Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave should have a "Standard" mode with restricted movement.

Sasquatchias

I, from the very bottom of my heart, believe sincerely that the outright biggest thing that pushes new players away from Conclave is the way movement / parkour is handled - as in it works entirely like it does in PvE, completely free of any sort of restrictions and allowing players to imitate a game of pinball on steroids (now including bullets, lasers, and other various methods of painful death.)

The incredibly vast difference in power between a player who knows how to push the movement system to it's absolute limits (basically everyone currently bothering to play Conclave) and those who don't (the majority of people who turned away from Conclave after the first few weeks and everyone jumping into it for the first time) is staggering - you have one party who will most likely NEVER get hit by anything that isn't some kind of near undodgeable AoE or automatically hitting ability, and the other party will most likely be constantly dying over and over fresh from their spawns without even being able to take five steps from their spawn point.

It just isn't fun at all to be facing those kinds of players unless you're able to do the same thing - if you can't then you objectively (subjectively in reality) have no fighting chance,

This sort of thing wouldn't be the case I think if players were forcibly put onto the same level, or at least as close as you can get - as in no weird momentum tricks that drastically boost your speed to ridiculous levels, no rolling mid-air to rapidly change directions and hopping off a wall to get another roll, etc...

At the same time though I understand that catering exclusively to the people who don't like that kind of play would alienate the current batch of players who do, so this is my sort of proposal - let their be two gamemodes that can reliably split the different types of players apart, and let them each have their own ideal conclave experiences - the "Standard" or "Casual" mode, and the "Elite" Mode.

The Standard Mode would feature multiple restrictions on the movement system, such as severely reduced of momentum speed gain from maneuvers like bullet jumping, wall-hopping, maybe a stamina system or something else, etc...

The Elite Mode would be Conclave as it is now - no restrictions on movement, no other changes or systems implemented that'd ruin the fun of the current dedicated playerbase, etc...

On 2018-11-23 at 11:57 PM, Sasquatchias said:

the outright biggest thing that pushes new players away from Conclave is the way movement / parkour is handled - as in it works entirely like it does in PvE, completely free of any sort of restrictions

Are you trying to say that PvE players are discouraged from approaching Conclave because movement is consistent between the two?
Consistency is a good thing. Adding new requirements and obstacles to understanding the movement system would only complicate a player's attempt to learn PvP.

The incredibly vast difference in power between a player who knows how to push the movement system to it's absolute limits and those who don't is staggering
This sort of thing wouldn't be the case I think if players were forcibly put onto the same level

You want to remove one of the primary dimensions of skill in Conclave, and the salient feature that differentiates Warframe PvP from Steam's shooter-of-the-week?

Neutering mobility is equivalent, in principle, to giving everyone aim-assist. The more you relegate player input, the less the game feels like an actual game.
Are we players with agency and the ability to influence our performances? Or are we just the audience to a particularly repetitive movie?

Let me remind you that players are already on the same level: we all have access to the same mobility options.
Let's not limit ourselves to tic-tac-toe for fear of learning chess.

let their be two gamemodes that can reliably split the different types of players apart

The last thing Conclave needs is fragmentation.

Not that bad of idea, but spliting this 30 or 40 players into two smaller groups is bad idea. 

Only real fix for Conclave is some kind of Lore quest with stalker invasions or something. That would get a lot of people interested. Look at Dark Souls invading community. Toxic, but how fun 😉 and is active to this day even in older games.