Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thought the new login system was great. But nope

Vard

When the new login bonus started, i was on login day ~304 or so

I didnt realize it at the time, but i was  just a couple of days past a milestone where i could have gotten my dream weapon, Sigma and Octantis.

Before the new system i knew i was a over year away from getting it at day 700, but with this new login bonus, i was SO EXCITED! I kept thinking i was gonna get to choose it on day 350,

counting down the days until i got the ultimate sword and board. my FAVORITE melee weapon class. which before, had nothing but disappointingly ugly weapons (imo)

but now as a realize i wont be getting it at 350, and that i have to wait until day 500. I am absolutely heartbroken

because of the timing of the login bonus change, i was unluckily, though unintentionally shafted.

had the change come a few days sooner,  or had i missed a few logins, i would have gotten my dream weapon a little over a month ago, but because of awkward timing, i have to wait another 150 days.

I just gotta say that the new login system is a nice idea, but depending on the timing of where a player was when it started, can and does. feel absolutely terrible.

TL:DR    new login bonus started at a perfectly horrible point for me

EDIT: I am a huge idiot.
I was on day 498.

I get it tomorrow.

why the hell did i think i was on day 349

Edited by Vard
am stoopid

15 minutes ago, Vard said:

For Some, Too Late
For Others, Just in Time

There was nothing anyone could do about this except stop loggin' in and playing after the initial final release announcements were made before the update was dropped a little over a week later, I believe it was. System was bound to be unfair for some, but that's just how it had to be. No two ways around it, I'm afraid. At least, none that I could think of.

19 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

There's nothing I wouldn't give to be able to get Sigma and Octantis now(or to just take the weapons out of the login incentives altogether)

I personally feel that no login reward system should ever reward items nessicary for gameplay.

Weapons & Mods were very poor choices on DE. I still feel they made the wrong choice by keeping them in the system. They should have been removed, & I daresay become rewards from smallscale questlines that unlock with progression in the game.

Having them originally was a rookie mistake from what was an up & coming developer back in the day.

Much like a specific Prime frame whom DE has admitted wasn't the best decision to give away in a manner that can never be repeated. As they created a permanent vacuum for what is steadily becoming/rising to be 99% of playerbase.

Just now, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

I personally feel that no login reward system should ever reward items nessicary for gameplay.

Weapons & Mods were very poor choices on DE. I still feel they made the wrong choice by keeping them in the system. They should have been removed, & I daresay become rewards from smallscale questlines that unlock with progression in the game.

Having them originally was a rookie mistake from what was an up & coming developer back in the day.

Much like a specific Prime frame whom DE has admitted wasn't the best decision to give away in a manner that can never be repeated. As they created a permanent vacuum for what is steadily becoming/rising to be 99% of playerbase.

That's pretty much how I feel. I don't mind the login system giving rivens, or catalysts, or boosters(though none of these in a reliable manner), or even exclusive cosmetics, but I really don't like the login system gating weapons and things that actually change gameplay without a way to get them elsewhere. It's just a lot more boring than being able to grind for them like everything else. 

At most, I'd be okay with much shorter wait times. If someone is dedicated enough to play for hundreds of days, they probably don't need an incentive to log in more.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The weapons and mods behind the daily login system are, by no means, necessary to play the game or for any gameplay anywhere in the game.

3 hours ago, Vard said:

I didnt realize it at the time, but i was  just a couple of days past a milestone where i could have gotten my dream weapon, Sigma and Octantis.

Before the new system i knew i was a over year away from getting it at day 700, but with this new login bonus, i was SO EXCITED! I kept thinking i was gonna get to choose it on day 350,

counting down the days until i got the ultimate sword and board. my FAVORITE melee weapon class. which before, had nothing but disappointingly ugly weapons (imo)

but now as a realize i wont be getting it at 350, and that i have to wait until day 500. I am absolutely heartbroken

because of the timing of the login bonus change, i was unluckily, though unintentionally shafted.

had the change come a few days sooner,  or had i missed a few logins, i would have gotten my dream weapon a little over a month ago, but because of awkward timing, i have to wait another 150 days.

I just gotta say that the new login system is a nice idea, but depending on the timing of where a player was when it started, can and does. feel absolutely terrible.

so let me get this straight

you are upset at the new login system because

where you previously would get this "ultimate sword and board" by day 700

in the new system, you will now get this by day 500.

and you are mad...

Because I guess you can't have it now?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

4 weapons out of literally hundreds...

there is no gameplay that needs those weapons above all else and the primed mods, while nice, are in no way mandatory.

4 hours ago, peterc3 said:

The weapons and mods behind the daily login system are, by no means, necessary to play the game or for any gameplay anywhere in the game.

Prime Mods are considered nessicary for endgame builds are they not?

Yes you can claim that prime mods are optional, but that goes for all mods. Generally for the endgame builds Prime Mods become a staple.

The weapons are debatable. I'll admit that. The only real good ones are Zenistar & Sigma impo.

However the controversy & vitriol that the log in system stirs up is exactly why 99% of MMOs don't put items that are not cosmetic into their Veteran reward/log in rewards system.

Logically speaking it is a recipe for disaster. Hell just look at how this thread is slowly degrading.

I'll just say that useful or not. All items such as weapons, armor, etc should never be placed behind the rewards system.

As the day 1000 reward proves...it's more discouraging for players than it is encouraging.

12 hours ago, Vard said:

I'm mr 26 with no or maybe one log-in reward weapon in same ship as you,i will have to wait what 200 more days for next weapon choice?I really hoped they will at least make them tradeable now but nope.jpg

LZgvFbB.jpg
I went ingame to check,and i have at least one but still,second one is futher away than my log in days combined (if we do not count log in days before this log-in system,because i used to log in every day before that but it was not rewarded like today)

Edited by ---Merchant---

Thankfully that's a one time inconvenience as long as they are abandoning the login rewards system from this point forward. 

However if they EVER add any additional items to the rewards system then they have reintroduced the problem. As you are sure to have people who will just have just passed the applicable milestone and will feel cheated by the system. If they start to regularly add new items to the rewards pool then the login rewards system will itself become a deterrent to people logging in as those who don't want to wait half a year will gladly stop logging in for a week or two to avoid that fate. 

Which is why I suggested multiple times that the new login rewards system be changed over to a token system. Where you just get a "Cache Token" that you can redeem at a later date for your choice of reward. Which sidesteps both the players feeling cheated and the login rewards system ultimately functioning as a deterrent to people logging in. 

Again that assumes that they haven't decided to just abandon adding any additional login rewards. Which in itself would be very disappointing but considering all the whining I wouldn't blame them in the least. 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Thankfully that's a one time inconvenience as long as they are abandoning the login rewards system from this point forward. 

However if they EVER add any additional items to the rewards system then they have reintroduced the problem. As you are sure to have people who will just have just passed the applicable milestone and will feel cheated by the system. If they start to regularly add new items to the rewards pool then the login rewards system will itself become a deterrent to people logging in as those who don't want to wait half a year will gladly stop logging in for a week or two to avoid that fate. 

Which is why I suggested multiple times that the new login rewards system be changed over to a token system. Where you just get a "Cache Token" that you can redeem at a later date for your choice of reward. Which sidesteps both the players feeling cheated and the login rewards system ultimately functioning as a deterrent to people logging in. 

Again that assumes that they haven't decided to just abandon adding any additional login rewards. Which in itself would be very disappointing but considering all the whining I wouldn't blame them in the least. 

I undestand it feels good for devs to see people log in in to the game,especially for steam charts.
But cosmetics are more than enough for reward and It would be nice to see them reward players that actually play the game instead of players that log in and log off.

46 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

You are right, we should return to the old system. Not the one we had in the beginning of the year but the one we had in 2014, where you got ~1000 sentinel experience points or a grakata blueprint. You people are impossible to please. 

Hehe exactly! I don't understand these players. Daily rewards is better than nothing, it's not like it requires you do to anything but login and that's not even a daily requirement.

16 minutes ago, SaiTatter said:

, it's not like it requires you do to anything but login 

That is for some the whole problem.
I'd rather see no rewards at all,than to get some for not playing the game.
To get all current rewards i'd have to log in for what,4 years daily now? At that point I press F to doubt this game will be relevant.
I mean I wish it will be,but games simply get outdated,we are about to hit that 30mr and last thing will probably be infested open world.

But I can live with current/previous system,what about new player tho? No one gets as screwed by it as new players. (even tho i admit to be salty myself as veteran because older days do not count)

Then again,I would not care if rewards were costumes made of pure platinum that would be coolest in the game,but mods and weapons? Like c'mon.  

Edited by ---Merchant---

9 hours ago, Obviousclone said:

so let me get this straight

you are upset at the new login system because

where you previously would get this "ultimate sword and board" by day 700

in the new system, you will now get this by day 500.

and you are mad...

Because I guess you can't have it now?

if the update had happened 5 days sooner he would of had it now I just hit 301 and had option for it then

Imho it was a mistake to keep the reworked 1000 day log in reward system as a 1000 day login system. It would have been easy to add some 1000 day special cosmetic stuff like the armor set but otherwise not create a system that takes years to "complete".

Especially now that you're bound to pick the best weapons and other stuff first and that leaves you with the meh stuff to get after years of logging in instead of moving on to the evergreen stuff quicker.

4 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

Imho it was a mistake to keep the reworked 1000 day log in reward system as a 1000 day login system. It would have been easy to add some 1000 day special cosmetic stuff like the armor set but otherwise not create a system that takes years to "complete".

Especially now that you're bound to pick the best weapons and other stuff first and that leaves you with the meh stuff to get after years of logging in instead of moving on to the evergreen stuff quicker.

I think they should have completely reworked the rewards.

Like, keep it cosmetic, move the weapons, & mods into the game & encourage playing it.

But make a brand new set of cosmetics.

I really like FF14's system for vet rewards.

They keep it realistic. Instead of daily log ins its sub time. But purchasing 3 or 6 month subs automatically adds the time & hence can unlock the rewards.

I'd argue that Warframe could have benefited from something like that. But I admit I have no idea how to include it.

I just know (and it's probably why I'm so vocal) that I get to hear one of my coworkers cry & moan atleast once or twice a week about how many days he needs to log in for a prime mod.

To quote him:

"I have to wait over a year for a mod! Wtf can't I atleast farm it or buy it off Baro. I can't just log in and play. No I gotta log in every single day for over a year. I can't even buy it! [Expletive] that game!"

He travels a lot in his position so sometimes he loses a few days to s week of play time. So he feels cheated.

I guess I've grown bitter to his cries. While I do enjoy sending him "Howl all you want" memes. I admit its worn me ragged.

I told him it isn't really worth the drama. But *shrug* can't be helped.

I'm just glad he has no interest in the 1000 day reward...or I think I'd have to euthanize him for my own sanity.