Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna on consoles

(PSN)Cargan2016

Question

Ok Pc has had it about 2 weeks now and I was just wondering if we have gotten any hints or even rough ETA on it at least hitting Cert yet.  I have been looking forward to it a fair ammount and with all the stuff ive had happen lately upto and including the headphone jack on pc going out not had a chance to keep up with streams.  I already know the whole its ready when its ready and im ok with it.  still have plenty to do just curious as to a general idea when can hope to see it

3 minutes ago, Dhrekr said:

No.

I'd estimate it's going to need at least one month, though.

Ehh figures not that it makes much difference but sometimes wish they wouldn't leave us in dark as much as they do on update estimates. I will still support them either way though heck i still bought the last prime vault pack depite already having both frames already because it got me one of prime weapons I had been missing and got me more than enough plat to buy the remaining 5 and give few gifts to friends.

Just now, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

but sometimes wish they wouldn't leave us in dark as much as they do on update estimates

What can we do. They are trying to do it as fast as they can given their thin resources (DE is a very small indie studio), and they will let us know as soon as they can.

It is a little bit like PC updates. We got confirmation of Fortuna two weeks we received it, and we got a precise date like the same week as it releases.

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

What can we do. They are trying to do it as fast as they can given their thin resources (DE is a very small indie studio), and they will let us know as soon as they can.

It is a little bit like PC updates. We got confirmation of Fortuna two weeks we received it, and we got a precise date like the same week as it releases.

yeah I know they do what they can with resources they have and do an amazing job of it and they have gotten lots of support from me over years probably close to 3 grand from me personally over the life of game.  biggest disappointment in that for me is i cant play with my excal prime anymore because ive long ago forgotten login info to my pc account and forgotten what email its linked to so cant even hope to start and try and recover the info for it threw email.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

i cant play with my excal prime anymore because ive long ago forgotten login info to my pc account and forgotten what email its linked to so cant even hope to start and try and recover the info for it threw email.

Wow that sucks for you 😞

1 hour ago, Dhrekr said:

DE is indie, but they are far from small

A small indie studio would be the size of DE's community management team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

Ok Pc has had it about 2 weeks now and I was just wondering if we have gotten any hints or even rough ETA on it at least hitting Cert yet.  I have been looking forward to it a fair ammount and with all the stuff ive had happen lately upto and including the headphone jack on pc going out not had a chance to keep up with streams.  I already know the whole its ready when its ready and im ok with it.  still have plenty to do just curious as to a general idea when can hope to see it

Pshhh...TENNOGEN 14 ON CONSOLES WHEN????

Fortuna...it happens when it happens...let them optimize so consoles don’t puke trying to run it.

My guess is by Christmas Eve at the latest or in conjunction with Mesa Prime.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

Actually they have just as many people as Bethesda. Nothing small or indie about Digital Extremes.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Actually they have just as many people as Bethesda. Nothing small or indie about Digital Extremes.

Bethesda has about 400. DE has about 140. And the actual numbers of those doing dev things is a lot lower for both. I imagine they had a small DE sized group on fallout 76 and everyone else is on starfield and elder scrolls.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

According to the wiki, DE has less than 200 people - that is small. Saying "this other company is also small" doesn't diminish it.

Also, Bethesda has around 400 people, according to the wiki. It does not have "just as many people" unless you are so drunk that you see double 😉

• Like 1

What we see on the forums ( and I would include myself on that group ) is just the vocal minority, who feel themselves left out often to watch and read about others playing new content instead of experiencing it for ourselves, to the point that when it reaches us it already feels old and far from the initial excitement of experiencing something fresh and new.

Personally, I doubt it that the majority of the console player base really cares about the delays on the updates.

As long as that remains the case, there is little incentive for DE to actually work towards reducing that time window. Grouping multiple patches into one single update Is just more efficient for DE ( cost & effort ).

I do think that this is going to be a major focus in the future if and when they embrace cross play / cross platform, especially taking mobility into consideration, as it is the case with Switch ( same users on PC and Switch will want to be playing the same account eventually, and if that player base grows enough .. it may be the incentive we need ).

That said, people justifying DE's decisions based on them being "small poor indie studio" probably aren't aware that DE is *very* far from that description. They aren't a big power house, but calling them small and poor.. seriously, that's really not the case.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

When it hits it will, as always, be the "let's get this over with" sentiment.. and de went out big time when it comes to promoting the update, literally everything is spoiled everywhere, non of any news feeds doesn't have fortuna in it.

that's why you gotta turtle up and avoid social media for a while. it's what I do, and you can use that time on other things. there's a whole world outside the screen for you.

we'll likely see it in early/mid December, DE will be trying to push it out before the holidays, though this also means that if any bugs slipped through the net, they won't be fixed for a couple weeks as DE will be out of the office (and likely drunk on Eggnog), so January 2019 is when we'll start seeing things come together.

My bet is mid to late december.

Optimizing it is no small feat, add in all the bugs discovered on PC that they need to fix. Now add the cert process time (to ensure it doesn't brick consoles or pull a Fallout 76 & delete your warframe install).

So it'll be awhile...but if you to play a rush job fortuna there is always Fallout 76.

Edit:

My tone sounded harsh in the above post. I'm speaking calmly on the topic. No venom.

Just after playing FO76 I've REALLY come to appreciate DE's hard work on console updates significantly more than ever before.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

We console players are just screwed.. and this is the only game I've ever felt this way in my gaming history.

How sad for you. Gta5 was on consoles 2 years before PC. Red dead likely just as long. That's what happens when your system of choice is not the focus. It happens.

Edited by Firetempest

4 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

How sad for you. Gta5 was on consoles 2 years before PC. Red dead likely just as long. That's what happens when your system of choice is not the focus. It happens.

In my opinion Switch delayed it for us console plebs, what I remember plains of eidolon was much faster released... You need to keep interest in a game like this, delaying the release is not good in my opinion, thats my 2 cents regarding this. 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's beyond me that this update didn't have the utmost urgency like the sacrifice did.. Xbox even gave out free plat in preparation for the update.. they started way to late to build on the console version.. it's DE's fault here, no one else's.. it's also not their first open world, so .. and as long as they don't increase staff on the console team, it'll get worse with the switch release.. (heck, Xbox and sony even host their events etc.) So,.. 

Yeaaaah...not so much.   Optimization, fixes, and certification for the most advanced update ever.  Brakes engaged on the Hyperbole train.

These comments make me sad...

If DE said F it & released it. Then consoles were plagued with crashes, bricks, authentication errors, bugs, progression stoppers, & etc.

Man these forums would be equal to rioting in the streets.

Ever major update across various games I play there is a thread of folks saying they don't care about the bugs & issues just give them the content "NOW!!!!"

Then...their console bricks. Time for a new one. Then it's all "(Company name here)'s fault my console is broke. I can't play anything! Gotta get a new console/Had to reformat my console! How could (company) release a patch like this?!"

Or it gets release half asked like FO76 & we've all seen the press that generates.

Patience is key folks. I personally enjoy playing the updates without the BS that PC streamers & players experience. I like not being hit crashes & etc.

On a minor tangent...

It's seriously sad that DE's 140/170(I forgot how many actuslly do game stuff) people make better content than Bethesda...

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

40 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

And that's the freaking reason I'm so impatient and annoyed. Builds are already made, farming spots discovered, MR fodder has been sorted out and there's nothing new anymore on the update. When it hits it will, as always, be the "let's get this over with" sentiment..

And de went out big time when it comes to promoting the update, literally everything is spoiled everywhere, non of any news feeds doesn't have fortuna in it. YouTubers that have nothing to do with the game suddenly became something like partners and upload Warframe content.

We console players are just screwed.. and this is the only game I've ever felt this way in my gaming history.

Edit: just refreshed Google news and guess what's up on the top.. it's rather annoying.

I agree with you man.

Why not delay the release on pc so that it gets out at the same time as Console? Why not release the game for cert, then when u know the given dates for both Xbox and Ps4 release the game simultaneously for PC?

I had to stop watch my favourite streamers because of this and at the same time you get drops for console looking at players playing Fortuna, that sucked imo. With a game now this big and with running in on different platforms I think we should demand release at the same time. It shouldnt be any other way, if you wait for cert prolong the release for PC so that it coincides with the consoles platforms and their release.

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

3 hours ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

I already know the whole its ready when its ready and im ok with it.

Doesn't look like it. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Deadwood_Lane said:

Why not delay the release on pc so that it gets out at the same time as Console? Why not release the game for cert, then when u know the given dates for both Xbox and Ps4 release the game simultaneously for PC?

For a pretty simple reason: they can fix stuff that's going wrong on PC faster than they can on console. And until they can get to a comfortable place, it doesn't make a lick of sense to try and push out the console builds, only to have to do that many more patches later on. 

Yes, we would all like to be able to play it. But that's the point, if we have it, it's going to need to be actually playable. You see? 

No mans sky updates. same day as pc      Overwatch same day as pc   Path of exile within a week of PC   Elite dangerous same day as pc     Hitman 2 same day as pc . i COULD keep going with how various devs do updates the same day and date as pc. Smaller studios like IO can and Hello games with NMS and such. Warframe is my only ps4 game where the updates are so much later than pc. I think it is more of a lack of them wanting to do it day and date with pc or a lack of caring as much about the console player base to be honest.