Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staticor, Popularity and Sore Eyes

Acersecomic

Enough is enough! Since Staticor has been buffed beyond proportions you can see one in nearly every round now! It used to be tolerable but now every mission is flashing and strobing like that episode of Pokemon! Enough, my eyes literaly hurt!

DE, please, do something about this nonsense. You've done it with Simulor, you can do it with this attack on the eyes as well.

1 hour ago, Wrennah said:

Mechanically, no it isn't. There's no longer any reason to charge up shots with it over senselessly spamming. 

Yeah. I mean come on, rapid fire 8m blast radius with really nice stats and it it doesn't come with a much needed epilepsy warning.

On 2018-11-26 at 5:30 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Staticor is fine.

People gliding over the battlefield, raining Staticor bolts like air strikes is highly annoying. It is OK when somebody is overzealous and does the job of 4 people, however after a while it can get boring. Not that the issue is exclusive to Staticor alone. The only thing am surprised is, that Staticor is not used in combination with Mirage that often.

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

People gliding over the battlefield, raining Staticor bolts like air strikes is highly annoying. It is OK when somebody is overzealous and does the job of 4 people, however after a while it can get boring. Not that the issue is exclusive to Staticor alone. The only thing am surprised is, that Staticor is not used in combination with Mirage that often.

Welcome to warframe?

Come on we have a bunch of death bringers, the sole reason why people use them is because we need harsh damage to deal with enemies and the grind.

I need to point out that just because something is capatable of melting mobs, especially on the starchart is not a reason to change something.

Its a shame what happened to the simulor, they not only nerfed it into the ground but also havent even attempted to fix the graphics issues with it.

Instead of various swirling strobes now to deal some damage you rapidly spam big bright splashes all over the screen.

Much improvement, wow.

If the visual effect was what you had a problem with, wouldn't you ask for that to be toned down? It seems more like you're looking for something to be mad about. This is how you end up with terrible nerfs like Blade Storm where people selfishly want something killed so it becomes unused. Blade Storm nerf was a mistake (now fixed). Simulor nerf was a mistake. Turn down your particle effects.

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

That’s because people learned their lesson with Simulor, using Mirage with anything AOE is liable to get that weapon nerfed somewhere down the line. 

1 hour ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Its a shame what happened to the simulor, they not only nerfed it into the ground but also havent even attempted to fix the graphics issues with it.

Instead of various swirling strobes now to deal some damage you rapidly spam big bright splashes all over the screen.

Much improvement, wow.

Not only that, enemies are staggered away when orbs combine into the mini-vortexes, thereby convincing players to keep firing to create more vortexes to compensate for the eventual damage loss/mitigation it creates itself with the Simulor weapons.

It’s really in a bad place tbh.

On 2018-11-26 at 12:55 PM, Viges said:

Yes, please - we really DO need more useless weapons.

Often I think how bad DE at balancing their own game. Then I read forums...:facepalm:

Simulor is far from useless. It scales way better than before, just requires manual activation to explode into a more dangerous explosion than pre 'nerf'.

Staticor was one of the strongest weapons in the game before the buff and it now does the same thing as before but in an aoe; it is op, cringe and epilepsy inducing.

The fact you or the majority can't seem to understand either of the previous concepts or have no knowledge of it doesn't turn your ignorance into facts.

So yes, forums are a good confirmation of the Pareto Principle, and you, son, just happen to be in the 80%.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Come on we have a bunch of death bringers, the sole reason why people use them is because we need harsh damage to deal with enemies and the grind.

I need to point out that just because something is capatable of melting mobs, especially on the starchart is not a reason to change something.

Problem is 8m explosion range on a rapid fire weapon, not that is can have giant range.
But the real issue is the flashing.

3 hours ago, Neightrix said:

If the visual effect was what you had a problem with, wouldn't you ask for that to be toned down? It seems more like you're looking for something to be mad about. This is how you end up with terrible nerfs like Blade Storm where people selfishly want something killed so it becomes unused. Blade Storm nerf was a mistake (now fixed). Simulor nerf was a mistake. Turn down your particle effects.

8m range on non-charged rapidfire attack is a problem. It's a strong weapon and the range is just insane for something like that. I'd like for my Ogris to be rapid-fire no-self-damage seisure-inducing weapon too. Let's see how that goes.
And this has nothing to do with particle effects, this existed long before they introduced a particle effects scaling. But before it wasn't a problem so much because Staticor was rarely used, until it got that 8m blast radius on regular fire. I sold mine 2 years ago because my eyes were hurting bad becauseof that weapon. Now that weapon is all over the place.

52 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I'd like for my Ogris to be rapid-fire no-self-damage seisure-inducing weapon too. Let's see how that goes.

You would be suprised how many times this was requested already.

54 minutes ago, Acersecomic said:

I sold mine 2 years ago because my eyes were hurting bad becauseof that weapon. Now that weapon is all over the place.

Once again it becomes apparent that you want DE to tone down the effect, so why are you requesting a nerf?

I dont want to be rude but you sound like that less intelligence than the avarage grineer guy from last year who said "I dont want Limbo to be nerfed, i just want DE to change him in a way less people would like to use him".

Can you cut the bull:poop: and tell us what you really want?

To nerf the weapon so less people use it OR to change the effect?

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Simulor is far from useless. It scales way better than before, just requires manual activation to explode into a more dangerous explosion than pre 'nerf'.

Yeah....sure. The fact that in warframe builder i need a riven with four +300% stats to reach the damage levels of an unrivened sybaris is surely just some calculation mistake, my weapon what was capatable of melting away the grineer up to lv 100 is now only weaker because i forgot how to use my mouse to click.

32 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Yeah....sure. The fact that in warframe builder i need a riven with four +300% stats to reach the damage levels of an unrivened sybaris is surely just some calculation mistake, my weapon what was capatable of melting away the grineer up to lv 100 is now only weaker because i forgot how to use my mouse to click.

You are either playing the scarecrow fallacy or are straight-out unable to read.

The singularity explosion was made 50% stronger and theoretically 25% faster; in practice though, since multishot didn't work and now does it was made 100% faster and on top of that, another 25%, since the amount of orbs required for full stack went down from 5 to 4 and the amount of shots that this requires went down from 5 to 2.

On top of that, it had laughable status which we all know is required to take down high lv armored enemies such as the ones you mention and it now has a very high base status chance of 35%.

I'm not saying there's no work to be done or that you forgot how to click, it simply scales a lot better and provides a way more engaging way to play.

They nerfed the orb stacking event which used to do a little less damage than the singularity explosion does nowadays, one could argue that the damage is even higher than before but the speed at which we deal it, is considerably slower.

Making the singularity explode an x amount of times based on the numbers of orbs used to generate it, as it used to do for a brief time post revamp is a great way to make the weapon better.

I must reiterate though that it does kill armored enemies of lv 100+ quicker than before; there are just better weapons.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Not only that, enemies are staggered away when orbs combine into the mini-vortexes, thereby convincing players to keep firing to create more vortexes to compensate for the eventual damage loss/mitigation it creates itself with the Simulor weapons.

It’s really in a bad place tbh.

This is by far the worst problem the weapon has, though not the only one.

As I said on my previous reply, making the singularity explode a total amount of times based on the number of orbs used to generate it would greatly improve its damage without creating the scenario where we erase the screen with the press of a button that DE so vigorously wants to avoid, and anyone that cares about balance, too.

Mirage orbs wouldn't count, just add the the damage.

6 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

It is op, cringe and epilepsy inducing.

The fact you or the majority can't seem to understand either of the previous concepts or have no knowledge of it doesn't turn your ignorance into facts.

OP = your opinion

Cringe = your opinion

Epilepsy inducing... unless you can cite any instance with a source where someone in game had an epileptic seizure do to Staticor = not even your opinion, just hyperbole.

What facts again?

7 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Simulor is far from useless.

lol

a more dangerous explosion than pre 'nerf'.

loool

It scales way better than before

LOOOOOOOL

The Simulor needed a nerf for sure, but DE absolutely gutted the poor thing.
The weapon's radius was nerfed noticeably, but the damage was effectively stomped on and then spat on by whoever was in charge of the nerf. Decreasing damage per click from ~200 to ~75-- while nerfing the radius, cutting crit chance in half, and switching the main damaging mechanic to a "stack->detonation" system where additional stacks past 4 don't even increase detonation damage-- is not "way better than before" and never will be.

On top of this, DE failed to fix all of the fundamental problems with the weapon:

• visual noise and awful sound effects
  • the fact that orb-merging can literally push enemies outside its damaging radius
  • the fact that the "vortex" DoT is incapable of producing procs (or, for that matter, meaningful amounts of damage)
  • the laughably low max stack count, which means that "shoot more boolet = deal more damage" isn't actually true for this weapon-- unlike literally any other weapon in literally any other game

Sorry, but I just get needlessly emotional whenever the SSimulor is brought up. It's the prime example of a weapon that was not properly balanced at any point in its existence-- it was too overpowered from the beginning, and practically useless after the nerf. Almost as if DE were punishing the weapon itself, instead of trying to make the game better.

It's weird to me how there are so many people in this thread who think SSimulor was OK pre-nerf or OK post-nerf.

Edited by SortaRandom

Try using the Synoid Simulor against Lv160-165 Corrupted Heavy Gunners modded for Corrosive in the Simulacrum. It barely deals damage, and there aren’t many reliable DoTs to substantiate proper armor stripping to warrant the Simulor family to be applicable for endgame purposes.

And before anyone says “endgame?” or “Lv 160-165?”: Going endless in Arbitrations.

However, I digress. The weapon is good for the purposes against Corpus and Infested, especially up to Wave 16 of an Arbitration Defense but this is with the +300% Simulor damage buff. And even then, up to wave 10-13 the damage falls off.

37 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

lol

loool

LOOOOOOOL

The Simulor needed a nerf for sure, but DE absolutely gutted the poor thing.
The weapon's radius was nerfed noticeably, but the damage was effectively stomped on and then spat on by whoever was in charge of the nerf. Decreasing damage per click from ~200 to ~75-- while nerfing the radius, cutting crit chance in half, and switching the main damaging mechanic to a "stack->detonation" system where additional stacks past 4 don't even increase detonation damage-- is not "way better than before" and never will be.

On top of this, DE failed to fix all of the fundamental problems with the weapon:

• visual noise and awful sound effects
  • the fact that orb-merging can literally push enemies outside its damaging radius
  • the fact that the "vortex" DoT is incapable of producing procs (or, for that matter, meaningful amounts of damage)
  • the laughably low max stack count, which means that "shoot more boolet = deal more damage" isn't actually true for this weapon-- unlike literally any other weapon in literally any other game

Sorry, but I just get needlessly emotional whenever the SSimulor is brought up. It's the prime example of a weapon that was not properly balanced at any point in its existence-- it was too overpowered from the beginning, and practically useless after the nerf. Almost as if DE were punishing the weapon itself, instead of trying to make the game better.

It's weird to me how there are so many people in this thread who think SSimulor was OK pre-nerf or OK post-nerf.

You gotta be careful when reading too much into anything, or getting too emotional as you addressed yourself.

Why do I say it? I agree with 95% of what you said, you laughed at the only parts of my reply that was not an opinion but a fact.

Is it useless? Well, low to mid lv the manual explosion of the singularity will create a scenario pretty similar to old simulor. I maxed one of the focus schools with mirage + similar on hydron very easily and in that range lv 30-50, the end result was pretty similar if you ignore the fact that alt fire sucks on controllers.

A more dangerous explosion? Well, it is lol, I didn't say it was enough or that that was the best way to approach it, but the explosion IS more dangerous, has 50% more base damage and gets fully charged with only 2 shots, whereas it needed 5 before. Whether people cared about exploding the singularity or not is another matter but it IS stronger lol. Don't read too much; as I said, I agree with almost all you said bar the laughs at the affirmations which don't represent an opinion, but a fact.

Does it scale better? Objective answer is yes and that's thanks to the buffed status chance. 

With all that out of the way let's move to your bullet points: I wholeheartedly agree with all of them. 

The 'nerf' into its screen clearing ability was called for but as you can see from the way I answered my own question slightly above, the intention at least was good, it was just terribly executed and lead into the things you mentioned.

8 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

You are either playing the scarecrow fallacy or are straight-out unable to read.

The singularity explosion was made 50% stronger and theoretically 25% faster; in practice though, since multishot didn't work and now does it was made 100% faster and on top of that, another 25%, since the amount of orbs required for full stack went down from 5 to 4 and the amount of shots that this requires went down from 5 to 2.

On top of that, it had laughable status which we all know is required to take down high lv armored enemies such as the ones you mention and it now has a very high base status chance of 35%.

I'm not saying there's no work to be done or that you forgot how to click, it simply scales a lot better and provides a way more engaging way to play.

They nerfed the orb stacking event which used to do a little less damage than the singularity explosion does nowadays, one could argue that the damage is even higher than before but the speed at which we deal it, is considerably slower.

Making the singularity explode an x amount of times based on the numbers of orbs used to generate it, as it used to do for a brief time post revamp is a great way to make the weapon better.

I must reiterate though that it does kill armored enemies of lv 100+ quicker than before; there are just better weapons.

Okay lets see the pure stats:

At max stack your orb deals 300 damage, this is a single time damage tick, to reach this you need to get 4 orbs merged. If we take into account all damage including the merges (20 first after 50 onward)  you will deal 470 damage.

Before the nerf the on the first stack you dealt 150 damage, then 250 from onward by the time you get 5 merges you have dealt 1150 damage already and if you blown it up you dealt total 1400 damage (250 explosion damage).

Looking at this i can conclude that the weapon deals 33% of the damage it could deal before nerf.

The decreased crit and the decreased max ammo also hurts it pretty bad and that 35% status chance is simply not enough to make this weapon relevant even in sorties.

8 hours ago, Acersecomic said:

NERF THE BLAST RANGE OF NON-CHARGED FIRE BECAUSE 8 METERS IS WAY TOO MUCH FOR A RAPID FIRING WEAPON.
REMOVE THE FLASHING EFFECT FROM WEAPON PROJECTILE EXPLOSIONS, AN EFFECT WHICH MAKES THE SCREEN FLASH EVERY TIME IT DETONATES IN A VERY VERY LITERALY EYE IRRITATING WAY AND LITERALY CAUSES MY EYES TO BE SORE AFTER NOT SPENDING EVEN 5 WAVES ON HYDRON WITH SOME SPAMMER!

Sorry but you repeatedly give the impression that you only want to nerf it because it annoys you just like the mentioned limbo guy who only wanted to change him because he didnt liked how he works.

Im personally happy that its finally worth using this weapon thought i still not use it much because honestly i have better secondaries.

As for the effect you are literally screaming into the void, DE doesnt tone down effects. It was clear with the simulor and how the second most complained problem with it was never even touched.