Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Playerbase Sets My Bowels A'fire.

Solaurus

While this fan-base can go overboard on some criticisms, their concerns about balance are completely justified.  This is a really fun game with a developer that is actually putting in effort, but balance has always been its weak spot.  There is not a single warframe in the game which has 4 useful powers at endgame.  Ninety percent of weapons in the game are clearly inferior to others.  There are dozens of utterly useless mods, and a handful which are vital to almost any build.  Enemies are either trivial or cheap (hooray for stun-lock!), but rarely challenging. 

Nothing has really been done to address any of those issues.  In many cases, DE actually seems to have given up entirely (declaring that they will probably use weapon tiers is one such instance).  If Warframe ever dies, it won't be because of a lack of content or variety; it will be because players just can't tolerate the balancing issues anymore.  DE needs to hurry up and start genuinely rectifying these problems; if another F2P co-op game ever does come out and nails the balancing, it might very well be too late for Warframe to save itself. 

I agree almost entirely. The problem with the fan-base's criticisms is that there's a very prevalent knee-jerk reaction to anything remotely resembling a nerf. Balance, I've always believed, is about adding and subtracting on either side. This arbitrary 'limitation' to only allow buffs, while good on a superficial level, just becomes more trouble than its worth.

What was Ember's "lol i win" button? Surely you can't mean overheat, since it didn't made you win unless you used it in connection to using other abilities or still having to fight enemies manualy. Especialy since with Overheat you still got stunned, knocked over, pulled by Scorpions and harmed by toxic clouds. A "lol i win" button in my understanding would be any ability which clears rooms entirely, makes you unmovable object or kills bosses in one hit.

Also the two buffed skills you mean still seem barely usefull, since the first deals elemental damge and is still somewhat awkward to use, compared to most other 1 skills and the second still suffers from bad range, the requirement to be close to enemies with it, having hitreg issues and is also only dealing elemental damage.

Some people have pointed me towards the comming damage system 2.0 as if it's the holy grail of making the game more enjoyable, but corret me if i'm wrong here, but i remember Scott saying that a cornerstone of said new system is that instead of direct armor scaling that enemies are now going to have a more significant elemental resistance.

Which means all the buff to the damge of 2 abilities is currently more usefull than it will be in the new system, when many enemies are going to be even more unimpressed by these abilities.

Edited by Othergrunty

What was Ember's "lol i win" button? Surely you can't mean overheat, since it didn't made you win unless you used it in connection to using other abilities or still having to fight enemies manualy. Especialy since with Overheat you still got stunned, knocked over, pulled by Scorpions and harmed by toxic clouds. A "lol i win" button in my understanding would be any ability which clears rooms entirely, makes you unmovable object or kills bosses in one hit.

Also the two buffed skills you mean still seem barely usefull, since the first deals elemental damge and is still somewhat awkward to use, compared to most other 1 skills and the second still suffers from bad range, the requirement to be close to enemies with it, having hitreg issues and is also only dealing elemental damage.

Some people have pointed me towards the comming damage system 2.0 as if it's the holy grail of making the game more enjoyable, but corret me if i'm wrong here, but i remember Scott saying that a cornerstone of said new system is that instead of direct armor scaling that enemies are now going to have a more significant elemental resistance.

Which means all the buff to the damge of 2 abilities is currently more usefull than it will be in the new system, when many enemies are going to be even more unimpressed by these abilities.

Ember got to run around with 94% damage reduction. What the hell is the point of enemies doing anything resembling CC when you can only take 6% of the damage they deal anyway? None of the things you listed happen to me because I know what I'm doing and dont Leroy Jenkins into every mission. If I'm playing in Void with Ember, I maybe get knocked down once during the whole mission. If I play a Grineer mission, not one scorpion will even touch me with their dirty mitts. People think tht just because they can't stop everything from impeding them, it's not overpowered. You can not possibly sit there and think 94% damage reduction isn't much when Rhino, the real TANK, doesn't even have anything close to that. Even the damn healer had invincibility when Rhino got castrated a long time ago. Really this was all a matter of time.