Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna Questions and statements

RedToothKaki

Now that Fortuna has been here for a minute, a lot of players have already burnt through most or all of its content and I have a few questions regarding Fortuna and Orb Vallis's future.

1. At the beginning of this year, we were showed a new Teralyst that would be in Orb Vallis. This new Teralyst was said to be able to fly and would be massive. (The rough drawing of this new Teralyst showed a warframe next to it, undoubtedly an ant next to the teralyst.). Will the community ever see this Teralyst in the open world content as the field boss it was meant to be?

- Note: The reason why this is my first question is because I personally was excited to try and fight it and see what little loot is obtainable from it AND because there has not been a single word spoken of this teralyst on dev streams or forums (as far as I know). That, and it seems like DE is shifting their focus on the Orbs (the giant spiders and yes Orb, there's two of them as far as I've seen in Orb vallis right now).

2. Speaking of spiders, it was said that with the second part of Fortuna's update we will.. basically be able to fight them and what not? Will there be new operator amps OR special operator amps designed for these spiders? Because in the last dev stream, it sounded like... not only did DE completely drop the new teralyst, but the Orbs in Orb vallis WILL be the new teralyst? And that whatever gear or whatever we have to most likely farm to build for, will be for these giant spiders and that, that is disappointing. (Also, I know DE said that they wanted the fight with the Orbs to be something... Unique, but the reason why I said "amps" is because I see no other way my, for some reason, 9 year old operator will be able to kill a Godzilla sized metal spider with the power of the void -- which also can't hurt anything with so much as steel toed boots on. -- speaking of which, when is my operator gonna have a birthday? I'm tired of pressing 5 to be a child, its been like 3 years and IT is still like 9 years old, tf bruh)

3. If these somewhat kinda but not really new spider field bosses become what is essentially the new teralyst for Orb Vallis, will tier 2 and 3 arcanes be shifted or copied over to them from the Eidolons?

4.Last but not least. We've seen these spider field bosses, The "Orbs", probably for the first time... early or mid last year. So its completely logical that you would introduce them first in this new open world content. And if I remember correctly, the Eidolon wasn't all pretty and polished on POE's release. So, is DE possibly making variants of the giant flying eidolon and testing it and ironing out all of those bugs BEFORE release? And just hadn't said anything of it yet? Things like, "how high will it fly in the Orb Vallis?", "Will there be special archwing weapons or 'attachments' or 'gear in the gear wheel' that we will be able to use in order to knock it out of the sky?", "how much bigger will the variants be?", " will our operators be able to use archwing in order to combat this massive sentient AND its even larger variants?", are questions that I would love to hear answers to, however.. at last, a year has past and still no word on this field boss. 

So, those are my questions.. aand yeah...

Edited by RedToothKaki

1. we don't know. 2. It will supposedly take more than shooty shooty amp or otherwise to hurt them, such as the many side objective hacks in the big bases that don't do anything yet and talk of luring it specifically. 3. We don't know. 4. We don't know.

Edited by Firetempest

20 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

1. At the beginning of this year, we were showed a new Teralyst that would be in Orb Vallis. This new Teralyst was said to be able to fly and would be massive. (The rough drawing of this new Teralyst showed a warframe next to it, undoubtedly an ant next to the teralyst.). Will the community ever see this Teralyst in the open world content as the field boss it was meant to be?

It makes no sense for an Eidolon to be at Orb Vallis. Many times in dev streams they spawn enemies just to demo them.

That flying Teralyst will probably be in a PoE or Railjack update if you ask me. As it's airborne...I expect it to hit after DE reworks Archwing (ala: Railjack)

22 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

2. Speaking of spiders, it was said that with the second part of Fortuna's update we will.. basically be able to fight them and what not? Will there be new operator amps OR special operator amps designed for these spiders? Because in the last dev stream, it sounded like... not only did DE completely drop the new teralyst, but the Orbs in Orb vallis WILL be the new teralyst? And that whatever gear or whatever we have to most likely farm to build for, will be for these giant spiders and that, that is disappointing. (Also, I know DE said that they wanted the fight with the Orbs to be something... Unique, but the reason why I said "amps" is because I see no other way my, for some reason, 9 year old operator will be able to kill a Godzilla sized metal spider with the power of the void -- which also can't hurt anything with so much as steel toed boots on. -- speaking of which, when is my operator gonna have a birthday? I'm tired of pressing 5 to be a child, its been like 3 years and IT is still like 9 years old, tf bruh)

So far DE has said very little. But I believe on a stream they said Operators won't be required. But they want each Orb to feel unique & require different strategies (unlike Eidolons).

24 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

3. If these somewhat kinda but not really new spider field bosses become what is essentially the new teralyst for Orb Vallis, will tier 2 and 3 arcanes be shifted or copied over to them from the Eidolons?

This is an extremely good question. I'm hoping for brand new Arcanes. Not a shift in arcanes. Cooing them over would be moot. As Eidolons will definitely be easier to kill & would remain the preferred farming method.

25 minutes ago, RedToothKaki said:

4.Last but not least. We've seen these spider field bosses, The "Orbs", probably for the first time... early or mid last year. So its completely logical that you would introduce them first in this new open world content. And if I remember correctly, the Eidolon wasn't all pretty and polished on POE's release. So, is DE possibly making variants of the giant flying eidolon and testing it and ironing out all of those bugs BEFORE release? And just hadn't said anything of it yet? Things like, "how high will it fly in the Orb Vallis?", "Will there be special archwing weapons or 'attachments' or 'gear in the gear wheel' that we will be able to use in order to knock it out of the sky?", "how much bigger will the variants be?", " will our operators be able to use archwing in order to combat this massive sentient AND its even larger variants?", are questions that I would love to hear answers to, however.. at last, a year has past and still no word on this field boss. 

I'm 100% ok with DE fine tuning the encounters. If anyone remembers the drama & horror from Eidolon bugs then they too should be ok with waiting.

Man, this community needs to chill. 1 moment it resents DE for all the buggy content. The next it demands buggy content.

I personally hated the Eidolon bugs. (Launching it into space, no loot, loot under the world & not being vaccuumed, Volmvalysts spawning under the world/inside terrain where they can't be hit & healing the Eidolon to full) etc.

Also, adding them later gives players something to look forward too vs 1 big drop then nothing for a extended period of time.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

It makes no sense for an Eidolon to be at Orb Vallis. Many times in dev streams they spawn enemies just to demo them.

It was already confirmed that there's going to be one for each planet. My biggest worry on this topic is, will it be the original one? Or will the Orbs take that spot? And in all honesty, the Orbs are pretty huge as is and I'm guessing with what they're doing with the Orbs, they might be the place holder and it would make sense lore wise.

Note - it wouldn't make sense what so ever if the originally "New" Teralyst was apart of the railjack thing or POE. Like... At all... maybe if the open world was on Eris (which i'm still hoping I live to see the day) but a Teralyst.. In railjack -- no lol. And in POE? That's the Eidolon's domain, having a second teralyst there would be the end of warframe.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

As it's airborne...I expect it to hit after DE reworks Archwing (ala: Railjack)

I don't think archwing will be getting much of a rework lol. Possibly small tweaks here and there for when someone is out in an open world map. Mabye buffs/nerfs. But a whole rework, highly unlikely -- also what in god's name is "ala"?? I mean, i'm guessing you meant on the railjack update, but still xD. "At Later....Area?" idfk lmao

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I'm 100% ok with DE fine tuning the encounters. If anyone remembers the drama & horror from Eidolon bugs then they too should be ok with waiting.

Man, this community needs to chill. 1 moment it resents DE for all the buggy content. The next it demands buggy content.

I personally hated the Eidolon bugs. (Launching it into space, no loot, loot under the world & not being vaccuumed, Volmvalysts spawning under the world/inside terrain where they can't be hit & healing the Eidolon to full) etc.

Also, adding them later gives players something to look forward too vs 1 big drop then nothing for a extended period of time.

I agree with this completely. But, not once did I say things like "when are we getting--", "Is this out yet?", "How much longer?". I don't want to rush DE by no means, But I am however curious on whether or not... if this is what's going to happen or is this going to be a thing in the future? Ya know. I also don't want, (and I'm sure 99% of the community will agree with me on this) another content drought like the one we've been in this past year. Now, I don't mind waiting but, I do mind waiting too long for so little. We've seen this a few times already, right now, warframe's playerbase and player activity is false numbers. Even on twitch, which has become apart of warframe's backbone, all these suddenly new partners and streamers freaking out about having a lot of follows and subs -- all of it is essentially false numbers until another content drought hits and until Fortuna dies out like POE. And what I don't want is more cosmetics and tennogen during the drought. I log in to play, not to sit and stare. Tennogen has never been content, just a cosmetic satisfaction. Shooting a newly released squid human boss in the face to get a cutscene of lore and a special item or a rare mod that's also new -- that's content. BUT, however, DE has a grand opportunity with Fortuna. Lotta possibility. 

BUT! i'm just a tad bit curious on what's happening to a field boss that was shown so long ago -- which reminds me, anyone know if they're still working on those gigantic grineer ground digging robots that was suppose to be in poe? or was that trashed? .-.