Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spectre: Sharpshooter frame idea

(XBOX)Xan Lon Omega

Greetings fellows of the Void,

After the release of Plains of Eidolon, I came up with the idea of a sharpshooter/sniper focused frame. With the suggestions of my PC clan mates and the italian warframe community, the following concept was born:

Name: Spectre

Concept: Sniper frame 

Armor: 100

Energy: 175

Health: 100

Shield: 300 

Passive: Recover 2 health per second while in dark areas. Acquire 2 overshield per second while in illuminated areas. 

1 ability. Tombstone: Become invisible when standing still; Similar to Itzal archwing.  Energy cost: 20 cast; Energy consumption: 5 per second. affected by power efficiency.   Augment: stay invisible while moving at the cost of 3x the energy only while moving. 

2 ability. Signal boost: Cast on allies to buff their ability range.  Energy cost: 50 cast, affected by power efficiency  Buff: base 25% affected by power range and strength.  

3 ability. Camouflage: Enemies outside a certain radius can't see you. Allies in the casting radius (10m permanent) can benefit of it, but only at 1/3 of your radius and half duration.   Energy cost: 100 cast Duration: 30/40/45/50 Range: 70m/60m/50m/40m/ Affected by effeciency, duration and range mods. 

4 ability. Redemption: Summon a sniper of enormous potential. 300 base damage (100 puncture, 100 impact, 100 slash)  30% base crit chance; 3x base crit damage; 10% base status chance; 1 magazine size; 10m punch through ;  Energy cost: 50 cast, 15/10/7/5 per shot Affected by primary weapon mods and power duration and efficiency mods.

Stealthy sharpshooting in Warframe isn't quite satisfying and rewarding, especially in the new open world areas, therefore I think this warframe might be a a good idea.

I hope this idea gains some attention.

May the Void be with you.

Pretty interesting, I'd change the 4th ability. I would make it an exhalted weapon, formable and moddable and I would add 1) a raw dmg/cd buff for zooming in, similar to others snipers in game, that caps at the second zoom level 2) more zoom levels than any other sniper rifle in game, so that you can really feel the sniper theme; something like 3x, 5x, 8x, 12x,16x. 

4 minutes ago, Kairaishi said:

Pretty interesting, I'd change the 4th ability. I would make it an exhalted weapon, formable and moddable and I would add 1) a raw dmg/cd buff for zooming in, similar to others snipers in game, that caps at the second zoom level 2) more zoom levels than any other sniper rifle in game, so that you can really feel the sniper theme; something like 3x, 5x, 8x, 12x,16x. 

Oh right, I forgot to mention it's Exhalted, my bad.

Though the idea of zooming is very interesting. I haven't thought about that