Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A possible solution to leeching?

RealHeftyTrout

Il y a 18 heures, ThumpumGood a dit :

Again... that's what clans are for. Im in a clan and I do both because we're small. I would never care that my style doesnt match theirs. And the more you protest, the more I think you're scared because you're a troll who doesnt help out the group. Q: Why would some one be against a kick feature? A: Because they do things that would get them kicked.

Your example is a rare occurrence. And one that you are trying to present as the rule instead of the exception it would be.

Clans are not a solution to a faulty kicking system.
As a matter of fact they're completely unrelated to the discussion we're having right now.
We are talking about public groups, about a system used in public groups, one that would be abused in public groups.
There's no "Clan" in here.

You suggested an idea, were offered a very common situation that clearly conflicted with this idea, were allowed all the time in the world to fix and improve this idea, however instead you answered with oranges and bananas.

Q ; Why would some one be against a kick feature
Actual Answer : Because we know how easy it is to abuse this feature, we even presented you with an example that plagued the forum with copy/paste threads for over a year and still going.

Let me use your argument against you ;
Question 2 ; Why would someone want a faulty kick feature to be added into the game?
Sarcastic Answer : Because they are an abuser who wish to abuse this system.

See, it kinda works both way.
It doesn't have to be the slightest bit of truth, as long as you derail from the subject and attack my character instead it's all good for you.

On 2018-11-27 at 5:47 PM, Helch0rn said:

your reading comprehension seems to be lacking. read my post again.

- I was insulted immediately when I joined the mission

- I did not use skills because his skill can be cancerous

- I brought weapons strong enough to defend myself

as for this "run with friends attitude": If you don't want certain frames in your group use recruiting and don't tell people what they can or can not use in public missions

"if you don't like my idea you obviously are a leech"ever heard of Blackstones ratio?

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

I would rather deal with all the leeches in the world than have one person unjustly kicked

but by your logic I am obviously a murderer too because I think that it's better to let 10 murderers go than to convict 1 innocent man

Actually... Im for a kick feature for leechers. And I dont. I solo when I fish or mine or farm of any kind. And I make exception for low levels. I know they are trying to get used to the game and are struggling to find consistency in frames because there are so many to level. I remember the frustration. The group I joined with dropped me in the deep end and made me sink or swim.

19 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Actually... Im for a kick feature for leechers. And I dont. I solo when I fish or mine or farm of any kind. And I make exception for low levels. I know they are trying to get used to the game and are struggling to find consistency in frames because there are so many to level. I remember the frustration. The group I joined with dropped me in the deep end and made me sink or swim.

And I am against it because not matter how noble YOUR intentions are it WILL get abused by others.

A kick feature would make this  game into something its not, and i for one would hate to see that happen.
Several reasons could be made for and against a kick feature:

Any three person group could just stand and wait for a person to join there match,
inspect and deem them not worthy based on choice of frame, MR or any other arbitrary reason.

And the same argument could be made for a three person group politely asking hey we are doing this fast to hunt Terralyst afterwards you in ? and the last person just ignoring any response and just doing there own thing in spawn....

I spend a couple of hours each day (when i have the time) on Hydron levling S#&$ gear (not because of ocd reasons at all)
and there are lots of players hanging around, i personally don't mind.

I don't see the problem going to Plains or Fortuna and going solo spending a couple of hours fishing or mining.

So i think people should use the chat more actively and just ask, hey mind if we mine these caves a bit before going to next task on the mission or at the end sometimes you find yourself in a cave with tons of resources might as well get it while your there right ?

For example when you have a setup hydroid/nekros survival farm going cant help the last player from running around spreading the loot all over the map, but cant stop em either people have different play styles that's what it comes down to. Just go along with them or just go in solo, make the party private if you don't want any other people.

Regardless of all the "leeching", this is a great F2P game and has always had a great community lets not change that...

There has never been the need for a kick feature before, what has changed is the attitude of some players against other players.

"Continue being the best gaming community out there " ❤️

On 2018-12-01 at 8:20 AM, JayMJay said:

A kick feature would make this  game into something its not, and i for one would hate to see that happen.
Several reasons could be made for and against a kick feature:

Any three person group could just stand and wait for a person to join there match,
inspect and deem them not worthy based on choice of frame, MR or any other arbitrary reason.

And the same argument could be made for a three person group politely asking hey we are doing this fast to hunt Terralyst afterwards you in ? and the last person just ignoring any response and just doing there own thing in spawn....

I spend a couple of hours each day (when i have the time) on Hydron levling S#&$ gear (not because of ocd reasons at all)
and there are lots of players hanging around, i personally don't mind.

I don't see the problem going to Plains or Fortuna and going solo spending a couple of hours fishing or mining.

So i think people should use the chat more actively and just ask, hey mind if we mine these caves a bit before going to next task on the mission or at the end sometimes you find yourself in a cave with tons of resources might as well get it while your there right ?

For example when you have a setup hydroid/nekros survival farm going cant help the last player from running around spreading the loot all over the map, but cant stop em either people have different play styles that's what it comes down to. Just go along with them or just go in solo, make the party private if you don't want any other people.

Regardless of all the "leeching", this is a great F2P game and has always had a great community lets not change that...

There has never been the need for a kick feature before, what has changed is the attitude of some players against other players.

"Continue being the best gaming community out there " ❤️

Your scenario would indicate that the 3 have communication which whould indicate they are friends and either in a clan together ot VOIP channel together. Which is rare. Im really getting tired of the fake scenarios put forward by people who are afriad they will be the ones kicked.

Lets get real... In bounties, Alerts, Invasion and fissures, people are looking to run it as fast as possible to get on to the next one. They arent standing around waiting to inspect the 4th. Your arguments against are fear and fallacy. The actual percentage of people that would do this is so minute it's laughable to consider that it would some how become the norm. If you actually can come up with an argument that can be taken seriously, I'll take you seriously. Until then, I see you as the ones who are guilty of the reasons laid out  in this thread for having a kick feature.

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

Your scenario would indicate that the 3 have communication which whould indicate they are friends and either in a clan together ot VOIP channel together. Which is rare.

not really. I run plenty missions with clan members and so do others. and if our group is not full we go public and accept what the matchmaking gives us

Im really getting tired of the fake scenarios put forward by people who are afriad they will be the ones kicked.

and I am getting tired of you assuming that everyone who is against this system deserves to be kicked becuase "they are obviously leeches"

Lets get real... In bounties, Alerts, Invasion and fissures, people are looking to run it as fast as possible to get on to the next one. They arent standing around waiting to inspect the 4th. Your arguments against are fear and fallacy. The actual percentage of people that would do this is so minute it's laughable to consider that it would some how become the norm. If you actually can come up with an argument that can be taken seriously, I'll take you seriously. Until then, I see you as the ones who are guilty of the reasons laid out  in this thread for having a kick feature.

I am going to refer to my previous post with Blackstones Ratio: "It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

the "problem" with leeches is far smaller than you make it appear, while at the same time saying that all the rational scenarios where this system could be aboused would be "minute" and not widespread enough to be relevant

your condescending tone and your assumtion that everyone who does not share your opinion, and is against a system that is prone to abuse, is someone that would "rightfully" be punished because they are "obviously leeches" makes you look like an arrogant person that is unable and unwilling to see other peoples opinions, despite them bringinmg up valid points.

Edited by Helch0rn

Before starting with my opinion, I tell you that I speak Spanish, and I will possibly make some mistakes when writing in English. I will try to give my opinion as clear as possible.

The problem is that many of us and myself included. We are fed up with the people, farm without even contributing anything to the team. (Damage, Support, etc, etc) and doing nothing for the mission, just running around the map or doing a different goal, outside the main mission. An example of this: Eidolon / tridolon, some people are engaged in fishing, mining, and even the worst in these cases, is to stay AFK next to someone and just moving to pick up and nothing else. And I say, because I've already had this kind of people, but not only 1 or 2 times, If not ........ hundreds of times!

And that bothers me. If the main objective is to kill / capture eidolons, it is to do that and not something else.

And today in the sorties, they had a Rhino in Defense. What have you done at the end of the mission? 0% damage, support 0. And I noticed what he was doing, and what he was doing was running all the time on the map!

To me this, I suppose a negative experience for me, and for the rest of people that we have to endure this kind of behavior. If they are not going to do anything in the mission. So why are they getting in? I prefer a person to do something to a person who is dedicated to doing nothing and to annoy other people.

-The votekick, honestly, will only make things worse by providing a very powerful tool to these people and even to the troll people.

-Like / dislike, it would not do much good. It can be a tool, that the trolls will use it to send each other like, and even use it to dislike other people.

If you have fixed many of these people are MR low, and take advantage of it to do the carry, and that those carrys are those people who have a fairly high MR. Honestly, the high RM. They use us to make a rush, we make them carry missions and above do nothing, and then use us as a throwaway paper. Let's see, I'm willing to help, but not with that behavior of people from ...... I'm not going to do anything, I let people with high MR do their job.

And honestly more and more people, they are doing it more often. Most of the time I prefer to do the missions alone, (including the sorties). 

I do not know, they could put some kind of restraints. Example that an MR 15 could only play with MR 10-20 for example.

And Cetus/Fortuna create a few missions. (Fishing, Mine, Hunting, etc, etc) to find people who want to do it.

Up to here my opinion

Greetings to all, tenno.

A solution to bad lobbies is to give the hosts or full party boot controls.  If I want to ban Limbos, dumb Saryns, annoying Garas, and people who will ignore downed teammates or leech off otherd, I damn well should be able to moderate my own lobby better than your volunteer work force that uses a bot to do all the work.

il y a 44 minutes, (XB1)Turaglas a dit :

A solution to bad lobbies is to give the hosts or full party boot controls.  If I want to ban Limbos, dumb Saryns, annoying Garas, and people who will ignore downed teammates or leech off otherd, I damn well should be able to moderate my own lobby better than your volunteer work force that uses a bot to do all the work.

If it's your private lobby, by all mean go ahead. (However you already get 90% of that kind of selection if it's your private lobby)

However it's not your personal toy in a public setting, you weren't made host by choice.
You simply got host powers through matchmaking RNG.

I'm not going through a 40 minutes survival with you just to then get kicked out because you died across the map and felt entitled to a revive.
Or just because you felt inclined to troll me right before extracting because I used my ability once on you as a limbo at the beginning of the game.

And naturally before you answer "But that's not what I'm going to do"; that's just a general example of what is going to happen to other people, or even what could happen to you.
Nobody deserves to lose all of their efforts over someone else's lack of emotional control.
People are quick to assume things just with a quick glance around, and that's why it's very possible this system is faulty.

And that's why most don't want a kick system of any kind.
It's easily abused and it doesn't fix the core issue.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

1 hour ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Nobody deserves to lose all of their efforts over someone else's lack of emotional control.

I'm sure this is the main reason why people are reluctant to support a vote-kick feature. However, it doesn't have to work that way.

A simpler solution to this problem would be to send the kicked person into their own instance of the match. This way, players keep any loot they gained without losing mission progress. Additionally, the other squad wouldn't have to deal with the other person in-game.

The only problem I see with this system would be matchmaking settings and a few very specific instances where players are unprepared to play solo.

On 2018-11-25 at 12:57 PM, SneakyErvin said:

I wouldnt mind if they implement what the OP suggests. As he/she says there is no reason to have mining, fishing and conservation tools available when doing a bounty.

many of us take us friends/clan mates to bounties we do the bounties and we let others fish mine or whatever
when you think only about yourself then yeah there is no reason for it to be active during bounty 
not all of us think only about ourself just like you do

On 2018-11-28 at 12:37 AM, ThumpumGood said:

Again... that's what clans are for. Im in a clan and I do both because we're small. 

Following your logic this is exactly how in your mind you should fix leechers problem

Edited by ZeroZX4

On 2018-11-24 at 8:45 PM, ThumpumGood said:

I would prefer a boot feature. One person initiates the boot, other 2 have to agree before person is summarily kicked from party.

previous mmos i have played with such a feature ALWAYS resulted in the same thing: buncha friends and or guild mates would kick people right before rewards would be handed out just for the lols. and this happened often. i am not really a fan of vote kick options such as that.

Edited by iuki.

The only solution would be the kick feature but that can be abused and if somebody not like you or just wants their friends involve into the game then they can kick you for no reason. The only real solution is to play with team that can be your clan or peoples from recruit and forget the public. In public you cannot force players to do the same what you want to do and some peoples will fill the wait time with miscleanous things like mining, fishing or just doing something else.

In a team which focused only on one thing you can do the mission but you need still to hope they have a good connection other wise it is the only option here.

Kicking in any form is abusable and should not exist in this game. The day when they add this function is the day when we will read vote kick is sucks or vote kick is a mistake threads on forum and I am sure I don't want to see more complaints about that.

Leeching is a bad thing but the less bad than the kicking. Leechers can also be reduced to earn xp - rescources so that discourage them to leech. 

DE should try something like community GMs for this.

You volunteer to be a community GM. Add in a feature that if someone is leeching in a game they can be reported simply by selecting their name from the team list and hit report afk/leech/grief.

Once a person is reported 3 random players (all who have elected to activate the community GM feature from the options menu) join the game as invisible observers. They can take as long as they want. They vote yes or no depending on what they see. If all three votes yes the person is kicked. If even one person votes no the person remains. The three community GMs that are selected for this are always random and are all voluntary. And the only people that get the prompt to check on their fellow Tenno are those that are in their ships or in the towns and not currently in a mission.

If you don't want to be such an observer you just never activate it from the options and you will never get the prompt.

If DE does this the community will more or less police itself. If you don't mind leechers, don't report them, but someone else might since they are annoyed by it. If you think someone is leeching but 3 random players join and see that the person is not leeching they vote no and just understand that your concept of leeching/afking/whatever is different than what the community thinks it is (this time anyway) and you have to either just talk to the person, quit, or work it out some other way, but know that 3 players took a look and they thought no.

I think this is a good idea. But the implementation of it will may be tough, but if it's doable I think it's worth it to the community.

If the three players vote yes you are kicked out of the game, you get all the drops and rewards you have obtained so far but you're gone from the game.

========

So long as Warframe remains sufficiently big I think the response rate for something like this would be pretty fast and if players continually get booted from games I would hope they stop doing that. Right now there is nothing punishing them from doing so so they get to sit there and leech the entire thing because the players that are actually playing are the only ones who are punished by a no punishment system.

========

Also, yes, I understand that I'm MR25 and I go into Plains/Fortuna and I will blink to the objective and start blasting everything apart. But if I'm working at it there is nothing stopping you from making you way towards me because many of the bounties you can reach me even if you're across the map before I finish to help out. But if you're out there just mining or fishing then that's real crappy. Even if you're not doing that you can AFK and get the bounty rewards. So I have to play the game while you get to alt/tab and do whatever else. That's simply not fair to me. If it was going to be like that I could just solo things and not deal with the lag.

Edited by uAir

11 hours ago, ZeroZX4 said:

many of us take us friends/clan mates to bounties we do the bounties and we let others fish mine or whatever
when you think only about yourself then yeah there is no reason for it to be active during bounty 
not all of us think only about ourself just like you do

I'm thinking of the greater good of the group. Plus it wouldnt change anything for you, your group would simply join up in a free roam instance and do what you like.

edit: You are more the one thinking of yourself, because you only think of how it would effect a pre-made, not how the current leeching effects PuGs.

No matter what, until the leeching is taken care of I will do what I can to ruin it for the leechers i.e starting bounties and letting them auto fail as they fish, mine or conserve somewhere in the far distance.

Edited by SneakyErvin

27 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No matter what, until the leeching is taken care of I will do what I can to ruin it for the leechers i.e starting bounties and letting them auto fail as they fish, mine or conserve somewhere in the far distance.

Why not complete the bounty as normal and then report the user?

Kicks, fails and a stone on your shoe is a very weak thing compared with a warn or a suspension, why you think players prefer to quit warframe than to keep playing and risk a 2nd offense on the matter

The "solution" you guys mention here actually sound worse than the thing you guys want to solve..

Like if you really feel the hate to the person leeching, just report them to support with ss or video as proof, thats the solution we have right now that didnt create more issues.

-Vote kick is a no no and create more problems (bring 3 friend you can always kick the 4th player easily for luls)

-Host having kick feature? wow everyone in public game will quit instantly if theyre not host then, and getting kicked just near extract imagine that.

-Ingame reporting has no proof about leeching and abusable easily (mass report your account)

-Hiring GM's / reputation system? this game is not serious pvp multi battle royal what next you want overwatch system with online recorded gameplay like csgo or wartunder

all of the above just going to not solve a thing and add toxicity to the game.

On 2018-11-24 at 9:58 PM, Voltage said:

Given anyone in a party can queue a bounty within Orb Vallis, it would be frustrating when you try and go off into the open world and some other player starts a bounty and it blocks what you were trying to accomplish and forcing you into a solo instance.

It doesn't though. It puts the bounty up for a vote and let's you veto it.

Here's a solution: stop complaining about it. It will never go away. It's not that big of a deal, in a Meta where I could solo 40-60 bounties meant for 4 people with a Loki.

Surely, if you're running anything remotely meant for Fortuna, you never have to worry about it.

2 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Why not complete the bounty as normal and then report the user?

Kicks, fails and a stone on your shoe is a very weak thing compared with a warn or a suspension, why you think players prefer to quit warframe than to keep playing and risk a 2nd offense on the matter

There is simply not a good enough report system for that to ever be a viable option and there are several steps to a bounty. I do bounties in groups because it is quicker, if I were to do them solo I'd simply do them solo, but it is slightly slower on some of the missions.

It is more intrusive on the leeches to simply auto-fail their planned free ride bounty. It also locks the zone for anyone else so others dont end up with those leeches. If they need to run back and forth between their gathering spot and town they will tire eventually.

2 hours ago, krekireftw said:

Here's a solution: stop complaining about it. It will never go away. It's not that big of a deal, in a Meta where I could solo 40-60 bounties meant for 4 people with a Loki.

Surely, if you're running anything remotely meant for Fortuna, you never have to worry about it.

It isnt about "It's not that big of a deal", it is about efficiency over solo play. 4 people simply clear up the area much faster because you are at 4 different spots of the mission circle mostly. That means more "data hacks" will drop for the prison break, more mobs will spawn for the drone, more people can interact with the patrol casualties etc.

There is only the "spy" mission that isnt faster or better in a group since it is just one console no matter what.

So the leeches are really slowing down what should be faster to begin with, they slow it down even more than what an actual solo instance would.

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is simply not a good enough report system for that to ever be a viable option and there are several steps to a bounty. I do bounties in groups because it is quicker, if I were to do them solo I'd simply do them solo, but it is slightly slower on some of the missions.

It is more intrusive on the leeches to simply auto-fail their planned free ride bounty. It also locks the zone for anyone else so others dont end up with those leeches. If they need to run back and forth between their gathering spot and town they will tire eventually.

It isnt about "It's not that big of a deal", it is about efficiency over solo play. 4 people simply clear up the area much faster because you are at 4 different spots of the mission circle mostly. That means more "data hacks" will drop for the prison break, more mobs will spawn for the drone, more people can interact with the patrol casualties etc.

There is only the "spy" mission that isnt faster or better in a group since it is just one console no matter what.

So the leeches are really slowing down what should be faster to begin with, they slow it down even more than what an actual solo instance would.

The only ones that speed up with four people are the credit runs, mob killing, excavators, and in some cases, the rescue. Those, relatively speaking, don't even show up more often than one or two times in a bounty, if that. 

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm thinking of the greater good of the group. Plus it wouldnt change anything for you, your group would simply join up in a free roam instance and do what you like.

edit: You are more the one thinking of yourself, because you only think of how it would effect a pre-made, not how the current leeching effects PuGs.

greater good?
as i see it more ppl don't give 2 fu##s about leechers since we don't need them to do our bounties
even more we always go into ANY missions in mind that we will carry 3 players no matter what they bring or how and if they contribute to mission success

just many players don't come here and cry about since they don't do any harm to us
and believe i do understand it make some of you angry that 1 person do the job and other get stuff for doing nothing
but in most missions this is how it work so whats the point?

i believe it only narrows down to fact that there is someone who can be punished and ppl in posts like this are looking for means to punish them for own satisfaction
because if you look at it from a other angle in most cases you end up in a mission were you are doing most damage most of the job or even whole mission
and rest of your squad is either too slow or incompetent or have wrong/un upgraded mods and well even so they do show some effort they don't contribute to mission overall

so like if we care to punish leechers we then also need to punish ppl who don't contribute to the mission and that is no go

and as for kick future, i played too many games where i get kicked because i did 1 mistake or on other occasions i was doing all the fun stuff like scoring and was just voted out
not any1 ever even asked why i was voted ppl just press Y because they see there is kick vote going on

so in fact im all in about kick vote system in warframe
i would immediately vote every saryn, limbo, nidus, mesa, equinox or any 1 with scoliac, atterax or anything that negatively affect my damage% on result screen

so i always could have the highest score

so you have my vote on that 👍

ow and btw remember i would also probably vote you out before end of the mission just because u did or said something i did not like so you would get no rewards.

and when you abuse mission so it fail you pretty much do exact the same thing that leecher do to you
so what's even the point?

its like you see on highway a speeding care so you go chase it following it calling the police and then you are like WTF when you also get ticket for speeding
thats some deep sh## logic

36 minutes ago, krekireftw said:

The only ones that speed up with four people are the credit runs, mob killing, excavators, and in some cases, the rescue. Those, relatively speaking, don't even show up more often than one or two times in a bounty, if that. 

The "don't even show up more often than one or two times in a bounty" really makes little sense. That can be 20-40% of most mid to high level bounties. It isnt uncommon to get rescue, credits and the drone in 4-5 step bounties.

38 minutes ago, ZeroZX4 said:

greater good?
as i see it more ppl don't give 2 fu##s about leechers since we don't need them to do our bounties
even more we always go into ANY missions in mind that we will carry 3 players no matter what they bring or how and if they contribute to mission success

just many players don't come here and cry about since they don't do any harm to us
and believe i do understand it make some of you angry that 1 person do the job and other get stuff for doing nothing
but in most missions this is how it work so whats the point?

i believe it only narrows down to fact that there is someone who can be punished and ppl in posts like this are looking for means to punish them for own satisfaction
because if you look at it from a other angle in most cases you end up in a mission were you are doing most damage most of the job or even whole mission
and rest of your squad is either too slow or incompetent or have wrong/un upgraded mods and well even so they do show some effort they don't contribute to mission overall

so like if we care to punish leechers we then also need to punish ppl who don't contribute to the mission and that is no go

and when you abuse mission so it fail you pretty much do exact the same thing that leecher do to you
so what's even the point?

Leechers and people performing poorly =/= the same thing. Leechers effectivly sign up for bounties and then go fishing etc. A poorly performing player signs up because he meets the requirements and does the best he currently can. He doesnt try to get something extra for doing nothing during his time there.

And I do wonder what is worse. Us caring about handling leeches or someone being upset at people being upset at leechers. Makes me think you are a leecher if people complaining about leechers and presenting solutions makes you upset. You cry about people "crying", that is grade A hypocrisy right there. The solutions presented wouldnt effect you either if you play the game as intended, so why get upset over it?

Also, I dont abuse the mission, I simply start it, expecting the fellow players to show up instead of camping at the opposite part of the map by a lake. Not my fault if it fails, it isnt like the other 3 joined free roam. So how exactly should they report others? Should they go "Dur hur dear support. Uhm we tried to leech this bounty by fishing and not willing to lift a finger when we signed up for it. The 4th guy failed, please ban him."

We pick up bounties before heading into the zone for one single reason, to do bounties, not fish, mine or conserve. That is why there are seperate group finders for bounties and free roam. If they wanna farm while others might do bounties free roam is the option, activley signing up for bounties is not.