Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staticor, Popularity and Sore Eyes

Acersecomic

10 hours ago, (PS4)death404 said:

Epilepsy inducing... unless you can cite any instance with a source where someone in game had an epileptic seizure do to Staticor = not even your opinion, just hyperbole.

What facts again? 

IT LITERALY #*!%ING HURTS YOUR #*!%ING EYES!!!!
Oh wait, you're captain Facts. MY #*!%ING EYES!

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Sorry but you repeatedly give the impression that you only want to nerf it because it annoys you just like the mentioned limbo guy who only wanted to change him because he didnt liked how he works.

Im personally happy that its finally worth using this weapon thought i still not use it much because honestly i have better secondaries.

As for the effect you are literally screaming into the void, DE doesnt tone down effects. It was clear with the simulor and how the second most complained problem with it was never even touched.

And you give the impression of a person who is here just to give an opposite opinion for the sake of being opposite. I don't mind the weapon being "finaly worth using", I care about nmy god damn eyes and it not being a complete spamfest with a giant 8 fkin meter radius! THAT IS A PROBLEM! A PROBLEM. HOW DO YOU NOT SEE T... oh wait, it's because you're just to be against.

I'm getting super unhealthily pedantic here, but:

17 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

A more dangerous explosion? Well, it is lol, I didn't say it was enough or that that was the best way to approach it, but the explosion IS more dangerous, has 50% more base damage

This is technically correct but incredibly misleading.
Orb-merging (~200 damage over a constant 11m radius) used to be the weapon's primary source of damage, with detonations (50 damage over a constant 5m radius) being pitiful and negligible in comparison. The nerf completely neutered merging, with the detonations (now a whopping 50% stronger and ramping up to 8m! Yaaay!) being the only thing left.

and gets fully charged with only 2 shots, whereas it needed 5 before.

Honestly, I'm not sure how this is relevant to your point in the first place, considering that maxing out stacks didn't do anything for the weapon pre-nerf.
And even though multishot actually does something for your damage now (since it's currently the detonations that matter, not the merges), the reduced max stack count is a downside, not an upside. It only functions to lower the ceiling on how much damage your detonations can do. 

Does it scale better? Objective answer is yes and that's thanks to the buffed status chance. 

You'd be surprised.
If the SSimulor still did a tick of damage on every click over an 11m radius, then yeah, the status chance buff would be amazing. Problem is, the biggest source of damage is now detonations-- which effectively deal 1 tick of damage per 4 projectiles (assuming you want the detonation radius to ramp up all the way, which is really the only upside of letting orbs stack).
The merges can still tick, of course, but that's assuming they haven't already staggered enemies out of their tiny 5m reach. (A workaround for this is to add Blast to your build, so enemies get staggered to safety less often... but at the same time, this would decrease your Corrosive proc weight in the first place. Decisions, decisions.)

Also, multiple consecutive Blast procs have been broken for over a year now (in the sense that Blast won't knock down an enemy while a previous Blast proc icon is still above its head), but that's a different topic.

I mean, overall:
- the weapon deals barely a third of its pre-nerf damage per projectile
- it does this damage over a much tinier radius (which requires stacking to improve)
- it does this damage over fewer damage ticks, and therefore procs (which requires NOT stacking to improve)
- and on top of this, there's still that whole thing about max-stack orbs eating up new projectiles and making them useless.

I love the weapon to death, but the damn thing just works against itself in the most spectacular ways. I'm sorry, but I don't think that >tripling the status chance comes close to making up for nerf, let alone "objectively" so.

Edited by SortaRandom

I'd like to understand how aiming in the general direction of 20 enemies (lv < 150) and seeing all of them dying can be considered fun. Also since you can open every single container in the map just by spamming continuously and it's impossible to run out of ammo there's no reason to use any other weapon.