Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Conclave from the Game

Alphas

Lets be real.  There can't be more than 100 people that actually enjoy playing conclave.  The PvP in Warframe is complete trash.  The networking doesn't work half the time and the player movement is too fast to make gunplay fun.  Latency issues plague pretty much every match.  There are times where I nail someone in the head 5 times with my sniper and none of the shots register.  The gameplay sucks, the movement systems of Warframe don't mesh well with a PvP game-mode.  The weapons are horribly inconsistent.  It takes forever to get into any kind of match because the playercount is so pathetically low.  I've been grinding to Typhoon for over a year now and I'm only just about to hit Hurricane because whenever I jump on, nobody is playing and I can't earn standing.  There are an assload of cosmetics from skins, to sigils, to complete armor sets that are locked away behind Conclave and hardly anybody has them.

Conclave should just be completely removed from the game, or at the very least, have every reward associated with it, removed and shuffled into something else.

4 minutes ago, Alphas said:

Lets be real.  There can't be more than 100 people that actually enjoy playing conclave.  The PvP in Warframe is complete trash.  The networking doesn't work half the time and the player movement is too fast to make gunplay fun.  Latency issues plague pretty much every match.  There are times where I nail someone in the head 5 times with my sniper and none of the shots register.  The gameplay sucks, the movement systems of Warframe don't mesh well with a PvP game-mode.  The weapons are horribly inconsistent.  It takes forever to get into any kind of match because the playercount is so pathetically low.  I've been grinding to Typhoon for over a year now and I'm only just about to hit Hurricane because whenever I jump on, nobody is playing and I can't earn standing.  There are an assload of cosmetics from skins, to sigils, to complete armor sets that are locked away behind Conclave and hardly anybody has them.

Conclave should just be completely removed from the game, or at the very least, have every reward associated with it, removed and shuffled into something else.

If you don't like conclave, don't play conclave. Wanting its community to lose it, however small that community is, is just silly.

On 2018-11-25 at 12:42 AM, Alphas said:

The PvP in Warframe is complete trash.

Latency issues plague pretty much every match.
the movement systems of Warframe don't mesh well with a PvP game-mode.

i would prefer to remove the toxicness, and that toxicness is you.
i'm sorry that Conclave asks too much of you as a Player and you therefore don't like it. you aren't required to play it to progress in the game. if you're not interested in mastering the gameplay elements it asks you to master, that's ok.
sure, there's some things that haven't been fixed yet (like certain Melee Weapon options, the rest know which ones i'm talking about), people farming Energy, having Damage Types making some Weapons just superior to others... but overall it is very functional as long as you're not going to blame the game for things that aren't its fault.

idunno where you're playing from, but Latency seems to be pretty acceptable (on par with other Shooters).
the Player Movement in Warframe is exactly what makes Conclave interesting - it's actually different from other Shooters instead of just being the usual hold W point and click adventure people are used to.

Yes, toss it out, but use the new obstacle course rooms and take it in the direction of Halo's Forge...Players who enjoy PVP if given some tools and assets can generate some interesting game modes...and it would be one more perk for larger clans with recruitment using showcased content by the community managers...

Can you imagine the Lunaro courses players could create if given the freedom to do so?

But as for Conclave consider PVP side by side modes rather than head on death match conflicts that PVE players avoid... experimenting beyond what every other game has in the same old same old..or pull it out and use the space for new Raids, new dark sectors, or whatever...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

14 hours ago, (PS4)ShikiAoi said:

More like rework the whole PVP 

It's not particularly easy and worthwhile to do. If the game was built for pvp from ground up, and had pve enemies added to work with the pvp mechanics and rules - sure, that might have worked. Of course any pvp-viable game requires powerful dedicated servers to level the playing field. You can't have peer2peer pvp, it's asinine. But if DE attempt to reinvent conclave properly right now it'll take away whatever resources they have (already stretched thin) and force them to literally rework every single mechanic in the game just to fit this particular game mode. It's what they've been trying to accomplish by balancing conclave, but it's like making a game within a game. And DE already have a bad habit of creating assets from ground up never to be used for anything but one or two game modes, or some very specific situations.

15 hours ago, Alphas said:

the player movement is too fast to make gunplay fun.

It's exactly the same movement system we use in pve :facepalm:

There are times where I nail someone in the head 5 times with my sniper and none of the shots register. 

Then you're actually missing those shots since hits are registered client side.

The gameplay sucks, the movement systems of Warframe don't mesh well with a PvP game-mode.

Mandatory "adapt and improve" (aka git gud)

The gameplay sucks.

It's the same gameplay as warframe, but against enemies that can be actually challenging with no need of becoming bullet sponges. 

The weapons are horribly inconsistent.

Conclave feedback subforum exists for you to give examples of these instead of giving blanket statements without any kind of example to back it up or find out what you actually mean.

I've been grinding to Typhoon for over a year now and I'm only just about to hit Hurricane

I've been playing casually for a few months and have already reached typhoon, so i politely disagree.

whenever I jump on, nobody is playing and I can't earn standing.

So you want to remove the fun of other players simply because you can't play it instead of trying stuff lime increasing your ping limit, trying different zones or at other times of the day to increase your changes of finding matches.

have every reward associated with it, removed and shuffled into something else.

Are you telling that having to play conclave to get conclave rewards that show the conclave logo everywhere in order to show support for the conclave is a bad thing?

Conclave rewards are there to encourage players to play conclave, putting them somewhere else makes nothing but defeat that purpose.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I agree, Conclave is more like a hindrance than an addition.

We used to think the same about consoles when warframe announced the intentions of going to them.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

With the difference being, we aren't, and we give de more money. Conclave on the other hand doesn't give de a single cent, yet they provide fixes and changes aka development time that could've been spent somewhere else where it's needed. 

That's exactly the point. Warframe has the potential to blow every single game out of business if they invest in PvP. It adds endless replayability for really low effort, giving us, players, something to do even during the so called content droughts between big updates.

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'm pretty sure de won't risk that, because the majority is here for PvE content.. if they heavily invest into PvP, but only 100 people of millions enjoy it, will just.. you know..

You can be sure that there is more than 100 people enjoying conclave out there. Investing on conclave would also serve to attract new players who don't care about a mind numbing carebear game but still look for fast paced pvp, creating more revenue in the long term.

2 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Yeah, for the time it takes DE to bring new stuff to consoles, PC players are already complaining about the lack of challenging content or at least new things to do in game.

Maybe because most of the "new" stuff DE brings on is just copy-paste re-hashed, re-painted content? Or maybe because its just downright bad? Or both?

A few examples from this year:

-Kuva Survival: copy-pasted assets from excavation shoved into the kuva tileset. Lackluster rewards. No lore added into it. Literally nothing new added to the game except for being able to get kuva outside siphons and even so players get rewarded such small ammount of it that they just don't play it.

-Sanctuary Onslaught: a re-painted survival game mode that turned into the worst meta-specific power-creep in this game. Ok-ish rewards. They literally scrapped all Khora lore hype/build up.

-Arbitrations: literally the SAME missions we are doing over and over again since the tutorial levels, except for a few gimmicks and the epitome of artificial difficulty in the form of arbitration drones (which are just a floating copy-paste of the Arbiter's helmets). Trash-tier rewards specially giving into consideration its a "veteran" aimed game mode. Slower scaling than other missions.

And I could go on with other stuff. None of the content that DE has added this year, with the exception of Fortuna, is able to retain the attention of players. Specially when the rewards are so trash-tier. So yeah, of course that people will play Kuva Survival for a few weeks and then say they have nothing else to do in Warframe because that's the truth. No one wants to play almost an hour worth of the same boring survival missions to in the end get the same amount of Kuva they could get within 30 minutes. No one wants to use the same "nuke the entire room" sort of Warframes over and over again to get their 120th "Grineer Sealab Captura Scene". No one wants to play one hour+ of Arbitrations with slower than normal scaling and boring "drones" of stupidity to get 4 ayatan sculptures (the meme reward from sorties), 2000 endo (out of 400k endo they already own) and a downright bad mod that no one ever uses.

The only problem with the Conclave I see is the lack of any good matchmaking.

You want to have some fun in Annihilation? You want to get used to Conclave mechanics? It would be a shame if someone with KD of 4.0 would storm in.

There's little to no fun when said PvP vet with KD of 4.0 steamrolls everyone else in the match. They can defend themselves any way they want, but the truth is, in such scenario, no one's having fun but the veterans, and the results are pretty predictable: players either start accusing vets for hacks/cheats/S#&$bucketing etc. or they just leave and never come back leaving other players and newcomers at their mercy. And what else this gives us? It gives us a reality where Conclave vets keep preying on the weak.

To put it simple and short:

1. Veterans keep dominating
  2. Players below vet's experience get steamrolled
  3. The same players eventually get fed up and leave
  4. Veterans aren't going anywhere
  5. New players join Coinclave
  6. New players get simpley vaporized by Conclave veterans's look
  7. Feedback and complaints are happening across the forums/reddit/twitter/facebook etc.
  8. Players don't see any changes/attention to said problems
  9. Playes forget about Conclave's existence
  10. Veterans aren't going anywhere
  11. People are wondering why Conclave is bad

The fact that there are also Conclave tasks and challenges is not helping at all, it only fuels players' frustration.

The other moment: so-called Conclave toxicity.

In all fairness, most of the toxic stuff I've experienced in Conclave since it's 2.0 version comes from new players (at least for EU server before we got player-hosted servers, after that it was mostly from low-MR players). Sure there were all the kinds of MLGPROs, edgelords and just trolls, but they were like a 1% of total number of players. Meanwhile the new players were blaming everyone and everything for their failures refusing to learn about Conclave's features and mechanics, even when you were trying to help them explaining mechanics and tricks. It's Warframe, if you run on the ground with your gun not using any 'parkour' tricks while seeing that others do the opposite, and you still think it's just another third-person online shooter and it's not balanced, because you refuse to adapt... welp.

P.s. the idea of the Corpus vs. Grineer PvP was good and pretty popular. Until DE came up with Teshin and his stuff. It's hard to believe they will throw him and lore part out of the window to make old dreams come true.

Edited by Thundervision

23 hours ago, AdunSaveMe said:

If you don't like conclave, don't play conclave. Wanting its community to lose it, however small that community is, is just silly.

Conclave is a fundamentally broken game-mode with a S#&$ ton of cosmetic rewards locked behind it.  I want those rewards, but it REALLY wears on me when I'm getting constantly hit by knockdown from a #*!%ing Sydon while I'm aim gliding through the air.  This game does NOT work well with PvP.  Either it goes or it gets fixed.

Id love to see DE try to put a game mode in that draws inspiration from Destinys Gambit. Something that pits 2 teams against each other primarily by performing some PVE activities, with the occasional circumstance that invokes a PVP scenario. 

Edited by Dosed11

4 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Kuva Survival: copy-pasted assets from excavation shoved into the kuva tileset. Lackluster rewards. No lore added into it. Literally nothing new added to the game except for being able to get kuva outside siphons and even so players get rewarded such small ammount of it that they just don't play it.

The HILARIOUS thing about that is people ASKED for this exact thing repeatedly right down to the "less kuva than a siphon mission ro balancd it out" and now people dont even bother. 

I argued against that very request because the request was a waste of time and resources, people will always gravitate to the most efficient method of grinding fun be damned.

4 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

None of the content that DE has added this year, with the exception of Fortuna, is able to retain the attention of players.

Now would this be because people go right towarda the meta frames and comps, over powered weapons and busted strategies to beat down any concept of difficulty.

Ive never seen anyone come up with a "difficult" mode that isnt immediately torn to pieces by the games own power creep beyond making basic mobs and up just disgustingly over powered to ATTEMPT to counter the players bullS#&$.

On 2018-11-26 at 1:04 AM, (PS4)psycofang said:

The HILARIOUS thing about that is people ASKED for this exact thing repeatedly right down to the "less kuva than a siphon mission ro balancd it out" and now people dont even bother. 

I argued against that very request because the request was a waste of time and resources, people will always gravitate to the most efficient method of grinding fun be damned.

Now would this be because people go right towarda the meta frames and comps, over powered weapons and busted strategies to beat down any concept of difficulty.

Ive never seen anyone come up with a "difficult" mode that isnt immediately torn to pieces by the games own power creep beyond making basic mobs and up just disgustingly over powered to ATTEMPT to counter the players bullS#&$.

People asked for it to not be objectively superior to Siphons, not to offer joke rewards and yield kuva at 50% of the speed. Those are completely different things.

And how do you know that "everyone" do what you claimed people to do? Do you have a crystal ball?

SO has its own power creep because it offers ZERO player creativity towards gaining efficiency. It's just "kill everything" as fast as you can. A good game designer would make it so Frames with CC, stealth, support, etc capabilities would be at least a liiiiitle bit behind room nukers.

Eidolons have that static team setting for a similar reason. There is no synergy as how the boss will behave against different frames abilities. It's just "deal one billion damage against those eidolon parts and you're good to go".

On 2018-11-26 at 1:10 AM, Nitro747 said:

People asked for it to not be objectively superior to Siphons, not to offer joke rewards and yield kuva at 50% of the speed. Those are completely different things.

Ita really not, if you want an alternative mode and ask for it to be balanced this is what youll get, less than siphons and not as efficient.

And how do you know that "everyone

Oh god did you actually go for that low hanging fruit? Obviously everyone is a generalization specifically distinct to the threads and posts that asked.

Obviously you knew that but had to try and go for a non existent jab to prove nothing because why not.

Like i said if they gave the same reward people will go for the fastest one (siphons), if people mathed out that excavators are the fastest and safest method siphons get abandoned quick. 

A good game designer would make it so Frames with CC, stealth, support, etc capabilities would be at least a liiiiitle bit behind room nukers.

And now i ask -how- do you modify this game mode so CCers and stealth frames stay a "little" behind nukers? 

How would the point structure fuction that would somehow prevent a nuker from further speeding ahead?

Whats in place to prevent complete abuse of this new system if you have a mixed comp?

Youre 2 steps from forming another meta.

On 2018-11-24 at 9:42 PM, Alphas said:

Latency issues plague pretty much every match. 

I think it's funny how on another thread you recognize the issue is actually on your end:

10 hours ago, Alphas said:

I don't have a very good internet connection, so I normally just play solo.

No matter the game, latency issues will always plague every single match as long as you have a bad/slow internet. Go get a better internet connection, instead of asking for the removal of content just because you can't get some useless cosmetics while disregarding the fun this mode can provide to other people.

Edited by Stormdragon

54 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

I think it's funny how on another thread you recognize the issue is actually on your end:

No matter the game, latency issues will always plague every single match as long as you have a bad/slow internet. Go get a better internet connection, instead of asking for the removal of content just because you can't get some useless cosmetics while disregarding the fun this mode can provide to other people.

yeah, the "fun" it provides to all its 35 weekly players...

There is a good reason why Conclave is largely regarded as a meme/joke in Warframe. It's objectively bad, period.

"bu-but I have fun with it!" yeah, that's good for you bro. Some people have fun with fidget spinners. Other people require a bit more of effort to have fun. Anyone can have "fun" with literally anything, but that wouldn't automatically turn the object of fun something inherently good.

So instead of asking people to "go get a better internet" like a complete... well... just leave your high horse and remember that Conclave is objectively bad.