Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Onslaught should require MAX LEVEL on all gear.

LordK4G3

Exactly as the title state, Elite Onslaught should require max weapons, warframes and companions. It's no longer enjoyable to go there for focus farming or to attain rotation C.

People bring the most useless frames to just afk in a corner and expect the volt or saryn to do everything for them to then leave on wave 1 or 2.

It's frustrating that I have to abort 5-7 missions before I find a competent team that wants to actually progress.

I understand that leveling sucks and that Onslaught makes it easier but damn, the community seem to have killed a perfectly fun game mode.

It doesn't matter if I want a specific team. When I'm getting 3 afk'er who refuse to kill anything because they want to level a weapon. That's the problem.

I don't care if these players brought sub optimal warframes and weapons BUT AT LEAST TRIED TO KILL STUFF INSTEAD OF BEING AFK.

4 minutes ago, LordK4G3 said:

It doesn't matter if I want a specific team. When I'm getting 3 afk'er who refuse to kill anything because they want to level a weapon. That's the problem.

I don't care if these players brought sub optimal warframes and weapons BUT AT LEAST TRIED TO KILL STUFF INSTEAD OF BEING AFK.

It does matter, because when you do, you'll know if the other players and going for this sorta thing, and you'll be able to leave before you actually go in. EOS is pretty popular so you'll have no issue in making a party or joining one. You can't expect everyone to play how you want them to play. Also, max weapons don't matter as much as frames do because you can still use some decent mods on, while in warframes you can only use a few abilities when you're low rank, and they're weaker 

I think the issue here is the player attitude, not the equipment. That, my friend, you definitely cannot change 

il y a 4 minutes, Naftal a dit :

Also none of the limitations should apply to soloing. If I want to go into those missions solo with unranked gear, I should be able to.

This.

Not being able to play a warframe because you formaed and it's only lvl 28 is shame, at least allow that in solo.

ESO is basically Hydron Prime for weapons only. I only ever played it for the reward when it fist came out after that its xp farm and that is its only use. Most of the time I do have people trying to kill even if they are just scratching the enemies. As it was said above Recruitment chat is your friend if you want to stay as long as possible/needed.

Just a note: When eso fist came out it was easy to find a squad on public matchmaking to go to zone 8, but a month or 2 later it just became quick xp for weapons and companions.

No! If anything, requirement for maxed frame should be removed. If you or likes of you get their wish, unranked gear would be banned from everything and leveling would become a solo endeavor. You have the option to use premade teams, if you are uncomfortable with people leeching. Use that.

22 minutes ago, Heartwarder said:

No! If anything, requirement for maxed frame should be removed. If you or likes of you get their wish, unranked gear would be banned from everything and leveling would become a solo endeavor. You have the option to use premade teams, if you are uncomfortable with people leeching. Use that.

eso is one of the most endgame modes. you shouldnt be allowed to go there to level. you should go there for a challenge. i agree anything not max rank should be dissallowed from ESO only. the star chart is still open to levelers and 15 waves of Stöfler on lua is still enough to take any weapon from 0-30. frames need a few more runs

37 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

You can't expect everyone to play how you want them to play.

we can and should expect people to play and not leech

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

12 minutes ago, --Laughing-Soul-- said:

we can and should expect people to play and not leech

and how does a max lvl weapon make you want to play? you can't change players' mindset. if you see a leech then report him and it'll make him play next time

people can just as easily leech for the rewards and not xp, so no, dumb modifiers that limit players won't do much 

2 часа назад, LordK4G3 сказал:

right dood ITS NOT LIKE ESO is filled with frames that can solo everything till at least 9th wave or anything

in fact how are you even playing ESO? if you're not a global dps (volt / saryn / whatever) yourself, if you're not buffing the DPS, if you're not EVing - then you yourself are in fact effectivly leeching

killing like ~100 enemies per wave with your regular weapons means NOTHING

I mean, I do this but I always bring a max strength rhino to buff w/e dps I see doing the killing. It helps them get way more focus than they normally would and it helps me level weapons. What's the problem? If you are actually focus farming, why WOULD you want me to kill things? That would just be stealing your focus anyway. 

1 hour ago, Daughteru said:

I mean, I do this but I always bring a max strength rhino to buff w/e dps I see doing the killing. It helps them get way more focus than they normally would and it helps me level weapons. What's the problem? If you are actually focus farming, why WOULD you want me to kill things? That would just be stealing your focus anyway. 

Are you staying till wave 8 (rotation C) or leaving the second your weapons are max level.

As someone who's working on the rotation C weapon parts and also focus. I dislike when the majority of players leave on wave 2. If I was gaining focus on wave 1, it wouldn't be so bad but its at the point where 2 out of 4 players are leaving by wave 2 from my experience the last few weeks. It's no longer enjoyable

4 minutes ago, LordK4G3 said:

Are you staying till wave 8 (rotation C) or leaving the second your weapons are max level.

As someone who's working on the rotation C weapon parts and also focus. I dislike when the majority of players leave on wave 2. If I was gaining focus on wave 1, it wouldn't be so bad but its at the point where 2 out of 4 players are leaving by wave 2 from my experience the last few weeks. It's no longer enjoyable

It depends. If I'm host (which I try to always avoid) I will stay until the last person wants to leave. If I join and am leveling 3 weapons, that usually will take 8 rounds to max anyway. If I'm only leveling one weapon I may even leave after 1 wave. But when I farm standing with my saryn, I just leave the game public to let some leechers get exp because I do it as well and I don't lose anything by letting them leech for a few rounds. I can solo up to wave 8 easily so I don't care at all once they leave. 

I think it's a mindset thing. When you go into ESO to farm standing, all you want to do is get every kill yourself. It doesn't matter if other people are leeching because you lose absolutely nothing. If you can't make it to wave 8 by yourself it's better to form a group in recruit because you will get more exp with that method anyway. 

Now if you were doing bounties and someone was leeching with 3 level 0 weapons and couldn't contribute at all to the objectives, that's a different story. We are not so different because when I join/host sorties or bounties and see people leveling 3 weapons, I will just leave. Especially difficult sorties like two weeks ago with the radiation hazard grineer defense. Certain situations I tolerate leechers and others I don't. 

I think you would be much better off allowing leechers in your ESO runs because there is nothing for you to lose, and you will be less angry/stressed when you do it because 99.9% there will be at least one leecher. But on the bright side, usually one out of the three leechers will bring SOMETHING to support you, because if you don't kill they don't get exp.

8 hours ago, LordK4G3 said:

Exactly as the title state, Elite Onslaught should require max weapons, warframes and companions. It's no longer enjoyable to go there for focus farming or to attain rotation C.

People bring the most useless frames to just afk in a corner and expect the volt or saryn to do everything for them to then leave on wave 1 or 2.

It's frustrating that I have to abort 5-7 missions before I find a competent team that wants to actually progress.

I understand that leveling sucks and that Onslaught makes it easier but damn, the community seem to have killed a perfectly fun game mode.

exactly this. they sit afk waiting to be carried and get all the shared xp with no effort put forward or quit because they know they cant be carried.

Edit: people also seem to be forgetting that shared affinity affects focus farming too. so people can still afk and still gain focus.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

All of this leads to one single culprit in the game. The account progression system that we know as Mastery Rank.

It's the main culprit why people are aimlessly rinsing and repeating the same things for the fact that they need to level every weapon and their wooden, golden, and all the other versions. Even though they offer exactly the same gameplay every time and it just serves as a player keeper for the game.

Keeping a player in a grind should be enjoyable, not something that provokes leeching due to how boring spending hours in Hydronesque missions is. A progression system to keep using your high level, customised weapons would be more optimal, as people would actually bother to progress their level in the highest level missions and content, while also being able to contribute to the mission.

Good examples to take are World of Warcraft, The Elder Scrolls Online, even RuneScape (known for one of the highest grinds around) have a true purpose to their leveling mechanics.

On the contrary the game should avoid Black Desert Online-esque grinding system to the infinite limits, because this is just a temporary way to keep the hardcore players in, and putting all the others out of the game after half a month.

Like I've mentioned earlier, Mastery Rank should be addressed, along with its XP system and the affinity.

The least to be done in this direction while retaining the grinding mechanics of the Mastery Rank would be unifying all the sub-types of a weapon to not award extra XP, as in:

However opting to focus on retaining the use of your most optimal gear to progress is something that every major MMORPG has already successfully used without player burnout. A game should definitely not feel like working in a coal mine to progress in any way, even be it simple, fancy numbers near name like the Mastery Rank is.

Here is what should happen, Affinity and Focus will be tallied up until 8 rounds have been completed at which time the Affinity and Focus will be awarded to you. Each round after 8 will award Affinity and Focus normally per wave. Every 2 waves will reward an item as it normally would.

Now you may say, "But what if my game crashes or Internet goes out?", well tough luck and try again next time. People need to quit leaving after 2-3 waves and this will ensure that you have to stick around if you want that Affinity or Focus. If your group can't make it to wave 8, then maybe you or some of your group aren't ready for ELITE sanctuary onslaught and should probably stick to the regular one.

48 minutes ago, RazorStrike1 said:

Here is what should happen, Affinity and Focus will be tallied up until 8 rounds have been completed at which time the Affinity and Focus will be awarded to you. Each round after 8 will award Affinity and Focus normally per wave. Every 2 waves will reward an item as it normally would.

Now you may say, "But what if my game crashes or Internet goes out?", well tough luck and try again next time. People need to quit leaving after 2-3 waves and this will ensure that you have to stick around if you want that Affinity or Focus. If your group can't make it to wave 8, then maybe you or some of your group aren't ready for ELITE sanctuary onslaught and should probably stick to the regular one.

id be down for this.

Why shouldn't I bring stuff to level on ESO considering that it gives only exp anyway? Besides, it's my Saryn/Mesa+Regulators level you should be concerned about. Weapons won't carry you far in ESO to begin with (well, spin to win melee would I suppose), and if you don't have a room cleaner, well, too bad.

Early leavers? Eh, a bit annoying but nothing cruicial personally. I just wish we could get an option to adjust the spawn rates so that single player ones aren't as patheticly low as they currently are.

I'd also like to point out that SO and ESO are boring AF due to the combination of stupid efficiency drain which often goes down faster than enemies spawn and enemy pathfinding still being a massive pile of carp. =/