Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Playerbase Sets My Bowels A'fire.

Solaurus

Nerfs happen all the time in games. Warframe is a game correct? Sure your favorite frame no longer has a "i w1n lulz" button, but that's for balance. When you buy a frame, just like a class in a different game, you are to expect it to be subject to change. Especially in a BETA. Vauban had a fishing net of unspeakable doom, a 1 that has better electrical damage than a frame based on electricity, a 3 that ragdolls enemies, and a 4 that essentially renders enemies null and void. Now because you can't hang all the enemies to dry like some goddamn pair of rain boots he's bad? Ember got  2 skills buffed and her 3 nerfed, An offensive frame had a skill that was better than all of the tank's defensive skills. Do you not see the problem with that? You say you quit warframe? No one cares. Literally no one will miss you. At all. The staff is doing a good job so far with balancing. (except for Necro's horrible kit) Please, spare me the diarrhea, and stop crying over keeping balance in a game. 

Edited by Solaurus

Aren't you supposed to be crusading for volt changes? Also ember was not buffed.

Took a break. And Ember's 1 got a buff (tested it and it can kill a Corpus Tech at level 57 in about 1-3 casts.) and her 2 got fixed and does way more damage. Also her Overheat does more damage.

Aren't you supposed to be crusading for volt changes? Also ember was not buffed.

You have to think about what is coming in the future. There is nothing wrong with making changes in preparation for another upcoming change.

In U10 there will be a massive armor rework overhaul and a elemental dmg overhaul. This means that the ember changes could easily still be viable. We won't know until it comes, so please stop screaming bloody murder at every little change.

I agree with OP 100%

Sorry, I should have phrased that as "buffed but still utterly worthless to equip."

Just because a frame can't kill an entire room with her 2 like Nova doesn't make her useless. Try using some skill instead of 1-4 and you'll see that all of these nerfs and buffs were for the better.

Yeah, the amount of irony is hilarious.

To be fair though, he was talking about buffs, not nerfs.

But yeah it's still funny.

OMG NO COMPLAIN GO AWAY BUT READ MY STUFF AND LIKE IT THEN GO AWAY OMG I HATE U

THIS IS MY OVERREACTING HAT

Edited by -Kittens-

Actually ember had a "DON'T RAPE ME" button... but sure, yea, four iterations of WoF of varying effective distances... totally buffed.

With that "DONT RAPE ME BRO" button, Ember could tank an entire room of Grineer while they all gently surrendered their manhood to her.

Yeah, the amount of irony is hilarious.

To be fair though, he was talking about buffs, not nerfs.

But yeah it's still funny.

OMG NO COMPLAIN GO AWAY BUT READ MY STUFF AND LIKE IT THEN GO AWAY OMG I HATE U

THIS IS MY OVERREACTING HAT

Wow, was this supposed to be funny? Your comedy club that you frequent must suck. Anyway I was talking about how people cried about nerfs. If DE somehow buffed Volt to OP'ness than nerfed him, I wouldn't care as long as he was viable. Ember, Trinity, and Vauban are all viable.

You have to think about what is coming in the future. There is nothing wrong with making changes in preparation for another upcoming change.

In U10 there will be a massive armor rework overhaul and a elemental dmg overhaul. This means that the ember changes could easily still be viable. We won't know until it comes, so please stop screaming bloody murder at every little change.

I agree with OP 100%

The more tactful thing to do is roll out all the changes at once in an actually coherent and integrated package. Right now the metrics aren't really shaping up to be constructive in re re re re nerfbuffing in U10, when they can be rolled in after just as easily in a package a consumer is more likely to FAIRLY evaluate as a whole, rather than piecemeal which tends to cause the kind of fractured BLEAGHAGAJHSGAJSGJA response prevalent now.

Edited by -Kittens-

Nerfs happen all the time in games. Warframe is a game correct? Sure your favorite frame no longer has a "i w1n lulz" button, but that's for balance. When you buy a frame, just like a class in a different game, you are to expect it to be subject to change. Especially in a BETA. Vauban had a fishing net of unspeakable doom, a 1 that has better electrical damage than a frame based on electricity, a 3 that ragdolls enemies, and a 4 that essentially renders enemies null and void. Now because you can't hang all the enemies to dry like some goddamn pair of rain boots he's bad? Ember got  2 skills buffed and her 3 nerfed, An offensive frame had a skill that was better than all of the tank's defensive skills. Do you not see the problem with that? You say you quit warframe? No one cares. Literally no one will miss you. At all. The staff is doing a good job so far with balancing. (except for Necro's horrible kit) Please, spare me the diarrhea, and stop crying over keeping balance in a game. 

i agree that nerfs are bound to happen (especially in beta as you said). though i may not have been as agressive ._.

but i think of it this way: they'll keep quit in a week or two (or a month if they're annoying enough)

ember had damage buffs (though not much that i could tell in-game)

"Fireball: Fixed the damage-over-time (DOT) attaching to the target. Increased the damage amount and damage over time."

Wow, was this supposed to be funny? Your comedy club that you frequent must suck. Anyway I was talking about how people cried about nerfs. If DE somehow buffed Volt to OP'ness than nerfed him, I wouldn't care as long as he was viable. Ember, Trinity, and Vauban are all viable.

Oh no good sir, someone complaining about feedback in the feedback forum is some serious serious mother@(*()$ S#&$.

With that "DONT RAPE ME BRO" button, Ember could tank an entire room of Grineer while they all gently surrendered their manhood to her.

What level are you tanking at? Can't be past 35... She't not immune to knockdowns, and still need careful management so that you're not caught with your back on the floor just as Overheat wears off. = GANGBANG

What level are you tanking at? Can't be past 35... She't not immune to knockdowns, and still need careful management so that you're not caught with your back on the floor just as Overheat wears off. = GANGBANG

Not many enemies have inherent knockdown. Only faction that has alot really is the Grineer. Infested knockdowns are way too easy to dodge except for the rare WTF hitbox from ancients and Corpus have none except for the random Shockwave Moa. Also I tried this on Neptune so it may not be extremely high like in Void, but really, only planets with a really high level that pose a challenge are Pluto and T3 Void. (or high waves in defense.)

Edited by Solaurus

The more tactful thing to do is roll out all the changes at once in an actually coherent and integrated package. Right now the metrics aren't really shaping up to be constructive in re re re re nerfbuffing in U10, when they can be rolled in after just as easily in a package a consumer is more likely to FAIRLY evaluate as a whole, rather than piecemeal which tends to cause the kind of fractured BLEAGHAGAJHSGAJSGJA response prevalent now.

damnit, stop saying logical sentences i can't dispute because they're 100% correct.

anyways, yeah, releasing water from the Dam 50 gallons at a time instead of just all at once changes the scope of everything.

on topic - i agree, completely. even if we don't like a change, it's a change with making things for the better in mind. if this is not immediately apparent, this isn't any one sides' fault, the failure to present all changes at once from the Development side and the failure to see further than their hand on the Player side.

but the important part is to remember that all changes are trying something to see if it works. we don't need to yell for the feedback to be seen. we also don't need to say it a hundred times a day for it to be seen.

This too. DE needs to learn this, but it doesn't help that the playerbase immediately kicks up a fuss over balance.

guess what? most warframes don´t have an anti-knockdown button. hell, most of them don´t even have a damage reduction ability.

and you said "what level are you tanking at?", well, maybe he is not tanking (in other words, runing like an idiot around the place without paying attention), maybe he is using it smartly before a fight and being carefull. you know, how a person with common sense uses it

guess what? most warframes don´t have an anti-knockdown button. hell, most of them don´t even have a damage reduction ability.

and you said "what level are you tanking at?", well, maybe he is not tanking (in other words, runing like an idiot around the place without paying attention), maybe he is using it smartly before a fight and being carefull. you know, how a person with common sense uses it

What they DO have, though, is UTILITY buttons, which Ember does not have.

-All Four- of her buttons are Damage, Damage, Damage, Damage.

One of them has a very mild, weak damage resistance ontop of the "LOL MOAR DAMAGE".

Every other Warframe in the game has at least 1 non-damage ability, most of which are Defensive or Utility.

Ember is the 1-and-only Warframe lacking one.

The problem with this mentality and Ember is that "damage" is so....shallow. What does Fireblast do that WoF doesn't? Cost less Energy? lol. All you have as Ember is Fire Damage and Fire DoT. That's it. That's what ALL FOUR of her abilities do. One of them you throw, one of them you put on your body, one of them you smack the ground with a ridiculously tiny radius, and one of them you hit a random 3 nearby enemies during the duration of it.

It is very lame, boring, and lacking. She needs something more than Fire Damage.

What happens in U10 when they tweak resistances? They said they wanted some mobs to be resistant to somet hings. So, what Ember will be 100% useless against whatever is Fire-Resistant? Heck, even Volt has Speed and Barrier when you're fighting things Electricity doesn't work well against.

Edited by Xylia

Oh really?

Sounds like he's totally not tanking, and being very smart about it, using a lot of common sense.

The staff is doing a good job so far with balancing. (except for Necro's horrible kit)

While this fan-base can go overboard on some criticisms, their concerns about balance are completely justified.  This is a really fun game with a developer that is actually putting in effort, but balance has always been its weak spot.  There is not a single warframe in the game which has 4 useful powers at endgame.  Ninety percent of weapons in the game are clearly inferior to others.  There are dozens of utterly useless mods, and a handful which are vital to almost any build.  Enemies are either trivial or cheap (hooray for stun-lock!), but rarely challenging. 

Nothing has really been done to address any of those issues.  In many cases, DE actually seems to have given up entirely (declaring that they will probably use weapon tiers is one such instance).  If Warframe ever dies, it won't be because of a lack of content or variety; it will be because players just can't tolerate the balancing issues anymore.  DE needs to hurry up and start genuinely rectifying these problems; if another F2P co-op game ever does come out and nails the balancing, it might very well be too late for Warframe to save itself. 

While this fan-base can go overboard on some criticisms, their concerns about balance are completely justified.  This is a really fun game with a developer that is actually putting in effort, but balance has always been its weak spot.  There is not a single warframe in the game which has 4 useful powers at endgame.  Ninety percent of weapons in the game are clearly inferior to others.  There are dozens of utterly useless mods, and a handful which are vital to almost any build.  Enemies are either trivial or cheap (hooray for stun-lock!), but rarely challenging. 

Nothing has really been done to address any of those issues.  In many cases, DE actually seems to have given up entirely (declaring that they will probably use weapon tiers is one such instance).  If Warframe ever dies, it won't be because of a lack of content or variety; it will be because players just can't tolerate the balancing issues anymore.  DE needs to hurry up and start genuinely rectifying these problems; if another F2P co-op game ever does come out and nails the balancing, it might very well be too late for Warframe to save itself.

I think DE realizes this and is taking the first step with the armor rework. Of course more will have to be done, but this is just the first step.