Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angstrum Build

TheGoldLegion

Question

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, TheGoldLegion said:

just got the angstrum

Just FYI, there's a Prisma Angstrum (which is simply better) so I can't fully
recommend spending too much in the way of resources / time on the normal version.

If you want an early AoE weapon that doesn't have a straight upgrade later, you could try e.g. good ol' Sonicor, or Atomos.
Also, Staticor - MR10, alas - is an utter beast right now, well worth waiting for / maxing out.

Anyway, an Angstrum build shouldn't really deviate much from the "standard" (non-Crit) Secondary build.

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent are pretty much mandatory.
After that I'd go for Corrosive (say, 1x 90% + 2x 60% Dual Stat Mods) and Heat (Primed Heated Charge)
for a decent all-round damage type setup (but feel free to choose those elements yourself / experiment).
Last slot, Fulmination would be a good choice methinks, a bigger blast radius is always nice (you'll need to trade for it).

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Anyway, an Angstrum build shouldn't really deviate much from the "standard" (non-Crit) Secondary build.

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent are pretty much mandatory.
After that I'd go for Corrosive (say, 1x 90% + 2x 60% Dual Stat Mods) and Heat (Primed Heated Charge)
for a decent all-round damage type setup (but feel free to choose those elements yourself / experiment).
Last slot, Fulmination would be a good choice methinks, a bigger blast radius is always nice (you'll need to trade for it).

Nope, both variant, regular and prisma Angstrum are viable for hybrid build. Regular Angstrum has 16% crit chance (which is acceptable for crit build) and 2.0x crit dmg, so please use Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker mod ! Prisma Angstrum has 18% CC and 2.2x CD which are even more interesting, and even more interesting with Primed version of the 2 mods I mentioned.

2 Dual stats 60/60 mods (element dmg / status chance), you can create 1 of the 3 : gas, corrosive or viral. It's your choice !

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent, yes !

Fulmination mod is also compulsory for Angstrum since based on my experience, its explosive radius is small af ! Currently this mod can only be obtained from Plague Star event but you can buy it with plat in Trade channel. Don't worry about the fast flow of Trade chat, just shout WTB !

==============================================================================================

EDIT : Like NinjaZeku said, Angstrum is not worth Orokin catalyst or Forma. Just get to higher MR and buy the Prisma version from Baro who appears every 2 weeks on a certain relay. But I'll leave my Prisma angstrum below so that you can review !

http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Prisma_Angstrum/t_30_22220000_193-4-5-204-0-10-206-3-5-212-5-3-328-6-3-543-1-10-605-2-10-817-7-3_204-7-543-6-605-7-206-6-193-11-212-7-328-7-817-9_WyIxIiwiMCIsWyIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiLCIiXV0=/en/3-0-90

Edited by Diangelius

5 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

16% crit chance

Yeah, I guess that's good enough for some, I just really, really dislike unreliable Crit on big-single-hit weapons,
you may get an average DPS increase on paper but in practice ... argh no I can't. YMMV, of course.

7 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

2 Dual stats 60/60 mods [...] gas

You'd want to also use the 90% Toxin Mod in that case though, as the total amount of Toxin damage
(both from Mods and base damage if the weapon has it innately) affects the strength of Gas procs' DOT.

And if you're going for a Crit build, might as well use pure Toxin when up against Corpus.