Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework based on original concept, Wukong.

Fallen_Echo

The mighty choice of the Seven, wukong is warframes immortal frame.

Sadly thats literally everything about him, Wukong is lackluster in many aspects and even his immortality cant pull him into relevance.

I decided to look at the legendary wukong where the inspiration came from and rework this frame, maybe with some luck someone higher up in the ranks sees this and decides to buff him finally.

Passive: Constitution

Wukong possesses immense strenght and speed and as such gains +10% movement speed and +10% max health every 5 second spent moving around on the ground up to max 200%. This bonus resets after 2 second off the ground.

Passive 2: When not using a melee weapon, wukong has full access to his iron staff in its place.

First skill: Iron will

Costs 150 energy.

Duration 60 seconds. (affected by duration)

Wukong calls forth the power of his Iron staff to increase his combat prowess.

Ranged weapons release 10-20 iron shrapnel projectiles in the impact area dealing 100% weapon damage +200 as puncture damage shared evenly among them. (bonus damage and shrapnel number affected by p.strenght)

Melee weapons increase their range by 1 meter, on each strike wukong is followed by a shadow of himself attacking the same target once again dealing 50% damage of the previous attack. (damage is affected by p.strenght)

When used with the Iron staff wukong also creates a void circle around his feet what deals constant void damage equal to 10% of iron staffs damage.

Second skill: Defy

Energy cost 100.

Upon taking lethal hit Wukong turns his body into stone to retaliate. Wukong regains all of his health, gains 300 armor for 30 sec and becomes invincible for 10 sec. While invincible all incoming damage is magnifyed by 500% and reflected back at attackers. (armor is affected by p.strenght)

While using the Iron staff the reflection damage is removed but all allies in affinity range gain 1 second invulnerability upon taking lethal hit. This effect can only trigger once per activation. (ally invulnerability is affected by duration)

Third skill: Cloud warrior

Energy cost 150.

Duration 30 sec.

Wukong summons a magic cloud to ride on to escape the heat of the battle or to charge onward into it.

While on the cloud wukong gains free movement and +50% movement speed and 25% evansion.

Ranged attacks have 25% chance of summoning a hailstorm from the cloud dealing 50 cold damage/sec while slowing down all enemies. Melee attacks if they dont hit anything create a powerful blast of wind what deal damage equal to 100% of the weapons damage as impact damage in a 10 meter long cone.

While Iron will is active the hailstorm is replaced by a thunder strike dealing 100% weapon damage +100 as electricity damage in a 5 meter area on the impact point. Melee attacks summon hail wind what deal 100% of the weapons damage +50 as cold damage in a 10 meter long cone.

Fourth skill: Primal rage

Energy cost 25.

Energy drain 5/sec.

Wukong enters a state of pure rage and wreacks havoc.

Wukong turns his iron staff into a coating for his melee weapon what increases attack speed and range by 50%. Each attack leaves enemies stunned for 1 second and ruptures their bones. Enemies attempting to move with ruptured bones lose 1% of their current health for every meter they move.

When used with Iron staff wukong creates a protective circle around his allies reducing incoming damage by 25% while also increasing their damage output by 25%.

This is it, feel free to share your thought on it.

So basically:

• His passive: More dmg and survivability (which he doesnt need).
  • His second passive: Im ok with that.
  • Hist one: More dmg and one clone of mirage, In my opinion this ability will never really be used, because it really doesn't provide anything good.
  • His two: More survivability, which as said again he doesn't need, I can already stand for more then halve an hour in front of 20 level 135 heavy gunners and not die, defy really doesn't need a rework.
  • His three: This one I actually like, its has some light CC in the form of cold procs, though I would much rather like if it acted more like a k-drive that allowed you to use your weapons.
  • His four: This one is also okay, though it would be nice to know what stats scale from what.

When looking at your whole Idea its not a bad rework, it just needs a bit more refinement. 

1 hour ago, BlachWolf said:

Hist one: More dmg and one clone of mirage, In my opinion this ability will never really be used, because it really doesn't provide anything good.

Im not sure if i expressed myself clear enough on this one. Its not an actual clone but more like if you have a dark shadow lagging behind you doing the same just 0.5 second later.

latest?cb=20171006181628

This gif is the closest to what i imagined, as the image of the sword lags behind you would get a second strike.

Also +1 meter range is a lot especially considering that we have weapons what barely have 1.5m range with primed reach.

2 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

His three: This one I actually like, its has some light CC in the form of cold procs, though I would much rather like if it acted more like a k-drive that allowed you to use your weapons.

Instead of free movement just basic k-drive movement? Im okay with that but i preferred to keep his "i go where i want" approach.

His four: This one is also okay, though it would be nice to know what stats scale from what.

Well it doesnt scale from anything. I had to take into account that we have already high range melee weapons and if the range and attack speed would increase it would make it even worse.

The damage is scaling and the 1 second stun can be rapidly reapplied so i thought those too dont need to scale from anything.

Its only stat what could be altered is the initial cost and the drain.

When looking at your whole Idea its not a bad rework, it just needs a bit more refinement. 

I just put it together in a hour because i was bored. The goal was not necessearly to make a perfect rework but to change him into something what everybody would like to use.

OK i have read the whole thing, there are good ideas here i just feel your complicating things, maybe a personal thing but never liked Warframes that have like 10 effects on each ability and like BlachWolf said needs a little more refinement.

I for one would like them to keep Iron Jab and add Iron Vault as a default effect and perhaps let it add to the Combo counter. Thats all his Iron Jab needs to be useful.

Now on to your ideas:

Passive Constitution:

I'm not sure about the extra health but the extra speed while staying grounded is interesting, not for Wukong tough as I feel he should be jumping about the place Slamming fools and going full on melee, and Warframe already involves a lot of jumping and maneuvering especially in melee so don't think it would fit him.
I do like the idea of him using his Iron Staff if he isnt using any melee weapon.

1- Iron will: There are just too many abilities packed into one, abilities I actually like, but not together.

Maybe keep the shadow thing, for a few seconds you got a shadow that will mimic your movements with a delay to have a sort of wombo combo or with a range weapon having a hail of bullets thrown into them

The Void circle is interesting, especially because he uses Void damage. Maybe using my idea before the AoE remains so long as the shadow is up.

2- Defy: Reduce the Invulnerability to 2 seconds, remove the reflection then maybe bump up the Armor.

Now without the Iron staff allies also gain defy as well, either they spent some of your energy in the process or just reduce the armor they gain for balance.

With the Iron Staff active Defy wont spread to allies but will grant Wukong 90% Reduction when blocking enemies with his staff and returns damage to attackers.

For extra flare maybe the Iron Staff also blocks all around Wukong instead of just the front. Tough thats more a basic thing for the Iron staff not this ability.

3- Cloud warrior: Im conflicted between making this ride like the Drives and have him Zoom around the stage or maybe more of a free range move.... maybe both?

I lIke the idea of shooting hail out of the cloud but not as a chance to happen. Maybe an alternative power set when on the cloud? im not sure.

But the rest is great, especially summoning wind waves when not hitting enemies with melee.

4- Primal Rage: I dont like this one, feels like a bunch of effects thrown together. The broken bones idea sounds interresting tough but I feel there are plenty of other abilities from the "real wukong" that could make for entertaining abilities.

Like he can shoot lasers out of his eyes, like what? I would need some more time to think of something but this Primal rage is just clunky.

I do like a lot of your ideas but need more refinement to work.

34 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

1- Iron will:

I put in the ranged effect to not make this a lesser variant of mirage clones. The +1 meter range and the different ranged effect is what separates it from mirage clones.

36 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

2- Defy

You might have not noticed it but this is a toggle skill with a one time activation and it is not a recastable skill so at best this skill grants allies 1 chance to make an error.

I reworked defy from an "im immortal s*ck it up!" to "good luck next time" skill. Since its cost is huge and doesnt grant you anything till you "die" this skill is meant to preserve him in an emergency.

41 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

3- Cloud warrior:

They are chance based because you already move faster with 25% evansion, i thought that adding in something this powerful with 100% chance to happen would be overkill.

42 minutes ago, The_Sharp_Demonologist said:

4- Primal Rage:

I dont really know what else could we put here what doesnt sound ridicolous even thought i have read what skill he had but putting them in warframe might not be a good idea.

Technically this is what you would see in the ability screen:

Atttack speed: 150%

Range:150%

Stun duration: 1 sec

Damage/meter: 1%

For some moment i was thinking about something with stone because he was made from stone but i dont really know.

41 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You might have not noticed it but this is a toggle skill with a one time activation and it is not a recastable skill so at best this skill grants allies 1 chance to make an error.

I reworked defy from an "im immortal s*ck it up!" to "good luck next time" skill. Since its cost is huge and doesnt grant you anything till you "die" this skill is meant to preserve him in an emergency.

You do know defy is the one ability that doesnt need any changes, put the two rage mods, an arcane grace and arcane nullifier, add a max rank vitality, streamline and prime continuity, with some more duration on top and your basically immortal, nothing will be able to kill you, not even another frame with a magnetic build (which is wukongs only weakness, aside from leech eximus units and nullifiers), you can basically go and make a sandwich for 20 min, while taking dmg from 20 level 130 enemies and not die. 

8 minutes ago, BlachWolf said:

You do know defy is the one ability that doesnt need any changes, put the two rage mods, an arcane grace and arcane nullifier, add a max rank vitality, streamline and prime continuity, with some more duration on top and your basically immortal, nothing will be able to kill you, not even another frame with a magnetic build (which is wukongs only weakness, aside from leech eximus units and nullifiers), you can basically go and make a sandwich for 20 min, while taking dmg from 20 level 130 enemies and not die. 

I know that its a good ability but it will be the first one what will get nerfed if they make his other skills useable because from that point people will not say "Look at poor wukong, he has immortality and thats it" but "Look at wukong ontop of good skills he is also immortal" what later leads to various nerf requests especially if the initial reworks pulls off as great success.

DE already has a tendency to come up with poor balance ideas and listening to the angry minority so you cant just leave defy as is because its the best skill he has and no matter what other skills he will get being immortal will be the cherry top what decides the balance.

5 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I know that its a good ability but it will be the first one what will get nerfed if they make his other skills useable because from that point people will not say "Look at poor wukong, he has immortality and thats it" but "Look at wukong ontop of good skills he is also immortal" what later leads to various nerf requests especially if the initial reworks pulls off as great success.

DE already has a tendency to come up with poor balance ideas and listening to the angry minority so you cant just leave defy as is because its the best skill he has and no matter what other skills he will get being immortal will be the cherry top what decides the balance.

True, but we have monsters such as octavia and Saryn, which haven't been nerfed till this day, though as you said DE inst the best when it comes to balancing something ... ahem chroma nerf...

11 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Defy needs changes, mostly just to make it actually enjoyable to use. Right now it's blatantly broken, boring and unengaging.

I agree, as much as I love using Defy, it’s a press and forget ability to be honest, I’d love to see the ability get changed to where the player can engage with the ability a lot more.

Passive: double combo multiplier.

1st: aoe pole spin while you move drain ability knocks them down.

2nd: defy

3rd: some ground mist thingy, makes enemy aim bad, reduced by 50%.

while slowly ticking down health or dead enemies become wukong clone with staff.

4th: primal fury but it has innate shattering impact but better. Or all wukong clones get enraged and wukong either

let' them fight or uses first to kill and absorb clones for power and range.