Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Again, so how exactly does status on shotguns work?

Lazframe

Question

I've rolled this Detron Riven 

xGE4EzS.jpg

(+81.9% Status Chance)

and was now wondering if it could lead me to having 100% status on my mara detron. Here comes the problem: On the wikia it says that it has 7 pellets with 5.36% status each. I've applied the formula for status chance per pellet I found there, after applying this mod and all dual stats mods with 135% status before multishot and I get a result of like 3.14% status per pellet wich is $&*&*#(%&ed since it's lower than without mods (according to the wikia).

So I just either suck at math or I'm getting something wrong here.

Someone also told me that it doesn't matter and that you just have to see if your weapon shows 100% status before applying multishot. Is that true? Is that enough? Halp, I'm a noob.

Edited by SeRialPiXel

10 answers to this question

Can you tell what amount of status your riven has? The image link is broken on my end.

Status does not really calculate easy though. Its all based on chance calculations. so a shotgun with 80% status chance has a 80% chance that 1/x pellets is going to hit a status. So a increase in status is going to scale weirdly on a status/pellet level

Definitely not backwards though.

This is how you calculate status / pellet with 99% status chance and 12 innate pellets (Kohm)

LkFbrRQ.png?1

formula:

1-(1-status chance)^(1/innate pellet count)

The status chance is simply what the game tells you without having multishot on there as multishot actually has NO effect on per pellet status.

Edited by Airwolfen

In practice what you really need to know is that if your pellet shotgun cannot reach 100% status chance before applying multishot, building for status probably isn't worth it. However this doesn't apply on guns like Arca Plasmor or Astilla that shoot a single slug. If you are interested in the more accurate maths behind the shotgun status, Wiki might have some info on it.

Edited by Wyrmius_Prime

37 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Can you tell what amount of status your riven has? The image link is broken on my end.

Status does not really calculate easy though. Its all based on chance calculations. so a shotgun with 80% status chance has a 80% chance that 1/x pellets is going to hit a status. So a increase in status is going to scale weirdly on a status/pellet level

Definitely not backwards though.

81.9%

Sorry dunno why the link didn't work

Also keep in mind that sometimes a build not reaching 100% before MS can outperform a true 100% build.

I'm particularly speaking of an anti-armor corrosive setup. In some cases you will find that stripping all armor isn't desirable as it will leave you with your corrosive damage against flesh. So in some cases you might wanna settle on 100% status on paper (with MS) so that you do as many procs as you can but not too many.

It all depends on the weapon and how many mod slots you have free for actual damage mods after applying utility mods like punch through and reload etc. and your riven, if any. For example, with my corrosive Kohm loadout I went below true 100% because it simply outperforms the latter, but of course I went true 100% for the slash loadout.

Edited by DarthKadra

11 minutes ago, SeRialPiXel said:

81.9%

Sorry dunno why the link didn't work

With that riven, Add 3 60/60 mods and you cap out at 100% (you cant go over cap fyi)

So at that point the calculation is

1-(1-1)^(1/7)=1

so 100% per pellet. How did you calculate it?

Edited by Airwolfen

30%
100 / 30 == 3.3333
334% (+234%) Status needed to reach 100

32%
100 / 32 == 3.125
313% (+213%) Status needed to reach 100

so if your Riven gives 81.9%, for Mara Detron to reach 100%...
213 - 81.9 == 131.1
131.1 / 60 == 2.185

you need three Status Elementals to reach 100.

ofcourse, that assumes you even need to reach 100%. note that if you aren't using any Status Effects that stack, you don't even really need 100% and you can retain some more Damage (and Damage weighting) while not really losing anything. so you could have two Status Elementals and still have plenty if you were going to have say, Rad+Viral. you could use that as an opportunity to get some more Damage, via using a full Ice/Toxin Mod rather than a Status one, or using Primed Heated Charge(though you might struggle a bit to apply Viral in a timely manner doing that), Et Cetera.

if you're using Status Effects that stack though (Slash, Gas/Toxin, Corrosive, Electricity) or Status Effects that reapplying it can be useful in Combat (Impact, Ice, sometimes Magnetic), then having Status pushed higher can be of use. whether that be to stack an Effect on a single Enemy, apply it to a group more quickly, Et Cetera.

you can also calculate it forwards via the aforementioned Multi-Shot Formula for values lower than 100 or if you just prefer it that way. if the second number you got was lower than the first, were you plugging in the estimated Chance per Pellet into the Multi-Shot Formula? the Status Chance Stat is what you work with, the estimated Chance per Pellet is just for academic understanding. :)

Edited by taiiat