Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Ocucor is too weak for its MR and resource cost

Futurehero

Not sure how 'weak it is', only just got it and not spent any time with it, but I did notice from first impressions that it really could do with a larger magazine, it burns through its 40 ammo far too quickly for the type of weapon it is. 

I don't judge a weapon based around the use of mods so I'm not going to say a weapon is good if it's 'forcing' me to use a full set of synth mods to make it good.

Edited by LSG501

9 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Not sure how 'weak it is', only just got it and not spent any time with it, but I did notice from first impressions that it really could do with a larger magazine, it burns through its 40 ammo far too quickly for the type of weapon it is. 

I don't judge a weapon based around the use of mods so I'm not going to say a weapon is good if it's 'forcing' me to use a full set of synth mods to make it good.

I put 6 forma into it and have a riven that gives ~200% bonus damage and ~120% bonus multishot.  Even with that it struggles with killing level 60 enemies, let alone high levels.

Magazine capacity is too low, reload speed is too long.

As for the Synth Mod set.

The pistol one is hilariously missmatched to this weapon.

-  + damage on the last shot of the magazine, when the entire point of the set bonus is you'll never have to expend that last shot , since that's how you lose the extra tendrils.

-  Even worse, that last shot is one measly tick of damage from a beam weapon, instead of..... a shot from a Lex. 

This weapon is significantly underpowered.

This weapon needs help.

Il y a 14 heures, Futurehero a dit :

~120% bonus multishot.  Even with that it struggles with killing level 60 enemies

One of the reasons the ocucor is so weak: the multishot is bugged. The beam's damage receives only 50% of the multishot mods values, and the tendrils damage ignore them completely. Also, when the tendrils and the beam hit the same target , the tendrils won't damage it at all and won't cause any additional status proc. Reports here.

Fixing damage bugs would help, but the way the weapon works is still a very limiting factor: the higher the enemy level, the more ammo it takes to kill them, and the less benefit we get from the tendrils. So we can't really use them when we need them the most. The "holster relaoding" mods can somewhat remediate that, but it feels forced and they're too annoying to use.

Alternatives to the "spawn on kill" mechanic of the tendrils have been suggested, like a timer on kill, or partially refilling the magazine on kill, etc.

Other feedback threads:

Edited by Robolaser