Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to the new eidolon types?

Roadle32111

2 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Likely they are not coming. Generally when DE moves on to something new they forget about the content they've already put out.

That’s unfortunate. I really hope the trend doesn’t continue to where we have a barren open world for each planet.

6 minutes ago, Eathian said:

Likely they are not coming. Generally when DE moves on to something new they forget about the content they've already put out.

They said they would still update the plains, and from what we have seen, Steve showed us a clip where the Flydolon was on Jupiter on the new tileset.

The Revenant quest had a few lines about a new threat, emerging soonTM, and the maximum height for flight in the planes hast gone higher with the last patches (which made me think: Wasn't there something about a floating Eidolon?!), but who knows when/if something will happen.

14 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

They said they would still update the plains, and from what we have seen, Steve showed us a clip where the Flydolon was on Jupiter on the new tileset.

Sadly they said the same about a lot of thing, for example chanelling whats last update we heard from is that DE deletes it.

7 hours ago, Darkvramp said:

putting the eidolon on Jupiter is not updating the plains

They did say they wouldn't abandon it, they also have that Grineer tank boss modeled still.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Sadly they said the same about a lot of thing, for example chanelling whats last update we heard from is that DE deletes it.

Channeling isn't getting deleted, it's becoming it's own melee mode. I trust they'll keep updating it.

Edited by PoisonHD

PoE is due to get some touch-ups. They were said to come with Fortuna, but since they've divided Fortuna into two parts, I suppose it'll be coming with Fortuna part 2 instead. I doubt new Eidolons will show up, mostly because I don't know where they'd fit in the whole system. Once upon a time we only had the Teralyst, and the Flydolon was announced sometime around there. But, with Garry and Harry, the Plains seem to be pretty good on Eidolons. Besides, how would you summon them? I think putting it in Jupiter could work out pretty well in the long run. As long as it's not just a cosmetic part of the map, that'd be pretty disappointing. Even the Orbs right now do stuff (except the one chilling between the Dig Site and Spaceport), occasionally firing on you in the right conditions. And of course, we'll get to fight them soon enough.

22 hours ago, Eathian said:

If only they would ever look at old tilesets and change them. All those weapons and frames, untouched from when they were released.

Generally they routinely tweak and rework old content.

10 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

Channeling isn't getting deleted, it's becoming it's own melee mode. I trust they'll keep updating it.

Not really, from what i heard they are practically put on a few elements of the channel system onto heavy attacks while abadoning the rest.