Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about a (Limbo) Stasis Augment that we can *all* enjoy?

Cascoath

Ask any Limbo player, and they'll tell you that while they understand the change to Stasis, it very much sucked the life and strategy out of their favorite Warframe. So with Limbo Deluxe on its way, my proposal is a Stasis Augment that:

1) Does not affect the projectiles of the rest of the team. It only affect's Limbo's projectiles.

2) Provides a damage buff based on the amount of time the projectiles are frozen.

This would allow a Limbo player to gets some more fun out of their Stasis, keeping the feel of Limbo that most people love (DIO cosplays all around), while also preventing the mechanic that was the main contentious point of this frame. An alternative to this is adding a toggle ability to Stasis that freezes your own projectiles (while leaving your teammates' projectiles unaffected), while creating an augment that gives the damage buff based on time frozen (so effectively the augment is simply the damage buff).

Either way, there's room enough here for a happy compromise between the different segments of the community about this frame.

Love ya, DE.

Top hats for everyone!

Edited by Cascoath

• kinetic gunfire and arbitrations during stasis is interesting, with so many obstruction and posiblities for chemical reactions allows us to talk here about how to improve STASIS.
  1. Agility & additional functions, companions lack pupose and meaning, atmospheric ability changes  & additional animations, sfx.
  • , the way that limbo moves through each of these modes would be a good mbo can have some supporting cards and gambling elements provided that he/she triggers his abilities / timming, and what he/she can do in and outside of the portal, the portal / rift should be the one to suck up items, or provide some vaccum to bullets via conversion to energy othersise it can fill up some new metter for melee and power attacks, i really think its a good idea that some warframes come with a free weapon or armor but that aint gonna happen for a while, resources are scattered in the game, ( for example octavias gun is mastery locked @ 12 ) 

I'm probably in a minority here, but I was never really interested in frozen projectiles in Stasis. Though I didn't start playing Limbo seriously until after his Prime was released and Stasis was changed, so I didn't get any real experience with it and that might be why.

That being said, I think it's a neat idea to create a compromise for those who love that sort of thing. Stasis is the only ability he has that doesn't currently have an augment, so I can see it as a possibility. More options is always good. 🙂

I have about 75 hours of Limbo gameplay. He's one of my favorites. 

That augment would be useless outside solo play since it's too slow and your allies will kill everything before it can be used. Even in solo play you can actually kill enemies faster by NOT preventing your projectiles from hitting them, especially if you just use the Rift Surge augment instead. 

It's a cool thematic flare but it is just not practical for a multiplayer game like this. 

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

On 2018-11-25 at 7:14 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I have about 75 hours of Limbo gameplay. He's one of my favorites. 

That augment would be useless outside solo play since it's too slow and your allies will kill everything before it can be used. Even in solo play you can actually kill enemies faster by NOT preventing your projectiles from hitting them, especially if you just use the Rift Surge augment instead. 

It's a cool thematic flare but it is just not practical for a multiplayer game like this. 

I've got 2493 hours on record in Warframe, with Limbo being used 49.4% of the time, and Limbo Prime being used 0.8% of the time. So, 1296 hours...? Chop off a bit for time on the Orbiter and such, actual combat time is still likely in the thousands. Point is, lots and lots of Limbo experience.

I get most of my kills with my melee. I used Stasis a lot when it froze projectiles in order to set up defensive traps with Azima, as its turret would match whatever plane you were currently while it fired. As such, I could set up a dozen of them at an Interception point, and let them loose if it started to get hacked while I was away at a different area. This is why I'd quite like an augment that both freezes your projectiles and makes released projectiles affect the normal plane; it'd allow for setting such traps with more than just the Azima.

Edited by ToolboxMotley
Returning post.

On 2018-11-24 at 12:01 AM, Cascoath said:

Ask any Limbo player, and they'll tell you that while they understand the change to Stasis, it very much sucked the life and strategy out of their favorite Warframe.

no. i STRONGLY disagree. it sucked out one of the most dumbest, stupidest game mechanic ever seen in a multiplayer game. preventing your teammates from using their damn weapon.  that's never going to feel like a good thing, and even i, as a huge limbo main, hated this with all my heart. i was even sad for my teammates when i was picking up Limbo because they would be forced to use their melee. that was heart shattering, by moment.

as for your augment, as long as only Limbo is affected... but you must understand that it will make your Limbo objectively, without an argument, worse than any other frame being in the cataclysm with you. "ho, let me align some bullets" your teammate ---> *shot the grineer, grineer is dead, goes to the next one* where you are still on your first operation... 

as long as you udnerstand that it won't make Limbo better, but that it will only serves to get more style/badass points, it's good.

Edited by mikakor

On 2018-11-23 at 9:01 PM, Cascoath said:

1) Does not affect the projectiles of the rest of the team. It only affect's Limbo's projectiles.

2) Provides a damage buff based on the amount of time the projectiles are frozen.

Thinly Veiled(pun) request to bring back the Cheeze method for "3-headshot Kill Aimglide" Riven Challenge.

On 2018-11-25 at 12:19 PM, mikakor said:

no. i STRONGLY disagree. it sucked out one of the most dumbest, stupidest game mechanic ever seen in a multiplayer game. preventing your teammates from using their damn weapon.  that's never going to feel like a good thing, and even i, as a huge limbo main, hated this with all my heart. i was even sad for my teammates when i was picking up Limbo because they would be forced to use their melee. that was heart shattering, by moment.

as for your augment, as long as only Limbo is affected... but you must understand that it will make your Limbo objectively, without an argument, worse than any other frame being in the cataclysm with you. "ho, let me align some bullets" your teammate ---> *shot the grineer, grineer is dead, goes to the next one* where you are still on your first operation... 

as long as you udnerstand that it won't make Limbo better, but that it will only serves to get more style/badass points, it's good.

Oh, I'm definitely glad that allies no longer have to endure it. I only ever used minimum-range Cataclysm because of that. I think most can agree that any augment to bring Stasis back needs to only affect Limbo himself.

There were a few different tricks to make good use of Stasis' projectile freezing that gave unique and useful functionality beyond just "looking cool". The Azima turrets were one trick, plus a few others. This is why I so deeply want an augment that brings back freezing as well as allows for the projectiles to hit both planes; Azima turrets matching your plane is likely a bug, but one that gave you a very interesting option when paired with old Stasis. Making plane-ignorance a feature of the augment would both remove the fear of the bug being patched out, as well as give that unique gameplay to many other weapons. It wouldn't be terribly useful in offensive situations, sure, but the defensive applications are very effective.

3 hours ago, ToolboxMotley said:

There were a few different tricks to make good use of Stasis' projectile freezing that gave unique and useful functionality beyond just "looking cool". The Azima turrets were one trick, plus a few others. This is why I so deeply want an augment that brings back freezing as well as allows for the projectiles to hit both planes; Azima turrets matching your plane is likely a bug, but one that gave you a very interesting option when paired with old Stasis. Making plane-ignorance a feature of the augment would both remove the fear of the bug being patched out, as well as give that unique gameplay to many other weapons. It wouldn't be terribly useful in offensive situations, sure, but the defensive applications are very effective.

honestly, if someone on youtube or here can come up with a build featuring said augment, that proves itself more, or as useful as what we have now, i say gg.

on top of that, if the augment DOES gives the ability to Limbo's cataclysm to allow bullets to go throught the two planes and still kill enemies, that is certianly going to give it an interesting taste that i'm all willing to see how it will goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ack, I got distracted and forgot about this post. But I will not give up the fight for Stasis!

What do you mean by coming up with a build for it? It'd be entirely theoretical, as we don't know whatever stats it'd end up having, and even if we did, I imagine it'd be something that could fit in a variety of builds, though Duration would likely be a big focus.

If it were to come back exactly as it was, with no damage boosts or extras like hitting things outside of the Rift, the uses would admittedly be mostly glitch-driven. The Azima turret trick, Mutalist Quanta bubbles acting as pseudo-Electric-Shields and status-effect-hotspots (I used this A LOT), and the old non-Limbo-main favorite of simply unlocking Rivens with it.

If they DID make Stasis'd projectiles affect the normal plane, HOO BOY! You'd end up with a one-shot version of what Vauban should have been, being able to set up traps for the purposes of Defense or Interception missions. You could make any weapon into the Castanas, to hit multiple places at once, such as Hive nodes to have fewer clouds to deal with. Or you could set up a nice, big alpha strike for the final phase of Eidolons.

What I personally miss most is the Mutalist Quanta functionality, as it was such a versatile weapon when you could actually keep the bubbles around. But just experimenting alone was a huge joy for me, and the prospect of blasting the Eidolon away in its final stage is exciting.

Edited by ToolboxMotley
Returning post.

Not sure what Limbo players you know but I do not want projectiles freezing to ever come back. I have been so confused as to why some Limbo players would want a feature like that to be an augment. The only thing I could see it being useful for is in captura. For it to even become an augment would be disappointing because there could be something more beneficial to add than something so useless like that.   

58 minutes ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

Not sure what Limbo players you know but I do not want projectiles freezing to ever come back. I have been so confused as to why some Limbo players would want a feature like that to be an augment. The only thing I could see it being useful for is in captura. For it to even become an augment would be disappointing because there could be something more beneficial to add than something so useless like that.   

I'd like it back...

for Limbo ONLY.

Of course having it back for all players would absolutely not help anything, and I will not support it.

14 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

Did you read any of my posts, or...?

4 hours ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

If I was responding to anything you wrote I would've quoted you. 

Your post said you didn't understand why anyone would want projectile-freezing to return, and that there would be no uses for it. Leads me to believe you skimmed the original post, at best, before voicing your opposition. I'm just wanting to convince people that it'd be a good idea to bring it back, with some tweaks, because I believe it'd be a great addition. People saying nay is an obvious obstacle to that, so I want to address concerns in order to get them on board.

2 minutes ago, ToolboxMotley said:

Your post said you didn't understand why anyone would want projectile-freezing to return, and that there would be no uses for it. Leads me to believe you skimmed the original post, at best, before voicing your opposition. I'm just wanting to convince people that it'd be a good idea to bring it back, with some tweaks, because I believe it'd be a great addition. People saying nay is an obvious obstacle to that, so I want to address concerns in order to get them on board.

I ensure you I have read everyone's comment before I posted. From what I have read, I do not see a justified reason as to why it should be implemented into an augment that would only affect the Limbo user. Augments are usually brought about due to an ability being a bit lack luster in a certain department. I understand the idea is for looks but that just seems to be a bit of a stretch when it could be more beneficial to bring about an augment for the masses of Limbo players. Also if there's anything that sucked the life at of Limbo, it's cataclysm and rift mode being wonky and allowing things from outside damaging things within the rift. 

30 minutes ago, KamikazeKamanzi said:

I understand the idea is for looks

What are your thoughts on the specific tricks I mentioned?

I certainly agree on wonky Rift mechanics being a problem, though. It happens with every content patch; Limbo is an afterthought for the developers, sadly, and new enemies and defense targets always ignore the Rift for a few months after release.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

15 minutes ago, ToolboxMotley said:

What are your thoughts on the specific tricks I mentioned?

I certainly agree on wonky Rift mechanics being a problem, though. It happens with every content patch; Limbo is an afterthought for the developers, sadly, and new enemies and defense targets always ignore the Rift for a few months after release.

The one about setting up the azima alt fire as a trap was a classic during the time of the stasis projectile freezing era but I was into setting up the zenistar at one location, cata on another and go all out with the staticor for the other two. 

I do like your thought about projectiles hitting both planes intentionally. It would be amazing since it would work like frosts snow globe but since cataclysm doesn't take damage that would be broken and other frame players will send a witch hunt for us complaining to DE how overpowered we are. 

Personally, I was never a fan of frozen projectiles, neither when playing Limbo, nor having an allied Limbo. I know that the mechanic was fun at times, so I can understand why some people who really enjoyed it would want it back. That said, I believe that a truly useful, all around team-oriented augment would be one that makes Limbo and his allies in the Rift Plane be sped up while stasis is activated, giving increases to reload speed, fire rate, attack speed etc.