Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exodia Arcanes

(XBOX)KayAitch

The Plague Star event gives a couple of zaw arcanes that add an effect to the weapon.

To get these arcanes and rank them up you have to:

- Beat the Haemocyte boss many times

- Buy 12 of them

- Mine a lot of rare gems

- Grind a lot of wisps

- Lots of fishing too

And in return you get an effect that, at max rank, gives you a somewhat meh weapon buff.

For instance, equip a Gram Prime or Paracsis and every slam attack (and they're heavies so Tempo Royal gives you that loads) knocks up/back enemies.

Meanwhile Exodia Contagion on a zaw gives you something between that and Titania's 1 for 4s but only after a slam that's also after a double jump.

I mean, you can pull that off fairly easily, but it just doesn't compare to a consistent buff like the Gram's on every slam, and aiming it is a pain. Jump+jump+aim+slam+race up to attack in timeframe kind of sucks.

Maybe this was balanced when the event first ran, but these arcanes are nowhere near worth the grind (relative to other arcanes, relative to other weapons, relative to investment).

Suggestion: these should be a bit easier to consistently use - air and slam attacks should just alwaysfire, regardless of jumps beforehand, allowing you to fire them off mid combos. This would then make these arcanes worthwhile.

The Exodias from Plague Star are able to be obtained specifically and through little more than Standing in the event. They don't require much beyond grinding so they don't really have super special effects.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

- Beat the Haemocyte boss many times

- Buy 12 of them

- Mine a lot of rare gems

- Grind a lot of wisps

- Lots of fishing too

The (fully cut and ready to use) gems and the wisps are bought with Standing. What fishing do you have to do?

12 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Many arcanes are useless and they doesnt have any sense by using them in the game exept Exodia Force.

Exodia Force doesn't use mods. The other two damaging arcanes we currently have (Exodia Contagion and Pax Seeker) do.

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The (fully cut and ready to use) gems and the wisps are bought with Standing. What fishing do you have to do?

Gems are bought with plat, not standing.

Side note: Gems and fish are tradeable.

Personally seeking, my main Zaw (a status overload riven Cyath) uses Exodia Force, but more for fashion than anything else.  It ain't dealing damage...  and to be frank i don't really need it to.  Of course, it would be nice if exodia force was more than a fashion statement.

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Agreed.

Many arcanes are useless and they doesnt have any sense by using them in the game exept Exodia Force.

All other Exodia arcanes are crap.

What? Exodia Force is trash.

Exodia Hunt is the best one you can use, especially on any Zaw that has slams on its stance combos.

Just now, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

What? Exodia Force is trash.

Maybe for u it is, but for me works the best, just u need to figured out how actually work on zaw.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Exodia Hunt is the best one you can use, especially on any Zaw that has slams on its stance combos.

Exodia Hunt is trash for me cuz I never use slam attacks, but maybe is the best for you.

Just now, AvPCelticPredator said:

Maybe for u it is, but for me works the best, just u need to figured out how actually work on zaw.

Exodia Hunt is trash for me cuz I never use slam attacks, but maybe is the best for you.

Exodia Force runs off of the base damage of the weapon. It is not influenced by mods or crits. The only way to boost the damage out of Exodia Force is to raise the combo multiplier of your melee attacks through repetitive action.

This is not a matter of opinion. It is a technicality discovered and playtested by many players of the game who have tried to find how to utilize Exodia Force for the better.

Unfortunately, Exodia Force is trash.

There is more to Exodia Hunt than meets the eye, and it is based on the core game mechanics via melee.

On slam, enemies are vacuumed towards your direction. However, this is not an immediate effect, you just need to have a slam attack to trigger the effect. You can slam and walk to a group of enemies and they will be stunned and vacuumed to your vicinity. Enemies affected by this are open to finishers. When you perform a finisher, you are in a period of invincibility frames which is based on the base attack speed of your weapon (not the attack speed stack boost from Berserker). You can perform multiple finishers to exploit I-frames to boost your survivability. Enemies open to finishers are also susceptible to increased damage.

From this one Exodia, you can CC enemies, open them to finishers, exploit I-frames. It is one of the best if not the best Exodia for your Zaws. I can understand some players not enjoying the use of it, but you can’t call it trash without knowing what the effect does and how its trigger can be extremely advantageous for yours and anyone’s gameplay.

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Mods? Which mods!? :shocked:

Mods in general.  Exodia Force does not factor in your mods when calculating damage, but Exodia Contagion and Pax Seeker do. (In fact, the recent business around Pax Seeker being overpowered was because it factored in mods twice)

No matter how much investment you put into your Zaw, your Exodia Force will only ever use your weapon's base damage for determine it's own damage.

49 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Exodia Hunt is trash for me cuz I never use slam attacks

Here's the thing... 

You don't *need* to perform a manual slam attack to trigger Exodia Hunt.

Many stances have attacks in their combos that count as slam - and trigger the Exodia. Most notably - the laughably easy Tempo Royale RMB combo. With enough attack speed, you're performing slams every second or even more frequently. With a decent enough build it turns Exodia Hunt zaws into meatgrinders, plain and simple. 

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The (fully cut and ready to use) gems and the wisps are bought with Standing.

You need 10 wisps (750 standing each, so 7500) and 3 gems (another 2250 standing) and the BP (500) for 10250. You need 12 of them, so 123000 standing, or roughly 123 have bosses with 452 of each of the pylaxis add-ins.

I'm not even sure that's possible in the week or so the event runs for.

10 hours ago, peterc3 said:

What fishing do you have to do?

Sorry, my confusion, these ones don't need fish.

8 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Goodness no. Contagion does stupid damage. A lot of sortie level enemies (bosses) die on it

Does it? It just seems to be a really short lived Titania's 1. Please share build/details.

8 hours ago, Reifnir said:

Many stances have attacks in their combos that count as slam - and trigger the Exodia. Most notably - the laughably easy Tempo Royale RMB combo. 

Yes, like I said originally weapons like the Gram Prime get an effect like this - an effect that takes a lot of grinding to attain, for free.

These just need to drop the double jump requirements and go straight to slams/air attacks.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, like I said originally weapons like the Gram Prime get an effect like this - an effect that takes a lot of grinding to attain, for free.

No, they don't. Gram and Paracesis just ragdoll enemies - away from you, for the most part. 

Hunt drags them to you from a considerable distance (and DE, perhaps it's time to fix that clearly bugged/placeholder way of how caught enemies almost moonwalk to you?) which makes rounding them up for the kill easier, not harder. 

Edited by Reifnir

11 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

No, they don't. Gram and Paracesis just ragdoll enemies - away from you, for the most part. 

Hunt drags them to you from a considerable distance

I mean similar level of effect, not exactly the same.

It's really the Plague Star ones I'm talking about here - Exoidia Hunt has a chance on every slam, Exodia Epidemic needs a double jump first. Hunt + Tempo Royal and you're getting the benefit all the time, while Epidemic ends up very situational - it can't be in a combo so you have to be looking down while also aiming with space to jump.

It all seems rather contraversial:

11 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Many arcanes are useless and they doesnt have any sense by using them in the game

9 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Exodia Force is trash

9 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Exodia Hunt is trash

They all probably need a buff, considering the insane standing and resources they cost.