Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)ExCuTTioN

Best all around status effect?

Question

So till now I was running an arca plasmor with rad and corrosive but I've been hitting some walls regarding corpus enemies.

I was wondering if there is another status effect instead of corrosive with good results vs any enemy.

10 answers to this question

I'd say Viral, but since you're running viral and radiation, you'll do minimal dmg against infested....corrosive really is the better option here, but making another configuration is the better option here....for your plasmor anyway 

I'd say go with corrosive+cold if you can? cold can do some good against corpus  

Run Viral if you have a slash weapon with good status. 

Run Corrsive if you don't. 

Run Gas on everything else. 

Status is kinda faction specific. There really is no universal end all be all status. I mean one could make a case for just slash. But I'm assuming OP means elemental. 

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

"Status effect"? Then Slash, given it completely ignores armour/shield.

Status are the slash, impact etc? My bad then, I meant corrosive, viral and the rest

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

Status are the slash, impact etc? My bad then, I meant corrosive, viral and the rest

Elemental damage then. :tongue:

Rad/Viral outperforms corrosive/blast, and gas/mag is almost useless cause zero CC.

if I had to pick only one elemental status effect I would pick Rad. Confuses everyone and negates Anchient auras

21 minutes ago, (PS4)ExCuTTioN said:

another status effect with good results vs any enemy.

There isn't one. That's why we have Config options. Enemies have different weaknesses, weak to the many damage types in the game. So make different configs and switch configs when fighting various factions.

Check out the "Overview table" here https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage

Arca plasmor works best with rad/viral.  it doesnt hit enough times fast enough for corrosive to do it's thing effectively.  even if corrosive/blast is a tonne of fun throwing everyone everywhere.

Just now, LarryYourWaiter said:

Arca plasmor works best with rad/viral.  it doesnt hit enough times fast enough for corrosive to do it's thing effectively.  even if corrosive/blast is a tonne of fun throwing everyone everywhere.

I will second the fun factor of a corrosive/blast Arca Plasmor dispite rad/viral being the better combo

Heres my normal setup

Grineer: Radiation for shotguns, single shot weapons, or slow firing weapons, Corrosive for fast firing weapons

Corpus: Viral for everything, unless you have problems with shields, then use magnetic, but you shouldnt have to.

Infested: Corrosive for everything, it takes the ancients, boilers and brood mothers down quick, same goes for a lot of the mutalist guys. If you can, get fire too, it does a lot of damage to the fodder, like chargers and runners.

Orokin: Radiation or Corrosive. Most orokin are just grineer, and grineer are SUPER weak to radiation (They arent weak to corrosive, the only one that is weak to it is the heavy gunner, but all armor is weak to corrosive of course, so it still works. They ARE strong against radiation tho, so be careful.), and corrosive also works against them and the ancient healers.