Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

corpus spying mission way too hard

(NSW)GAPSY

36 minutes ago, (NSW)GAPSY said:

corpus spying  is very hard to solve

You're talking about hacking?

Alas, that's just a matter of practice, I've heard that it's a bit tougher if you're not using a mouse
but players on other consoles / those that play on PC with a controller can manage well enough,
so unless I'm missing something about Switch controllers, the same should hold true there.

Try solving the outer ring first by finding a three-way piece (those can only fit in one position),
go around from there, then just quickly spin to win the middle piece, done.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)GAPSY said:

extend the time

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Intruder

😛

Corpus puzzles are easy, they are not affected by frame-rate like Grineer timing ones are. Always solve the outer ring first -- there is only ever one "correct" way to do it. Then just spam turn the inner circle until you solve it. Bam, done quick, just takes practice.

On switch, Ive played solid since release, so far corpus hacking is impossible for me. I will not be able to attempt sorties.

I play accounts on ps4 and use xbox controller on pc and though sometimes hacking goes a bit wonky on controller, I still manage sortie spy on those platforms.

But on Switch I am failing Grineer hacks and even simple Corpus hacks.

I have been using both handheld and joycon. I do not have a pro con (maybe that would help)? I cant say.

I hate to admit I had to use ciphers to pass the mr5 test. Lol the shame.

Problem is that I cant get the hack to stay on the segment I want. It jumps from segment to segment or I cant select the segment at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-11-26 at 11:13 PM, (NSW)RabidSkag said:

On switch, Ive played solid since release, so far corpus hacking is impossible for me. I will not be able to attempt sorties.

I play accounts on ps4 and use xbox controller on pc and though sometimes hacking goes a bit wonky on controller, I still manage sortie spy on those platforms.

But on Switch I am failing Grineer hacks and even simple Corpus hacks.

I have been using both handheld and joycon. I do not have a pro con (maybe that would help)? I cant say.

I hate to admit I had to use ciphers to pass the mr5 test. Lol the shame.

Problem is that I cant get the hack to stay on the segment I want. It jumps from segment to segment or I cant select the segment at all.

^THIS! I find joystick selection for corpus hacking to be nothing short of infuriating. I cannot get the selection to stay on a single tile no matter how still i hold the joystick. It will jump around to adjacent tiles, rotating those which I have already lined up to solve the puzzle. I then have to go back to realign the tile and in the process of doing so I inadvertently misaligned other tiles and so on and so forth. I think it's pretty obvious this makes hacking absolutely impossible.

I cannot understand why the decision was not made to have the joystick toggle between tiles instead of having to hold it in the direction of the tile you want to rotate. Why hold? Why create more potential for error by requiring sustained input, a dimension of manipulation that doesn't even exist in the PC version of the game. You chose the possibility that is the most difficult to control for a console user in my opinion.

The current method requires me to be able to produce even more precision with a joystick than I do on PC with a mouse in the same amount of time because if that stick moves even a millimeter the mission has essentially failed. I don't think this is a matter of practice as I have been trying to "get better" at this issue for the past 2 days by hacking every corpus terminal i can get my hands on with no visible improvement and have failed the rank 5 test 2 days in a row because of this issue. 

This isn't an issue that should be overlooked and require the player to come up with a workaround as several have mentioned above because a workaround is not required on PC. I would therefore argue that the mechanism allowing the player to interact with the interface is not functioning as originally intended and must be reexamined.

Note: Hacks that are less than 7 tiles do not seem to be much of an issue.

Edited by EntityEnigma
curbing my frustration in an attempt to adhere to posting guidelines

Day 3

I decided to bring along a cypher for the last hack to get the challenge done so I could keep progressing and just not have to deal with this anymore. To my dismay the cypher automatically hacked the first terminal the moment I activated it and again I was S#&$ out of luck.

Is this how cyphers are supposed to work? If so, I would need to make 6 cyphers to hack all 6 terminals in order to be able to use one on the last terminal. I notice that there is an option to use a cypher by hitting X at the bottom of the screen during hacks so it seems like this should not be the case. My context button is bound to X at the moment so the only other possibility I can think of is that by hitting X to activate the terminal it simultaneously uses the cypher? This seems extremely sloppy though on the part of the developer and I can't imagine that this would be the case either...

On 2018-12-07 at 3:47 PM, EntityEnigma said:

Day 3

I decided to bring along a cypher for the last hack to get the challenge done so I could keep progressing and just not have to deal with this anymore. To my dismay the cypher automatically hacked the first terminal the moment I activated it and again I was S#&$ out of luck.

Is this how cyphers are supposed to work? If so, I would need to make 6 cyphers to hack all 6 terminals in order to be able to use one on the last terminal. I notice that there is an option to use a cypher by hitting X at the bottom of the screen during hacks so it seems like this should not be the case. My context button is bound to X at the moment so the only other possibility I can think of is that by hitting X to activate the terminal it simultaneously uses the cypher? This seems extremely sloppy though on the part of the developer and I can't imagine that this would be the case either...

It shouldn't auto hack without you choosing to use a cipher, so maybe that awkward millimetre movement you mentioned above somewhere has actually chosen to use it. If its being this finnicky, maybe just make 6 ciphers to get the test done. By the time you reach sorties where you can't use them, it might be fixed lol

I had to rebind the button to stop the issue from happening actually. Intruder just kinda gave me more time to watch the tile selection keep spazzing out. I'm starting to get used to it but it's still just so much harder than on PC. Guess that's how its gonna be. Thx for tryin to be helpful guys.

I play Switch, and I just use the Mod that increases the time needed to solve them. I'm kind of new, but I've been doing some mad ones recently by accidentally doing harder missions or being dragged through by friends for certain rewards they wanted. I think it's fine on Switch, the only problem I find is that the left stick finds it difficult to stay directly on the symbol I'm turning.

If touchscreen could be used, by God would that make it immediately better.

Practice, practice, practice. That is what is needed here. Also, you'll likely want to wait for the controller bug fix that's coming soon as it hopes to deal with the delay we suffer from when doing the Grineer timing puzzles. While I play with the joycons connected to the controller grip most of the time, I've heard the pro controller helps a lot with control in Warframe. May want to look into that at some point.