A List of Simple Solutions for Leechers on Open World Bounties / Jobs.

MysticDragonMage

54 minutes ago, MysticDragonMage said:

but then we are back to these points ive already made before:

• leeching is intolerable in any game. anyone who leeches thus far does not deserve a solution that benefits themselves and people who are participating in the bounty. the people participating in the bounty do not deserve any fish, resources, or animals Leechers pick up because they did not pick a bounty to obtain those things.
  • loot sharing is inconsistent with how the game currently works.

You seem to be consistently missing my point.  

- Yes it is intolerable, and they don't deserve squat. 

- Yes loot sharing is inconsistent, but as of now you get nothing, and judging from the current trend DE isn't feeling much pressure to combat leechers at all anyway. So you can have inconsistent but existant sharing, or you can get squat while the leechers continue to do their thing. You could do something more combative, but why when there is a better solution? 

1 hour ago, MysticDragonMage said:

if you want something, you do it yourself. if a rare item drops somewhere, hope to some higher power or science that someone marks it so that you can pick it up yourself. if you want fish, you fish yourself. if you want to mine, you mine yourself. if you want to save animals, you save animals yourself. the only thing that should be shared is the completion rewards, which is completely different.

Actually you're kind of just saying the same thing over and over. Ill keep it short. All of this is how things should be, but how things "should" be is rarely the reality. Furthermore, all of these, as I keep saying, are how things are right now. They don't have to be true, not if any change is made. That's the point, any change has the potential to rewrite the landscape. 

Instead of saying this is how things are, or how they should be, define why. Otherwise this is not a discussion, just virtual scream-fest. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

- Yes loot sharing is inconsistent, but as of now you get nothing, and judging from the current trend DE isn't feeling much pressure to combat leechers at all anyway. So you can have inconsistent but existant sharing, or you can get squat while the leechers continue to do their thing. You could do something more combative, but why when there is a better solution? 

but this argument only applies if your solution is by definition "better", which varies per person. i personally dont think its any better and it will cause more harm than it would any good.

2 hours ago, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Instead of saying this is how things are, or how they should be, define why. Otherwise this is not a discussion, just virtual scream-fest.

things are the way they are because it prevents players from leeching more than they already are. it encourages cooperation and its fair for the entire team rather than just one person who wants all of the loot for little effort. if loot sharing were universal, there would be more AFKs because what is the point of searching for rare item drops if there is someone else to pick it up for them?

1 hour ago, MysticDragonMage said:

but this argument only applies if your solution is by definition "better", which varies per person. i personally dont think its any better and it will cause more harm than it would any good.

things are the way they are because it prevents players from leeching more than they already are. it encourages cooperation and its fair for the entire team rather than just one person who wants all of the loot for little effort. if loot sharing were universal, there would be more AFKs because what is the point of searching for rare item drops if there is someone else to pick it up for them?

Refer to my other posts as for the argument to why its better, and why its necessary. This solution is not ideal or perfect, and if the current system were so great no one would be complaining this much, or abusing this much. 

I may have been implying this as I go without clearly stating it, but I was applying this argument primarily to bounties. In fact it, if implemented, only really needs to go into bounties. Other missions don't seem to have this leecher problem. Take that a bit further, and have it apply only to some resources like fish/gems/etc, or less (this can be played with) and a solution that fits can be found. Items on the ground are a small example relatively of what would be impacted by loot sharing. And I'm pretty sure the current 2 min (i think) AFK timer would still apply after this change as it does now, so that would negate those people. It could even be decreased if necessary.

leecher joins your squad because he want to do something with your hands
if you all who cry here would really want to fight against them
you would start to form or join active player squads on recruiting chat
and report any1 who is leeching there
where in few weeks after ppl start to do that there would be less and less leechers on recruiting chat and you would do all your missions/bounties with pro-active players

BUT!
nah that is too much work to do you are too lazy for that
you want to do what you could do with someone else hands in this case with hands of DE
so in the end your ideas comes from same reason leechers exist in warframe

just so someone else do the job but you still get what you want
keep it up guys 😉

Archived