Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remake Dread bow, its prettybad longterm weapon.

(PSN)santospizarro

it has annoying sound effects, and also it doesnt really multi-shot, i am unable to get more output with this at rank 30, maybe its because i dont have a forma, but i dont think i can get much more with all the maximum speed/rate mods i have and multishot, its totally bad, enemies just dont die, and the arrows are unimpresive, - paragraph- some ideas are that the bow could natively deal its own fear/dread effect and shoot out in a laser pattern, not toxic, but maybe it have some special effect for enemies and guardians who use it or get hit under no armor/ low hp. -paragraph 3 -if posible add some secondary function and charge up animations / passive radar effects as a minimal improvement, the rank ups should include new arrow/heads, and also new mods to keep players interested, its a really awful weapon right now, especially without forma. ----end---- lets come up with something that can enhance the future of the dread bow and its arrows so that it can become something to talk about, and equip, also banshee so far its pretty awful.

The Dread is a killer of a weapon, it’s probably not performing well for you likely because you have the wrong mods equipped to make it an unstoppable weapon. For me I have 0 forma on my Dread and it can pretty much kill any enemy in it’s way with any to no problems at all.

But, like, mine can deal with level 100+ bombards without too much hassle?

Add as much Crit as you can. Even your basic Point Strike will push it into guaranteed crits territory. Combine that with great Slash Damage and Hunter Munitions for sufficiently consistent slash procs, follow up with viral for S***s and giggles and watch your enemies pin to walls when you headshot them.

1 hour ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

it doesnt really multi-shot

i am unable to get more output with this at rank 30, maybe its because i dont have a forma, but i dont think i can get much more with all the maximum speed/rate mods i have and multishot, its totally bad, enemies just dont die, and the arrows are unimpresive

some ideas are that the bow could natively deal its own fear/dread effect and shoot out in a laser pattern, not toxic, but maybe it have some special effect for enemies and guardians who use it or get hit under no armor/ low hp. -paragraph 3 -if posible add some secondary function and charge up animations / passive radar effects as a minimal improvement, the rank ups should include new arrow/heads, and also new mods to keep players interested, its a really awful weapon right now, especially without forma. ----end---- lets come up with something that can enhance the future of the dread bow and its arrows so that it can become something to talk about, and equip, also banshee so far its pretty awful.

Multi-Shot works on Bows just fine. what are you talking about?

all Weapons kinda suck without Mods, and no Forma means very few Mods. not to mention that apparently you're putting a bunch of Speed Mods on, using up your Mod Points?
have you tried putting Damage Mods on if your Weapons aren't dealing enough Damage?

all of these suggestions would be better suited for several new Weapons.

Edited by taiiat

I am not sure what you meant as weak, 
this build 1 arrow skewered and killed 3 level 125 corrupted bombard.
2 forma build I think, already a bare minimum compared to other weapons needing 4 - 5 forma to do the same.

Bow's multishot do apply, without Heavy Caliber the arrows stack together looking like one arrow, 
but upon impact on target you see 2 damage number appearing.

I don't recommend Heavy Caliber unless you are planning to use with Mirage's hall of mirror
at which even the clone's arrow will still kill low - medium level enemies easily

latest?cb=20171007154447latest?cb=20171007154746latest?cb=20171106185456latest?cb=20180501172657

latest?cb=20180501171645latest?cb=20181012233807latest?cb=20171030145723latest?cb=20180501170422

Note - Dread being main in slash damage makes it very weak against high armor enemies, 
Hunter Munition's slash proc bypasses armor and deal a lot of damage + dread being a high crit weapon.

With it being single shot single target without a full charge, you should at least allocate one mod to fire rate
just so the punch through upon full charge can be used to hit multiple enemies standing in a single file 
(this is very common in this game since enemies bunch up and horde a lot)

Purpose of this build
Over 100% crit with point strike, every shot is a crit upon full charge

150% multishot,
on instances the 100% applies you get 2 arrows, 2x 30% = 60% chance of activating Hunter Munitions.
on instances the additional 50% applies (average out 1 out of 2 arrows) will be 3x30% = 90% chance of activating Hunter Munitions

Since Dread is a slash based weapon, hammer shot will increase chance of slash proc
(that doesn't hurt as much as Hunter Munitions slash proc)
While increasing crit damage dealt to target.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

12 hours ago, (PS4)santospizarro said:

it has annoying sound effects, and also it doesnt really multi-shot, i am unable to get more output with this at rank 30, maybe its because i dont have a forma, but i dont think i can get much more with all the maximum speed/rate mods i have and multishot, its totally bad, enemies just dont die, and the arrows are unimpresive, - paragraph- some ideas are that the bow could natively deal its own fear/dread effect and shoot out in a laser pattern, not toxic, but maybe it have some special effect for enemies and guardians who use it or get hit under no armor/ low hp. -paragraph 3 -if posible add some secondary function and charge up animations / passive radar effects as a minimal improvement, the rank ups should include new arrow/heads, and also new mods to keep players interested, its a really awful weapon right now, especially without forma. ----end---- lets come up with something that can enhance the future of the dread bow and its arrows so that it can become something to talk about, and equip, also banshee so far its pretty awful.

dont know how your using it but it very good. get better results when hs enemies 

Dread is my favorite bow, you wanna tussle bro? You... you wanna tussle?

Jokes aside, this is a sign that the game is severely lacking in a modding guide for newer players. Enough for someone to make a forum post about.

How was he supposed to know anyway. The way I learned proper modding was through leyzar. Highly reccommend his weapon guides.

Have fun grinding, tenno :D

Why the heck are people putting Hunters Munitions on the Dread?  It's a wasted mod slot IMO.  The Dread already innately does about the same amount of slash procs with it's default status chance.  

Just increase it's status chance with Hammer Shot or 60/60 elementals if you're including elementals in your build.  Either of those would give a better result than hunters on the Dread.  

1 minute ago, DatDarkOne said:

Why the heck are people putting Hunters Munitions on the Dread?  It's a wasted mod slot IMO.  The Dread already innately does about the same amount of slash procs with it's default status chance.  

Just increase it's status chance with Hammer Shot or 60/60 elementals if you're including elementals in your build.  Either of those would give a better result than hunters on the Dread.  

But ... but muh two simultaneous procs from one arrow!

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Multishot.

edit: You have to remember that Hunters only gives a 30% chance to proc not guaranteed proc on crit.  This is virtually no different than having 30% status chance without Hunters on the Dread.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Multishot.

There's already both primary multishot mods in that build up there.

It was a joke to begin with. I use two 60/60 to get Viral on Dread instead of the Hammer Shot and HM.

I don´t get why people praising Dread here. Sure it´s totally viable but so are most of the weapons in this game. Medicore dps, riven disposition and projectile travel time nothing special. Bows are cool no doupt but rifles or sniper are far more efficient.

Edited by Arcira

8 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have tested this extensively on weapons regarding Hunter Munitions effect.
On crit - 30% chance to deal "true damage slash proc"

AND YES, if what I am saying is true, any weapon with a high enough crit chance is viable 
for a Hunter Munitions build with little to no regard for physical damage distribution, 

Puncture based Tiberon Prime, Vectis Prime, Snipetron Vandal are all capable of
activating Hunter Munitions, it means Paris Prime and Dread can use the same build.

(I even tested Hunter Munition on Ignis and Torid, which they do not have slash damage of any sort, 
but will still do the slash proc upon crit)

This means Lanka will also be able to use Hunter Munitions.

the characteristic of Hunter Munitions effect is the total combined damage will be taken into account 
while ignoring armor,

meaning those slash proc tick is going to be in 18,000 range per tick for a Vectis Prime
While Dread is going to tick about 9 - 10k per tick.

a 2x 60% Corrosive build or other elemental, even Viral is weak without Hunter Munitions

Dread's slash proc by default does less damage than Hunter Munitions 
The Dread's normal slash proc is significantly weaker against armored unit, which IMO is the only weak aspect of this weapon
without a Hunter Munitions build.

This "true damage slash proc" is what a HM build is all about, since the 150% multishot is only helping to increase the odds of triggering
the effect.

8 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

And this ^

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

7 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

snip

Hunter Munition is better suited for weapons with high firerate (because of the way procs work) in my opinion. On Dread or other bows this mod is very inconsistent.

Also there are better alternatives even in terms of dps especially if you have access to a riven mod there isn´t really capacity for this one.

10 minutes ago, Arcira said:

Hunter Munition is better suited for weapons with high firerate (because of the way procs work) in my opinion. On Dread or other bows this mod is very inconsistent.

Also there are better alternatives even in terms of dps especially if you have access to a riven mod there isn´t really capacity for this one.

50C0ADD19F2C4829B0DCFAB4AE10DB09F56FEC37

1922FE9518A4D987B295ABFE5972789DD4CB59B7

One thing I like to point out is the slash ticks will be based on the total damage output,

while high fire rate weapons does help, so theoretically a Soma Prime would be top of the HM build list, 
yet the lowered base damage on semi auto or even full auto weapons will contribute to a lower tick from the slash proc.
Meaning while you see a lot of tick going on, a lot of time those numbers are not as high as Vectis Prime or Dread 

the 150% multishot is getting the proc quite consistently with enough crit chance,
so even for single shot weapon it is 1 out of 2 will trigger the slash proc
since it is multishot it is possible to see one of the 2 - 3 arrows triggering the HM proc
and those numbers typically mean the target will be left to bleed to death.

Hunter Munition is significantly cheaper than a Riven to buy, or 
even farm for one, while being applicable to all primaries, it might be a good mod option to keep
until the eventuality of a Riven.

5 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

snip

It isn´t really the dps rather then the rng factor that bothers me. After some time you will have the same results in overall damage from slow and high fire rate if the base damage is the same. However you lack control over the distribution it´s much more impactful to "waste" your proc on a trash mob or lack them on a heavy unit compared to a weapon with smaller but more consistent hits.

Same for Multishot. 150% is a rather unfortunate value for bows as well because you just have a 50% chance for a 3rd projectile in which case your rng heavily affects your dps. At least Dread can have 100%+ crit chance easily. On some other bows you have to handle 3 layer of rng without riven mod which makes predicting or even testing your average damage output nearly impossible.