Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rooms not properly 'sharing' child components correctly in the dojo

CaptainJLP

I'm having a complete overhaul of my dojo and I ran into a very 'slight' problem, and the game doesn't properly recognize it.

In my dojo I recently built two new elevators, one to replace an old elevator, and one elevator to go down (irrelevant to this topic and should probably not even consider it). Now that the new elevator to replace the old elevator is place, I can't delete the old one, yet I can still delete the new elevator. As confusing as this sounds, here are some images to make sense of the situation, the old elevator being the thing that should get deleted but will not due to child components, that it shares with the new elevator.

Spoiler

Warframe2862.png

Warframe2863.png

Now that you have seen where they are positioned, it's quite obvious I should be able to delete both as long as one is still up and not just the new elevator.

Messages that pop up for both elevators destruction:

Spoiler

Warframe2865.jpg

Warframe2866.jpg

And yes both elevators are built, they both have custom messages, only the old one has been poly-chromed, none of them are in state of destruction.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by CaptainJLP

7 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

Any help would be appreciated.

Your images are not working.

If its calling a child component you have to destroy everything that is attached to it (top floor perhaps?). The new elevator will not be relevant to this at all. You likely have to destroy the room it is attach to, and the new elevator.

Edited by krc473

29 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Your images are not working.

If its calling a child component you have to destroy everything that is attached to it (top floor perhaps?). The new elevator will not be relevant to this at all. You likely have to destroy the room it is attach to, and the new elevator.

Yes and that's the problem, because both elevators do the same thing, they both are connected to the child components on the top floor, except the game only recognizes the old one, and not  the new one. And whats this about my images?

Edit: With that being said I will change the title to better correspond with this.

Edited by CaptainJLP

12 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

Edit: With that being said I will change the title to better correspond with this.

Here is a picture:

Spoiler

unknown.png

They are just codes. You have to upload to imgur (fairly useless), or other sites to share images properly. I have found that Discord works the best.

Child components are a complete nightmare. It is possible that you will have to remove the entire floor it is connected to if you want to remove the elevator.

Edited by krc473

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Here is a picture:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

They are just codes. You have to upload to imgur (fairly useless), or other sites to share images properly. I have found that Discord works the best.

Child components are a complete nightmare. It is possible that you will have to remove the entire floor it is connected to if you want to remove the elevator.

Sure, The point I'm making is that rooms should adapt to new rooms being added around them, I.e both the elevators should share the same child components in this example.

That shouldn't be happening with the images btw, weird.

Should be fixed now, changed all to discord images.

Edited by CaptainJLP

3 minutes ago, CaptainJLP said:

I.e both the elevators should share the same child components in this example.

Oh, I completely agree. This is the logical way for stuff to behave. Some with all rooms, if its not actually supporting said "child rooms" it should be removable. However, this is not how it works. Why this is I do not know. DE really has to update dojos a little. This kind of thing has always been an issue.

As for the image issue. Did you put them on imgur? That site has so many issues it is not worth using. So many people seem to have "broken" images because they are on imgur.

Edited by krc473

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Oh, I completely agree. This is the logical way for stuff to behave. Some with all rooms, if its not actually supporting said "child rooms" it should be removable. However, this is not how it works. Why this is I do not know. DE really has to update dojos a little. This kind of thing has always been an issue.

Yeah, Sorry bout the images at start, BBC code has failed me it seems.

Edited by CaptainJLP

If not, I might be able to fix it with support idk. But I guess this is enough for now, the elevator isn't my biggest problem right now, so I will wait.

Wait and see if someone notices, it. soon...
Soon when tonkor grenades don't bounce off of enemies

And when Infested salvage isn't eye cancer at all times. 😞

Edited by CaptainJLP