probably won't care. If such a change doesn't happen soon however, there is a higher chance of resetting the progress of someone who did NOT encounter the bug but wants the achievement (a chance that already exists).