General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Update failed - The preprocess pass appeared to crash

-THP-Nooooob

Oh thank god, not just me! Happened to check in this morning again and see this topic. My temporary bypass has been to hit the gear and deselect 64-Bit Mode in the launcher, which will permit the game to launch.

None of the other launcher settings seem to cause crashing.

Edited by Croonster

Same here.
Also, update from my previous situation.
I once again uninstalled and re-installed the game. I went on the settings and disabled 64bit mode, did not work. Uninstalled, re-installed the game, ran it with 64bit mode disabled and also DirectX 11 disabled, still did not work.
At this point I am fed up with this thing, it is really infuriating to say the least. And it all began on the freaking update on Friday! Come the hell on DE, do something about it, or at least acknowledge the issue dammit!

3 hours ago, Shattered_Sanity said:

Same here.
Also, update from my previous situation.
I once again uninstalled and re-installed the game. I went on the settings and disabled 64bit mode, did not work. Uninstalled, re-installed the game, ran it with 64bit mode disabled and also DirectX 11 disabled, still did not work.
At this point I am fed up with this thing, it is really infuriating to say the least. And it all began on the freaking update on Friday! Come the hell on DE, do something about it, or at least acknowledge the issue dammit!

same...... everything was ok until that hotfix on friday, i really hope they fix it....I really need to get my daily grinds done xD

Already sent a ticket and have been getting help from [DE]Tim. I assume y'all have already verified and optimized the game and all that, so here's what he said to me after saying that:

Also, when the game is not running, try going to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe and deleting all the funny named folders (like F36423HGJYG5434000 ) and any .cfg files. Please note, this will delete your key bindings and all the other in-game settings but not any game progress.

Also, if DE doesn't get back to you, check your Warframe email. It took until today for me to realize they emailed me.

I'm still having issues, but hopefully it works for you guys. I'll try to keep you guys updated on this.

Edited by BEAS-2142

3 hours ago, BEAS-2142 said:

Already sent a ticket and have been getting help from [DE]Tim. I assume y'all have already verified and optimized the game and all that, so here's what he said to me after saying that:

Also, when the game is not running, try going to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe and deleting all the funny named folders (like F36423HGJYG5434000 ) and any .cfg files. Please note, this will delete your key bindings and all the other in-game settings but not any game progress.

Also, if DE doesn't get back to you, check your Warframe email. It took until today for me to realize they emailed me. 

I'm still having issues, but hopefully it works for you guys. I'll try to keep you guys updated on this.

Doesn't work for me either....
wonder how long until I'm able to play again

Nice, lots of people having the same issue (including me), nothing I've done has been able to fix it either. Went from Steam version to stand alone version, unchecked various boxes in the launcher and still no go....

I've resorted to keeping a copy of the files as downloading 27GB takes me 8 hours on my internet connection.

Hope it gets sorted soon... 😞

Edited by Gregar75

There is no fix or anything.Youre installed game is ok and your connection is ok.You simply cant connect to Warframe servers.Its issue from their side and you will only have to wait.

One thing that could help is to use VPN.But good luck finding free service that will give you that amount of data for free.

Hey Everyone! Was having having the same issue. I went hrought every forum help I could find to no avail & let their support know. However! One the same day they came out with another hothix , I also updated & uninstalled, reinstalled my antivus. Hoping it was the hotfix that did it, ut if your still having issues, maybe check your antivirus as well. Hope everyone is up and running!