To those who ‘Switched’ from Console to Console!

(NSW)Gregory

I’ve got a few questions, purely to promote discussion.

How much have you spent since Switching to the Switch?

How do you feel about having to unlock every node again? How does it feel to be stuck with no good Mods and having to scrape by with what little Endo and Credits you find? To be so limited in earning renown with the various Syndicates. Used to be hard to reach my daily cap, now it’s only 4000...

How does it feel to replay certain cinematic missions for the first time in awhile? Did you discover anything new/form any new theories or understanding going back knowing what you know now?

What about name availability? Did you snag a name you wanted before on the Xbox or PSN but couldn’t have because it was long since taken?

What other good has come out of starting fresh, and what have you found the most frustrating?

I for one pretty much immediately bought the Magnetic Mayhem Dual Pack and used the Platinum to get the Nidus and Nidus Deluxe Bundles, leaving just enough leftover for the fully mutated Nidus Phryke Glyph and an extra stasis slot.

I just couldn’t enjoy this game without Nidus, and with his new look I love him even more. Fun fact: Gregory means ‘Watchful’. Kinda suiting that my main Warframe would have a bazillion eyes. 👀

I plan to buy the Chroma Prime Access on the 1st of December. When it comes to this game, my wallet just can’t stay closed for long.

Ended up buying Chroma Prime Access a lot sooner than I planned, on the 27th I think. Now I'm just waiting until tonight at 10 PM when I get paid (scheduled direct deposit) so I can get the accessory pack as well. I think I'm pretty much just going to buy every Prime Access and Unvaulting as they come out.

A few more things I've noticed after playing the game for 10 days straight:

The microphone jack is only on the console itself, so you can't really use voice chat unless you're playing in handheld. I hope they incorporate the Switch chat on your phone thingy. It's rough not being able to communicate with your squad, especially if you tend to PUG stuff. Almost worth paying for Nintendo's cruddy membership just to get the voice chat app.

Switching to Operator mode is a lot less instantaneous/accessible then it was on the PS4, because there's no glowing center button. I have to press 2 buttons instead of 1. A small inconvenience, but it kinda matters in a way.

Umm...motion controls...anyone use them? I don't.

Been a hassle buying everything again, from the color packs to operator outfit bundles (chose Zauba) to new Ships & Skins (Mantis + Gloam) and OMG, so many bundles. So far I've bought the Sands of Inaros bundle, the Gazal Bundle (complete one), the Nidus and Nidus Phryke Bundles (as I mentioned earlier, those were the first things I bought after getting plat) a Kubrow Starter Bundle so I could hurry up and get my Helminth Charger, the Nutrio Incubator Segment, and a What Stalker? bundle.

And with that huge spending spree, I'm down to 25 plat. 😭 I have like...zero impulse control, apparently.

Edit: Oh, and I bought maybe 2 or 3 companion gene templates. So I could add some color to my Helminth Charger eventually.

Edited by (NSW)Gregory
addendum

I made the jump from ps to pc

Also felt the grind being too much but a 3 day affinity booster really eased the progression 

Enter “freesword” for a heatsword with potato its cc ground slam is helpful in low levels and it’s so responsive 

Didn’t feel the need to refarm absolutely everything as I mained a frame before.

If you do not use an item often back then, why the need to acquire it again? 

Edited by cheliel

Motion controls are way superior to analog sticks. The nearest thing related to mouse+keyboard you can find on consoles. Period. Its just a question of practice, like anything else in life.

For the chat, i use the Siberia 840 headphones, it comes with a wi-fi bluetooth dongle. The dongle is directly connected via USB at the Switch dock, so i can chat/play in docked mode without an issue. And in portable i just pick up the audio cable. Even if you dont have an headphone with a dongle you can still connect your "normal" headphone via cable to the Switch in docked mode. No problems like someone try to find at any cost because "its a S#&$ty console".

Edited by CorvoSerio

On 2018-11-24 at 6:00 AM, (NSW)Gregory said:

I’ve got a few questions, purely to promote discussion.

How much have you spent since Switching to the Switch?

-nothing on Switch yet....but will once I know what colors will be given for the year long gift 

How do you feel about having to unlock every node again? 

- Honestly, have not done it on XB1 as I swore to not do Uranus Archwing  after losing too many times in past doing SOLO.

Howes it feel to be stuck with no good Mods and having to scrape by with what little Endo and Credits you find?

- Did this when I started over on PS4 and it is a refresher to remind myself of where we all started and how far I have come.

To be so limited in earning renown with the various Syndicates. Used to be hard to reach my daily cap, now it’s only 4000...

- Will not join Syndicates....not my style.maybe?

How does it feel to replay certain cinematic missions for the first time in awhile? Did you discover anything new/form any new theories or understanding going back knowing what you know now?

- the Tutorial is different than when I did it. Boril is now a generic Grinny, which made my hopes of him coming after us later refitted kind of die. The tileset is different with some areas I wish they would give when running Earth missions. It is funny to know the area we are in at the tutorial is Iron Wake. They really need to do something with Iron Wake....besides getting a decoration, what is it used for in game?

What about name availability? Did you snag a name you wanted before on the Xbox or PSN but couldn’t have because it was long since taken?

-Did get my full name I wanted finally

What other good has come out of starting fresh, and what have you found the most frustrating?

-The Grinny hack puzzles seem to have a delay that I am attempting to adjust to. The keyboard onscreen is in need of word suggest. Getting used to a 3rd button config for the game makes going to the PS4 or XB1 a bit confusing sometimes LoL

I for one pretty much immediately bought the Magnetic Mayhem Dual Pack and used the Platinum to get the Nidus and Nidus Deluxe Bundles, leaving just enough leftover for the fully mutated Nidus Phryke Glyph and an extra stasis slot.

I just couldn’t enjoy this game without Nidus, and with his new look I love him even more. Fun fact: Gregory means ‘Watchful’. Kinda suiting that my main Warframe would have a bazillion eyes. 👀

I plan to buy the Chroma Prime Access on the 1st of December. When it comes to this game, my wallet just can’t stay closed for long.

Answers above with the -

Play on players

On 2018-11-30 at 11:36 PM, CorvoSerio said:

Motion controls are way superior to analog sticks. The nearest thing related to mouse+keyboard you can find on consoles. Period. Its just a question of practice, like anything else in life.

For the chat, i use the Siberia 840 headphones, it comes with a wi-fi bluetooth dongle. The dongle is directly connected via USB at the Switch dock, so i can chat/play in docked mode without an issue. And in portable i just pick up the audio cable. Even if you dont have an headphone with a dongle you can still connect your "normal" headphone via cable to the Switch in docked mode. No problems like someone try to find at any cost because "its a S#&$ty console".

Oh? I'll have to give the motion controls a proper try then I guess.

And as for the Siberia 840 headphones, sadly every place I've looked was out of stock or sold it at outrageously high prices, like 300$ or more.

So I’ve bought the Chroma Prime Access and Accessories, the Maganetic Mayhem Dual thingy, and on two separate instances spent 50$ (+tax) on 1000 plat.

That’s 2000 + 2625 + 1365 + 1200 platinum. So like, 7190 plat total.

Current balance? Just a tad over 200.

tenor.gif?itemid=4781876

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

So I’ve bought the Chroma Prime Access and Accessories, the Maganetic Mayhem Dual thingy, and on two separate instances spent 50$ (+tax) on 1000 plat.

tenor.gif?itemid=4781876

Wait....you spent that much to be at over 200 or you only got over 200 after buying all that?

If the latter, sometimes a glitch will happen with getting plat. DE will fix it for those affected as they did the XB1 crew when our plat did not come to our accounts. Think they gave us double the amount. 

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Gregory said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4781876

Uhhh....... interweb double posting????

Edited by (XB1)DShinShoryuken

8 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

Wait....you spent that much to be at over 200 or you only got over 200 after buying all that?

If the latter, sometimes a glitch will happen with getting plat. DE will fix it for those affected as they did the XB1 crew when our plat did not come to our accounts. Think they gave us double the amount. 

Oh, no, no...you misunderstand, pardon me.

I'm saying I had all that plat (plus the 300 from the starter pack thing, which I forgot to count) and I spent it all already. The game has only been out since the 20th of November, and I've already bought and blown an insane amount of platinum. I'm commenting on my own impulse control when it comes to this game, lol. 😅

Just to illustrate how quickly it went and where, I'll list every purchase below:

A Nutrio Incubator Segment, a Kubrow Starter Pack, the Nidus Collection and Nidus Phryke Collection and the Nidus Phryke fully mutated Glyph.

I rushed 1 incubation (Helminth Charger) and rushed 2 builds (Atomos, Personal Quarters Segment) and bought one weapon (Nukor) by itself.

The Aquarium Vignette and the Blade and Gun Stencil...

I bought every gene masking kit in the market (except for the credit ones, can't afford those ironically) and every color pack (Alpha, Beta, plus all individual color packs currently available) so basically I could color everything however I want.

The Silver Grove and Sands of Inaros bundles, the complete Gazal Collection (really just wanted that Djinn asap) and the Huntress bundle (because I'm like a Rhino in a fine china shop when it comes to stealth missions) and...hmmm...what else? Oh, the Umbra headpiece for the Operator, and the Sacrifice Collection. Umbra Excalibur Glyph...Zauba Armor bundle, the Mantis ship, Mantis Obscuro Skin, Mantis Gloam Skin...

Is that everything? I'm not sure...honestly, I wish I could go over a record of all the things I blew my plat on, just to review and keep track...Oh, and I have precisely 265 plat left...

On 2018-11-30 at 11:36 PM, CorvoSerio said:

What settings do you use? It's incredibly frustrating, and I have to keep using the analog stick to recenter every few seconds.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cargan2016 said:

having mr 25 and everything built that can be built so far on ps4.  I dont feel like putting that much work into the game all over again so I likely wont be putting much time in on switch untill/unless they add in crossaves

I feel ya.

If I wasn't so done with Sony, I probably wouldn't have migrated either.

I swear, the hardest part of starting over is the drought of Endo and Credits.

And trying to farm Endo and Credits is a huge catch 22 scenario, since you can't farm jack without a good loadout. And you can't have a good loadout if you don't have good mods and Warframes and weapons. And you can't have good mods and Warframes and weapons if you don't already have thousands upon thousands of Endo and credits.

I mean, sure, I can buy the weapons and Warframes (and I have, lol) but buying Endo and Credits is ridiculous with the conversion rates in the marketplace being what they are.

100 plat = 1000 Endo? Really? Obviously buying Anasa Ayatan Sculptures is far more preferable, but the Switch player marketplace ain't really getting off to a good start, as far as I've seen. Warframe Market doesn't even have a Switch section yet.

*sigh* I hope more players switch to the Switch. Or DE finally finds a way to implement cross play at some point down the line. Waaay, waaay down the line. (Even though several other games have already done it...)

Right now I'm just waiting for the next unvaulting. So many Primes I bought before and no longer have...I have to wait for Limbo to be vaulted and then unvaulted to get his cosmetics! Like, ouch? NinTennos are getting left in the dust over here. We should have separate deals from the other versions. Maybe next year have a bunch of unvaultings exclusively for the Switch players, to make it fair.

Also, where are all the Tennogen items on Switch?

Also, I've been using the motion controls to try and get a feel for them...I have best results when I use the motion controls in tandem with the analog. But it definitely needs tweaking/improving.