The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

when is de going to put crossplay i only have xbox but i want to play fortuna

FlOoR_sniffer07

Crossplay's kinda impossible. It's going to come eventually but they lack the means for them to keep all the platforms updated at the same time.

As for XBox/PS4 account migration to PC, roughly when the moon actually turns blue when it's a blue moon.

Which is to say, never.

DE would need to address few problems for this to work :

- gain full controle over console player accounts ( very unlikely it will ever happen )

- either implement system what would allow information sharing for cross servers what hold account informations or migrate account information single server ( also very unlikely to happen )

- delay PC updates till console updates are done and certified by all console platforms ( also very unlikely to happpen )

“As a games as a service title, Warframeleads with PC and follow with console versions,” a Digital Extremes representative told Polygon. “Thus, the PC and console build versions are out of sync by about a month or so. Any migration attempt would require putting the account through a kind of update/de-update converter to amend and sync. This can lead to a lot of issues including potential loss of in-game items due to being from a later patch, data corruption, loss of player data, the inability to play until previous builds are reached, etc. In short, lots of headaches.”

From: https://www.polygon.com/2018/11/21/18107088/warframe-nintendo-switch-pc-cross-platform-play-progress

Also Remove the megathread tag, only DE is supposed use it.

So the major issue is dataloss/corruption because general "users" are stupid. 

The other issues is y'all are sneaky cheaters and let's face it if you could copy both ways more than once you all would try to find a way to duplicate items. Maybe not everyone but if at least 1 person is gonna do it then they ruin it for everyone.

So the "lots of headaches " is all the players that will do everything but use it as intended. 

And since this is a free to play game they can't risk the game economy being destabilized.

Cross platform works on fortnite because they don't patch as often. It's why they have seasons

Edited by Dabnician

When I first read the front half title, I was thinking WTF the OP want to put Cosplayers who decide to dress as the opposite gender into the game, if you get what I mean.

Cross Platform Play and Accounts, to use the proper term, would not be possible because Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo don't want you taking your game out of their console and playing it on the PC. If games were allowed to do that, it would be too easy to switch from the console when you get sick of it. Also, no way Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo will let you switch from console to console.

If you want to play the updated one, just ... stick to PC and screw console, really.

Edited by Guest
Clarity's Sake