Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synth Charge 200% DMG doesn't function with Catchmoon.

DevMicco

This is a bug and need attention.

4 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I guess that's because the lowest potential magsize you can get on it is 5. Then, apparently, it doesn't matter if you build it with higher magazine, it's just hardcoded like that.

so negative mag rivens would not work with Vectis.

57 minutes ago, Peter said:

so negative mag rivens would not work with Vectis.

Huh? Those are two completely different things... I wasn't speaking of altering the magsizes with MODS, but rather about altering the magsizes via the crafting-components when making the Kitgun; Since there is a possibility to craft it so it has a magsize of 5 (and Synth Charge requires a magsize of 6 or more), it's likely the Catchmoon is then set to NEVER be allowed to use Synth Charge.

1 hour ago, Azamagon said:

Huh? Those are two completely different things... I wasn't speaking of altering the magsizes with MODS, but rather about altering the magsizes via the crafting-components when making the Kitgun; Since there is a possibility to craft it so it has a magsize of 5 (and Synth Charge requires a magsize of 6 or more), it's likely the Catchmoon is then set to NEVER be allowed to use Synth Charge.

It's probably because the Chamber is the actual weapon, the secondary and tertiary parts are just modifiers.

The Chamber doesn't have 6 itself, so it can't use the mod. Frankly though I don't really understand the limitation in the first place. Because weapons like the Knell or the Twin Rogga would be extra useful? So what? I guess there's more to it than that.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

It's probably because the Chamber is the actual weapon, the secondary and tertiary parts are just modifiers.

The Chamber doesn't have 6 itself, so it can't use the mod. Frankly though I don't really understand the limitation in the first place. Because weapons like the Knell or the Twin Rogga would be extra useful? So what? I guess there's more to it than that.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of programming wonkiness, that's all. I mean I too neither understand nor agreed with the limitation. Would love for it to be removed again (even though I personally am not a fan of weapons like Knell or Twin Rogga, but I could see fans of those guns getting very happy with that limit removal).

On 2018-11-24 at 4:06 PM, Azamagon said:

Magazine is magazine, end.

Just use the oh so bad Primed Expel mods instead. +55% dmg just need 4 shots to get more out than Synth Charge with +200% on only one shot for the whole magazine. So if you have say, a 6 shot magazine, Primed Expel mods yield you a total of +330% dmg for your magazine compared to Synth Charge's +200%

This mod just isn't good.

Edited by IceColdHawk

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

Just use the oh so bad Primed Expel mods instead. +55% dmg just need 4 shots to get more out than Synth Charge with +200% on only one shot for the whole magazine. So if you have say, a 6 shot magazine, Primed Expel mods yield you a total of +330% dmg for your magazine compared to Synth Charge's +200%

This mod just isn't good.

Combined with Pax Charge, you could get the bonus on every, or maybe every second shot. In that scenario it'd be quite potent