Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Conclave from the Game

Alphas

2 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

yeah, the "fun" it provides to all its 35 weekly players...

Even if it was 10 players, there's still people having fun with it, it doesn't affect progression in anyway, the rewards are dumb cosemtics, and there is nearly no effort required on DE's end to keep it going while it also has the potential to attract more players and the offer of endless replayability.

Btw, i get that you might still be salty flr the removal trials (as seen on your first comment in this thread), and i won't deny that even tough i didn't enjoy trials there were players for who this movement was awful. However, memeing around and being disrespectful towards other parts of the community won't help you make a point, and even less if these are based on playerbase numbers which were given by DE just once and showed both, the raiding and conclave communities at a really similar size (the unfairness in how was that data taken is an entirely different issue).

There is a good reason why Conclave is largely regarded as a meme/joke in Warframe. It's objectively bad, period.

It's bad to a big part of the community simply because it challenges players allergic to challenge to make use of game mechanics unlike 99% of the game that is "enjoyable" because of a power fantasy that makes trivial stuff such as failing a mission nearly impossible, while on the PvP side of things obviously you can't always be the winner.

"bu-but I have fun with it!" yeah, that's good for you bro. Some people have fun with fidget spinners. Other people require a bit more of effort to have fun. Anyone can have "fun" with literally anything, but that wouldn't automatically turn the object of fun something inherently good.

Yeah, fun is subjective. If you have fun with something, good for you. You won't see me run around asking DE to remove something others enjoy just because i can't enjoy it and can't get its rewards, and even less if the first thing making me unable to enjoy it is something that only I can fix.

So instead of asking people to "go get a better internet" like a complete... well... just leave your high horse and remember that Conclave is objectively bad.

Not talking from a high horse. I mean, people shouldn't use "lag makes *that* part of the game bad" as an argument when they also recognize the issue is actually on their end which obvioulsy affect their experience not only in warframe. It's as dumb as if i wanted volleyball to be removed from the world because i want a world cup volleyball trophy but can't get it because i have a broken arm.

Edited by Stormdragon

Conclave is "not fun", I personally left this game mode for quite a while because I don't agree with the way DE balances weapon (ie, they nerfed the weapons I enjoy the most to the ground, so I decide to play other shooters instead if I want pvp)

Raid is "broken to the point of no redemption". Remember the days back when raid is around and every other new update creates a new batch of game-breaking bug in LoR or jordas?  While I always laugh at the fact that they have to remove something because they can't fix it, I do kinda understand why they did it.

I don't see a problem with part of the game not being played by many at this moment. Consider this, excluding plains and fortuna (and maybe the first 10 seconds in the uranus sealab) how often have you used archwing?) Should archwing be scraped entirely when it is obviously a failure back during its release and in the next 2 major update after its release? On the release.

To be honest, if its cosmetics that you are concerned about, it would have been a better suggestion to make cosmetics from conclave to be trade-able.

I can agree on the movement being too fast, in most shooter/fps games the players strafe left and right, dodging or what not. However in WF, there isn't a point, when you have insane mobility, the gunplay is nonexistent. However, there isn't a point in removing conclave, small fixes to mechanics would solve it.

Edited by Ezikeo

8 minutes ago, Ezikeo said:

I can agree on the movement being too fast, in most shooter/fps games the players strafe left and right, dodging or what not. However in WF, there isn't a point, when you have insane mobility, the gunplay is nonexistent. However, there isn't a point in removing conclave, small fixes to mechanics would solve it.

In first place,warframe is a tps, not an fps game. Then we get that Warframe's main selling point is being a space ninja which is achieved only in its pvp. The rest of the game plays more like being a gimped wizard instead.

1 minute ago, AbyssalWyrm said:

In first place,warframe is a tps, not an fps game. Then we get that Warframe's main selling point is being a space ninja which is achieved only in its pvp. The rest of the game plays more like being a gimped wizard instead.

I am aware its not a "first person shooter" hence the slash shooter - WF is pretty much Genji from overwatch in 3rd person on steroids. Even Genjis movement isn't as chaotic and somewhat balanced compared to WF.

7 minutes ago, Ezikeo said:

I am aware its not a "first person shooter" hence the slash shooter - WF is pretty much Genji from overwatch in 3rd person on steroids. Even Genjis movement isn't as chaotic and somewhat balanced compared to WF.

The difference being, genji has unique movement capabilities in a game where everyone else is tied to run and gun strats or has to make use of abilities to get some verticality, so it makes sense for his movement to be less chaotic than that of warframes.

On the other hand, it doesn't make any sense to balance warframe pvp around what overwatch characters can or can't do since both are completely different games. If you want a game with characters that move like those in Overwatch, playing Overwatch makes more sense than asking DE to rework warframe pvp movement into one based off of OW's one.

Edited by AbyssalWyrm

On 2018-11-25 at 1:42 AM, Alphas said:

The networking doesn't work half the time and the player movement is too fast to make gunplay fun.  

2 things that bothered me so much when I played conclave....Very well said.I did reach Typhoon rank and got all the things I wanted but I just quit with it after that.

8 minutes ago, RistN said:

2 things that bothered me so much when I played conclave....Very well said.I did reach Typhoon rank and got all the things I wanted but I just quit with it after that.

I just hit Hurricane and got the Accord sigil I've been wanting.  I'm going to stick it through and get the Unity sigil just for that added "#*!% you I tortured myself for this."  After that I have literally no interest in playing it.

2 hours ago, Alphas said:

I just hit Hurricane and got the Accord sigil I've been wanting.  I'm going to stick it through and get the Unity sigil just for that added "#*!% you I tortured myself for this."  After that I have literally no interest in playing it.

Riv armors are good(You can buy elite on market ,so I mean other 2) , Conclave Opticor skin is the best of all for that gun and sigils are ok.The rest is meh.