Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add sentinel weapon rivens as purchasable with vitus essence in arbitration

Klokwerkaos

Add sentinel weapon rivens as purchasable with vitus essence in arbitrations.

Why?

Because it was wise to remove them from the regular pool as they were substandard... however players that have them now have distinct load out options and advantages over new players that never will short of saving up 1000s of plat which is not realistic for most casual gamers.

Additionally, they aren't power creep because they are already in the game and don't offer much of a buff, but some of a buff if you land a god tier roll (and thus more incentive to play more to grind more kuva for more load out slots or to gain more plat from sales).

Furthermore, they are a choice a player makes without taking anything away from the game in other areas while giving another rewarding option for arbitrations that make them slightly more relavent once a player has completed the typical cosmetics.  A player never NEEDS to choose this or is forced to have it from a pool of rewards instead of something better they might want that is more relevant.

Lastly, new sentinel weapons from fortuna are at a disadvantage because they will never have sentinel weapon rivens.

Suggested 20 vitus essence each, weapon and roll is still randomly unlocked with challenge.  This makes them "harder" to get ahold of this minor buff than typically running a random sortie and gives vets a reason to grind out in arbitration once in a while for fun beyond just endo, which has of course, destroyed the endo market.

Downsides from the peanut gallery?

Edited by Klokwerkaos

DE's already planning on reintroducing Sentinel Rivens back into the game.

Frankly, I thought maybe Simaris or Legs would be selling the Veiled ones in their inventories, but alternatively I could see Arbiters being a thing too. (They could also possibly be a rare Extra drop from the Orb Mother's when we finally get to fight them.)

11 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

DE's already planning on reintroducing Sentinel Rivens back into the game.

Frankly, I thought maybe Simaris or Legs would be selling the Veiled ones in their inventories, but alternatively I could see Arbiters being a thing too. (They could also possibly be a rare Extra drop from the Orb Mother's when we finally get to fight them.)

Wasn't aware.  Of those options I think arbs is probably the best place for them game wise, even though lore wise legs or simaris might be the best fit.

35 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Because it was wise to remove them from the regular pool as they were substandard...

Going to disagree with DE's justification there.

it was no worse getting a Sentinel Riven, that it was getting a Kraken or Bolto Riven.

Yet we don't see those being removed to spare us the disappointment.

So I see the logic as flawed, and would prefer them just be put back into the Sorities like everything else.

As for Arbitrations as a source; problem I see with that is Arbitrations are for high level players who've unlocked the entire starchart and have the most OP gear. Putting them there cuts out a large number of players from getting access to them.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

it was no worse getting a Sentinel Riven, that it was getting a Kraken or Bolto Riven.

So I see the logic as flawed, and would prefer them just be put back into the Sorities like everything else.

As for Arbitrations as a source; problem I see with that is Arbitrations are for high level players who've unlocked the entire starchart and have the most OP gear. Putting them there cuts out a large number of players from getting access to them.

I don't think so.  Rhino with a half decent junk build + maiming atterax at MR 6 can clear rotation C while carrying a team of people standing invisible doing nothing.  If someone can't muster that much for their builds (that build is the equivelent of opening 200 bronze drop lith relics that can only be sold as prime junk, or drastically less if they manage to ever manage to open higher tier relics and get a silver or gold drop once in a while), they shouldn't be messing with min/max rivens to begin with, let alone a challenge supposedly designed for vets that has already been nerfed into irrellavence.  Additionally rivens aren't ever required to clear any content in the game, thus making them "extra" for the players that want to be just a little more OP.  

I see your point, but I adamantly disagree and I don't think we should be further babying newer players as much as DE already does with content, let alone make it even easier on them.  That's bad for game health.

Warframe is a tedious grind.  The reason to keep playing for most is because the gameplay is enjoyable.  If you nerf everything into irrellavence and bring that bell curve in line with the LCD, we end up with not even vets abandoning the game, but casuals too because they are so OP at mid tier (not even top tier) that there is no reason to stay.

What new players need isn't access to more power faster, or more content, they need more skippable in game tutorials to explain basics.  if they understood the game at all, they would realize fairly quickly the game is super easy if you just play it and set decent goals and priorities.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Don't get me wrong, I liked them, I just get why many people would complain about it.  The solution I would think of wouldn't be to take them out, but make them more rare on the drop table and buff some of the mid tier stuff so people aren't constantly getting crap rivens, but still have to have a fair bit of luck to roll top tier gear.  That said they were taken out and I'd like to see them back and arbitration is severely lacking not only in challenge, but also in rewards.  Endo is not a reward for vets.  The statues are nice for dojo decoration, and you can get a fair bit of plat from maxing mods with them... but legit vets don't need plat either because they have all the crap already.  They don't need a third copy of ash prime.  They don't need a second purchase of a non tennogen syandana... they don't need more slots... what they need is sustainable content.

Edited by Klokwerkaos