Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Idea for Revenant, more Eidolon

(XBOX)DisGrl

You know what would be cool?

uh...me neither.

Actually, i think Revenants passive needs a little bit of a rework to feel more...er...Eidolon.

My ideas include:

-When revenant is bleeding out, he does something extremely similar to an energy spike, constantly emitting waves of energy that damage enemies.

You probably detected a prob, bob.

What do you do when solo?

- When Revenant dies, he goes into a stage similar to an eidolon after his (or hers) four joints are destroyed by a lananananka, preferably making the adorable little roars too. The energy spike effect remains, except for the fact that intead of the waves going out and growing, they are coming towards Revenant and shrinking, like the final stage of the Eidolon. These waves drain health from enemies and revive revenant, as to not waste your precious limited revives.

OR

Assuming Enthrall will get reworked; his enthralled enemies will rush to him, sacrificing their lives to help the poor guy out. They will basically assume the position of the Vomvalysts in the final stage of the Eidolon fight. When they finally reach him, they will disappear into a cool, like really cool effect that revives him. I think atleast three Enthralls will be required to revive him, so that Enthrall would not be completely useless.

So what do you guys think? I think that this will totally help the future of Revenant and his Eidolon Disco Awesomness.

Until the next post!

See ya!

2 minutes ago, (XB1)DisGrl said:

So what do you guys think?

I am not sure how useful it would be to have the pulsing waves. Some people might find it to be very annoying. The damage wont be anything useful at all; there will be no hope of you self reviving at high level.

Enthralled enemies running to Revenant to sacrifice themselves to revive sounds like a good idea.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

"I am not sure how useful it would be to have the pulsing waves. Some people might find it to be very annoying. The damage wont be anything useful at all"

Maybe less visual clutter than the real thing? Possibly have damage scale with power strength or just completely scrap the damage and replace it with the knocking down of enemies to make it easier for revives? I just want the better for revvy boi.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)DisGrl said:

Possibly have damage scale with power strength or just completely scrap the damage and replace it with the knocking down of enemies to make it easier for revives?

DE cannot make it too powerful. It would likely scale in the same way Inaros' passive does. You would need it to scale with Provoked. Now, Inaros has a single target, so this would have to be less powerful overall. At low level it would be fine, but in high level content you would just do nothing to them. Knockdown might be a more logical choice, but why would I revive you if you can just suppress the room full of enemies until you bleed out? It would need to be balanced in a way that promotes reviving Revenant, not letting them die for CC.

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

"...But why would I revive you if you can just suppress the room full of enemies until you bleed out? It would need to be balanced in a way that promotes reviving Revenant, not letting them die for CC."

True that, maybe just take out damage and knockdown and give enemies a generous magnetic and radiation debuff, now that I think about it, that would not be too bad; enemies could attack each other. People would not let rev die if enemies would not get knocked down. That seems better.

But then again, enemies do jack-diddly squat for damage against each other.

(Sorry if I sound sarcastic)^^

1 minute ago, (XB1)DisGrl said:

But then again, enemies do jack-diddly squat for damage against each other.

The benefit of this is that its a mild CC. They kind of shoot at each other, so its easier to revive. But there is little point letting it run for a long time. It is more important that they do not shoot the people reviving than killing other enemies. For me, this would work reasonably well. Its not totally useless, but not too powerful either. 

Perhaps combine this kind of thing with Thrall reviving? It would add some benefit to keeping the thralls.

12 minutes ago, krc473 said:

"Perhaps combine this kind of thing with Thrall reviving? It would add some benefit to keeping the thralls."

Maybe Thralls rushing to revive Rev have a chance to cause an enemy affected by Revs energy spike to explode (after Rev has been revived) into an AOE explosion that heals teammates or gives them a short health regeneration similar to Energizing Dash that scales in strength with power strength and duration with power duration. This will reward teammates that are giving a helping hand to Revenant.

(add what you said earlier about not letting him die for CC)

Edited by (XB1)DisGrl

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Eh, not a huge fan of a passive that’s restricted to use when you’re dead. 

And Trinity's passive is only useful when someone is bleeding out, yet here we are. Still a better idea than Revenants current passive that is only useful when your shields are down, and shields regen preeetty quickly.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)DisGrl said:

Maybe Thralls rushing to revive Rev have a chance to cause an enemy affected by Revs energy spike to explode (after Rev has been revived) into an AOE explosion that heals teammates or gives them a short health regeneration similar to Energizing Dash that scales in strength with power strength and duration with power duration. This will reward teammates that are giving a helping hand to Revenant.

(add what you said earlier about not letting him die for CC)

And/or make it so that when Rev is being revived, the Thralls that had just revived him turn into those projectiles that the Eidolons shoot into the air that turn into a flurry of homing missiles. Damage, again, scaling with strength.

I like the idea of thralls rushing to revive you. Maybe make it so they revive your allies too. This way I'll actually take the time to use Rev's nr1 ability to begin with. Still it sucks that your thralls can be killed so easily by everyone which is the reason I never enthrall anyone to begin with since it's so redundant....

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Rafahil said:

"Maybe make it so they revive your allies too.Still it sucks that your thralls can be killed so easily by everyone which is the reason I never enthrall anyone to begin with since it's so redundant...."

Hmmm, good idea! So as it stands, Enthrall is infact redundant as the enthralled enemies do die pretty quickly, how about...

Possible Enthrall rework:

Enthralled enemies have a chance to become a vomvalyst ghost form on death; these will still revive Revenant when he is downed, but do not attack enemies (Their color changes with the Revenants energy color to not confuse players with the real ones in the plains); enthralled enemies (that have not died) have a chance to create one of those projectile thingies that explode into a flurry of deadly homing missiles whose damage scales with the base health of the Thralled enemies averaged.

Passive:

Enthralled enemies will rush to Revenants aid, or his teammates aid if downed. When solo; Enthralled enemies rush to Revenants aid, sacrificing their lives to revive Revenant.

On 2018-11-24 at 3:02 PM, (XB1)DisGrl said:

You know what would be cool?

uh...me neither.

Actually, i think Revenants passive needs a little bit of a rework to feel more...er...Eidolon.

My ideas include:

-When revenant is bleeding out, he does something extremely similar to an energy spike, constantly emitting waves of energy that damage enemies.

You probably detected a prob, bob.

What do you do when solo?

- When Revenant dies, he goes into a stage similar to an eidolon after his (or hers) four joints are destroyed by a lananananka, preferably making the adorable little roars too. The energy spike effect remains, except for the fact that intead of the waves going out and growing, they are coming towards Revenant and shrinking, like the final stage of the Eidolon. These waves drain health from enemies and revive revenant, as to not waste your precious limited revives.

OR

Assuming Enthrall will get reworked; his enthralled enemies will rush to him, sacrificing their lives to help the poor guy out. They will basically assume the position of the Vomvalysts in the final stage of the Eidolon fight. When they finally reach him, they will disappear into a cool, like really cool effect that revives him. I think atleast three Enthralls will be required to revive him, so that Enthrall would not be completely useless.

So what do you guys think? I think that this will totally help the future of Revenant and his Eidolon Disco Awesomness.

Until the next post!

See ya!

I love the second idea- the first one not so much

DE plz add this