K-Drive Riven Mods

Voltage

I recently acquired every K-Drive mod from the Ventkids, and I have mastered 3 different boards. This means that once I hit 132,000 standing with the Ventkids, there is no real reason for me to look at this syndicate again unless we were given more boards or more mods. K-Drive Riven mods could bring purpose to earning standing daily after having everything they have to offer, promote a slight skill requirement for the new transportation system they introduced, and allow min-maxers to dive into K-Drives more than applying 2-3 Forma into a single board.

Acquisition: 50,000 standing from the Ventkids and requires "Logical" (Rank 5) with this syndicate for a single Veiled Riven mod. K-Drive Riven mods would be applicable to any board of the player's choosing.

Veiled Riven Challenges: Challenges to unveil the Riven would entice players to use different combos. Currently the only moves used in K-Drive as far as I see is "Grind, Sprint, Flip" for maximum reputation. Adding barrel rolls, grind length, and other simple combos would sharpen the skills for players on their K-Drive and promote diversity on how these are used throughout Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon, and other future K-Drive locations.

Disposition: There would be no need for disposition as all K-Drives offer the same base stats as of now, and the default disposition would remain at 1.00 (Neutral).

Possible Statistical Bonuses:

• - Gravity while falling down
  • + Speed
  • + Point multiplier to trick score
  • + Grind magnetism
  • + Boost speed
  • + Grind speed
  • + Jump height

Possible Statistical Negatives:

• + Gravity while falling down
  • - Speed
  • - Point multiplier to trick score
  • - Boost speed
  • - Grind speed
  • - Jump height

This idea would be exciting and bring more depth to the K-Drive system.

19 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I recently acquired every K-Drive mod from the Ventkids, and I have mastered 3 different boards.

Peculiar boast but alas.

Also why would i ever roll that when i can use Itzal? I can see the incentive of making K-Drive have more versatility and be overall more useful and fun to use but as current kuva gain methods are incredibly draining and weak, i see no reason to ever roll a K-Drive riven.

8 hours ago, Mewvg2 said:

Let's not infect another system with pseudo-gambling nonsense.

I'm with you on that one. Rivens needed to never be introduced in the first place. They are a lootbox in disguise! People sinking tons of plat and effort into them and DE can just flip a switch and make any riven obsolete (like they recently did)

That's why I stay away from rivens like the plague, because they are a plague!

Edited by EDM774

22 hours ago, EDM774 said:

I'm with you on that one. Rivens needed to never be introduced in the first place. They are a lootbox in disguise! People sinking tons of plat and effort into them and DE can just flip a switch and make any riven obsolete (like they recently did)

That's why I stay away from rivens like the plague, because they are a plague!

^

On 2018-11-25 at 10:49 AM, Voltage said:

I recently acquired every K-Drive mod from the Ventkids, and I have mastered 3 different boards. This means that once I hit 132,000 standing with the Ventkids, there is no real reason for me to look at this syndicate again unless we were given more boards or more mods. K-Drive Riven mods could bring purpose to earning standing daily after having everything they have to offer, promote a slight skill requirement for the new transportation system they introduced, and allow min-maxers to dive into K-Drives more than applying 2-3 Forma into a single board.

Acquisition: 50,000 standing from the Ventkids and requires "Logical" (Rank 5) with this syndicate for a single Veiled Riven mod. K-Drive Riven mods would be applicable to any board of the player's choosing.

Veiled Riven Challenges: Challenges to unveil the Riven would entice players to use different combos. Currently the only moves used in K-Drive as far as I see is "Grind, Sprint, Flip" for maximum reputation. Adding barrel rolls, grind length, and other simple combos would sharpen the skills for players on their K-Drive and promote diversity on how these are used throughout Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon, and other future K-Drive locations.

Disposition: There would be no need for disposition as all K-Drives offer the same base stats as of now, and the default disposition would remain at 1.00 (Neutral).

Possible Statistical Bonuses:

• - Gravity while falling down
  • + Speed
  • + Point multiplier to trick score
  • + Grind magnetism
  • + Boost speed
  • + Grind speed
  • + Jump height

Possible Statistical Negatives:

• + Gravity while falling down
  • - Speed
  • - Point multiplier to trick score
  • - Boost speed
  • - Grind speed
  • - Jump height

This idea would be exciting and bring more depth to the K-Drive system.

Wheres my -1 vote? I dont need K-drive riven mod be part of overall riven mod pool.

3 hours ago, low1991 said:

Wheres my -1 vote? I dont need K-drive riven mod be part of overall riven mod pool.

On 2018-11-24 at 9:49 PM, Voltage said:

My proposition is an opt out, opt in system that is separate from Sorties. These mods would only be part of your 90 slots should you be interested in acquiring one.

I strongly advise you revisit my thread before jumping the gun on the intentions of my idea. This thread was merely a thought I shared with a clan mate on Discord involving some way to add depth to the Ventkids. With the current layout of the Ventkids, there is absolutely no use in the syndicate after having a single copy of each mod and three K-Drive boards for Mastery.

On 2018-11-28 at 3:45 AM, Voltage said:

My proposition is an opt out, opt in system that is separate from Sorties. These mods would only be part of your 90 slots should you be interested in acquiring one.

I strongly advise you revisit my thread before jumping the gun on the intentions of my idea. This thread was merely a thought I shared with a clan mate on Discord involving some way to add depth to the Ventkids. With the current layout of the Ventkids, there is absolutely no use in the syndicate after having a single copy of each mod and three K-Drive boards for Mastery.

As if an opt in/out option will even be a reality, (looking at universial vaccum opt in/out option). As a related concept, not off-topic, if that is a big NO, than any opt in/out option will not be a reality. 

So what if i have 1 k-drive riven mod, and decide to opt-out, what happen? (possible bug/problem).

Allocation of HR to k-drive that is only applicable to open mode node that requires 2 to 3x RAM usage doesn't seems to be a good move, as not many players have OP PC or laptops. (looking at raid).

Can add more depth to Ventkids but giving some other consumables or cosmetics, like those for frames. (fashion-frame end game). Or give relic pack like those from normal gameplay syndicates. Oh wait... if Ventkids have k-drive riven first before the first 6 syndicate, why the un-fair-ness?

On 2018-11-25 at 8:18 AM, EDM774 said:

DE can just flip a switch and make any riven obsolete (like they recently did)

Go count the number of rivens that got buffed and the subtract the number of rivens that got nerfed, you will see that there is a total increase of power overall. 
1st off those nerfed rivens aren't obsolete, if you had a top tier +cd+cc then you still have a top tier +cd+cc riven, the stats will always be relative to the weapon. 
2nd the purpose of rivens is to encourage the use of non-meta weapons in the end game.