Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more Orokin!

LuLriel

We have Grineer clones, we have Corpus merchants. Both civilizations are based on Orokin society (more or less) as both of them were a product of it and use orokin tech to further their own agenda.

We have more or less normal "humans" (not sure if still homo sapiens sapiens or some offshoot) like Ostrons, Rail Agents, Tenno, Myconians and pretty much everyone not associating with the Corpus.

We have the Infestation, a virus that infects members of both Corpus & Grineer, as well as all other "humans" not classified as Corpus. They even have the "Ancients", humans that were infested when the Orokin were still around, thereby incorporating at least some parts of the ancient Orokin into their infested "hive".

Lastly, we have the Sentients as the last major faction and the only one that is not either actually human, "human" or the Grineer offshoot. It looks like they are about to invade the system once again, so we can assume that we will have to wage war with them and possibly even build alliances with Corpus/Grineer to be able to win.

I honestly cannot wait for the Tenno and their possibly big-mass-effect-style-alliance to race for some kind of ancient orokin super-weapon (like a tv remote but for sentients), but I am actually hoping for a slightly different outcome. What if we could have actual, living, breathing Orokin as a new faction in the Warframe universe introduced after the whole sentient thing is over? I mean we have only seen a single full Orokin (Ballas), 2 Orokin minds in the decaying grineer bodies (Queens) & my boi Tenshin Dax (he's not really Orokin as only the highest echolon was regarded as "true" Orokin but come on, he looks immortal and is golden). The corrupted do not really count as it is assumed that the *automatic* defense system of the orokin towers simply mindcontrols the various factions, so no real Orokin there. It would be really awesome if we somehow manage to find a stash of Orokin who froze themselves before the old war, assuming that the empire would lose and not knowing that the tenno kicked the Sentients (and the Orokins) butts. They could be a Syndicate, trying to get along in this strange new solar system and even accepting help from Tenno, or they could be a new major enemy faction that is smaller than the others but has an edge in technology. Just imagine some Dax bois storming the room you're in swat-style, with vastly better combat tactics/technology compared to Grineer/Corpus.

Maybe we could even incorporate them into the current storyline. What if those living Orokin are the "super-weapon"? Maybe they did not agree with the other Orokin but were still part of their society, just like Perrin Sequence & Corpus, and can share valuable strategies/tech to help against the evil robots. Another way if introducing them could be through through that "Unum" the Quills work for. If you disregard most of the esoteric stuff the Ostrons/Quills tell you and just assume that this mysterious entity is simply either an Orokin in transference (like the scientiest in the Titania quest) or something akin to a Cephalon trying its best to fulfill its ancient directive and prepare a habitable earth as a nice welcoming gift for it's sleeping masters it could be another cool way to introduce Orokin as a current faction instead of the bits and pieces that we have right now.

What are your thoughts?

tldr: MOAR living orokin pls

Edit: "Orokin" was used 19x in this post.

Edited by Uriel-S

I like it)
I always wanted to know more about Orokin, but if their faction appears in the game, together with the Dax it would be fine, in my opinion)

6 часов назад, Uriel-S сказал:

Just imagine some Dax bois storming the room you're in swat-style, with vastly better combat tactics/technology compared to Grineer/Corpus

:thumbup:

6 hours ago, Uriel-S said:

What are your thoughts?

all the other Orokin are dead. we killed them somehow. Ballas survived but I reckon he knew the Tenno were about to do something reckless at the Absolution Ceremony and high-tailed it out of there. we cannot bring back what's already dead and even if we could, why would you WANT them back? the Orokin were some of the most evil and biggest screw-ups the universe had ever seen; they treated everyone else as inferior beings while building cities made of gold and caring more about their own appearance than the empire they were supposed to be running. 

every faction is an Orokin mistake. it's a good thing they're gone and they need to stay gone. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

all the other Orokin are dead. we killed them somehow. Ballas survived but I reckon he knew the Tenno were about to do something reckless at the Absolution Ceremony and high-tailed it out of there. we cannot bring back what's already dead and even if we could, why would you WANT them back? the Orokin were some of the most evil and biggest screw-ups the universe had ever seen; they treated everyone else as inferior beings while building cities made of gold and caring more about their own appearance than the empire they were supposed to be running. 

every faction is an Orokin mistake. it's a good thing they're gone and they need to stay gone. 

we did not kill them all. there is an imprint from simaris that says grineer has accepted a high ranking orokin official into their ranks and the way it was mentioned, the orokin were all getting scattered across the system running away from the grineer rebellion and tenno betrayal. i mean it isnt illogical to expect a few of them succeed on hiding. 

and not every orokin was exactly horrible human beings. ballas clearly shows traits of being redeemable, and teshin pretty much threw his life away for us. as a not so wise man once said, i assume some of them are good people. 

23 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

we did not kill them all. there is an imprint from simaris that says grineer has accepted a high ranking orokin official into their ranks and the way it was mentioned, the orokin were all getting scattered across the system running away from the grineer rebellion and tenno betrayal. i mean it isnt illogical to expect a few of them succeed on hiding. 

and not every orokin was exactly horrible human beings. ballas clearly shows traits of being redeemable, and teshin pretty much threw his life away for us. as a not so wise man once said, i assume some of them are good people. 

This is interesting,  technically the Queens were Orokin before tranfering bodies, I don't remember when they stated cloning, but if it was before tranfering, technically all Grineer are poor versions of Orokin. 

But the 'Orokin faction' or corrupted from the void can still convert. I do think we need Ostron corrupted and Ostron infested as their are failed attempts at rescuing them,  and the plague star should start converting some. 

However,  Vor was still capable of self fulfilling desire retaining desire to aid the Queens,  at the same time convincing Grineer to willingly become corrupted to aid him. But only Corrupted Vor was still considered Grineer, and yet he is still not dead,  I assume he might assimilate into something similar to the man in the wall. Or even something far more sinister. 

Edit:  I do believe the void is still endgame it's a mysterious realm only the towers seem to able to contain in our world, but can we transfer deeper into it? 

Who knows how many solar systems Orokin destroyed before being defeated, Tenno are just as mysterious. Tenno have no backstory,  the adults were incapable of using the void,  why is our child state able to from this specific race?  Did someone from a destroyed system send us knowing this? 

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag