Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate mission standing reward being deducted from MR-linked daily syndicate sigil standing

Irishspongie

I've noticed the available standing available through my syndicate sigils, as displayed on the console to the left of the navigation console, depleting faster than expected for the past few days.  After testing, it seems that:

1) For syndicate missions of the syndicate whose sigil I'm wearing (in my case, Red Veil mission with a Red Veil sigil), the standing gained through the sigil is deducted from the daily standing cap as normal but the standing awarded for the mission itself is ALSO deducted from the cap (so, say, a Veil mission worth 4000 standing during which I earn 2000 through my Veil sigil results in my daily syndicate standing cap being reduced by 6000 instead of 2000).

2) For syndicate missions of a different syndicate to the sigil worn, the syndicate reward *for the mission* is deducted from the daily syndicate standing cap available through sigils (in my case I only wear Veil sigils so, running a Loka mission, the only deduction from my standing cap should be what is earned through the sigil; what I discovered happens is that the 3800 standing reward for the Loka mission is deducted from the 26,000 daily syndicate standing cap but the amount earned through my Veil sigil was not).

3) Standing from syndicate missions is still awarded after the MR-dependent daily syndicate cap is reached, so currently players who want to max their syndicate gain would need to acquire all of that cap *before* running their daily syndicate missions.

I presume this is not an intended change to the way daily syndicate sigil standing is awarded and capped.

Edited by Irishspongie

• 3 weeks later...

it did always worked like that as far as I know so I always used up daily limit with an endless mission or two then used missions to overcap

they haven't changed it so far, so I'm guessing it is intended

I also just noticed that cephalon scan targets no longer spawn in syndicate missions.

Edit: it worked just now. I think the spawn its 100% guarantee anymore it was an corrupted butcher i was killing them in the 1st mission there wasn't an trail or notification.

Edited by b4timert

15 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Nah, for a long time at least, Syndicate mission rewards didn't count against your daily cap.

This is either an undocumented (and bad) change or a bug.

I didn't know that, but to be fair I did take a long break, for the past few months though it worked that way for me so I guess it did change

On 2018-12-10 at 10:18 PM, Thoogah said:

it did always worked like that as far as I know so I always used up daily limit with an endless mission or two then used missions to overcap

they haven't changed it so far, so I'm guessing it is intended

I can guarantee that it did not always work like that.

I wouldn't have a problem if they wanted to limit the overall syndicate standing cap to MR by deducting any syndicate mission standing reward from the cap (though it would be a bit unfair for lower-MR players), as has effectively been the case for a little over 3 weeks now if you run syndicates first after the daily cap reset, but the fact that we can currently only maximise it - as Branner mentions above - by first earning up to the cap and only then doing syndicate missions indicates that this is an error... that has somehow remained unfixed for about three and a half weeks now.  I tested it yesterday (prior to Hotfix 24.1.5) and it's still in effect.

Edited by Irishspongie
Adding detail of latest test.

• 1 month later...

I think DE think this isnt important enough to fix, clearly not enough players is complaining for them to put it on their priority list.

More people is complaining about eidolon and that isnt fixed and its been broken since chimera quest. and it took them 10 weeks to fix a bug on heist 1 that broke the mission.

On 2019-01-29 at 10:54 PM, b4timert said:

I think DE think this isnt important enough to fix, clearly not enough players is complaining for them to put it on their priority list.

More people is complaining about eidolon and that isnt fixed and its been broken since chimera quest. and it took them 10 weeks to fix a bug on heist 1 that broke the mission.

The fix should be quite simple - extract the code that manages syndicate standing from the backup prior to the update that broke it (I assume they're sensible enough to have backups).  I've given the date, from which they can work out which backup to use prior to someone trying to do something to the code and inadvertently breaking it.  It's not as if they have to hunt down something that's never worked properly and that has multiple moving parts that all have to be tested and looked at.

As it is, currently I can get about my daily cap of 26k if I run a couple of syndicates first, or 50k+ if I first deplete my cap and then run a couple of syndicates.  It's nonsensical and clearly unintended.

19 hours ago, Irishspongie said:

The fix should be quite simple - extract the code that manages syndicate standing from the backup prior to the update that broke it (I assume they're sensible enough to have backups).  I've given the date, from which they can work out which backup to use prior to someone trying to do something to the code and inadvertently breaking it.  It's not as if they have to hunt down something that's never worked properly and that has multiple moving parts that all have to be tested and looked at.

As it is, currently I can get about my daily cap of 26k if I run a couple of syndicates first, or 50k+ if I first deplete my cap and then run a couple of syndicates.  It's nonsensical and clearly unintended.

I know but my point was i dont think enough people is complaining about it so they dont know. Or they just don't care enough to put someone on it. It takes them ages or even years to fix some minor bugs. it took them 4 years to make it possible to complete the affinity quest in a mission, some were incompletable or at least for me if i weren't the host. And in all honestly i dont think they fixed it. I think that bug was unintendedly fixed by fixing or changing something else, it was the same update that broke the syndicate missions(i think). 

Edited by b4timert