Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A possible solution to leeching?

RealHeftyTrout

16 hours ago, OsirusVGG said:

This is precisely why they shouldn't implement a kick feature.

Life support gives 30%, so hitting it at 90 is wasteful. Hitting it at 70 is reasonable. Note that reasonable isn't the same as optimal. Obviously the optimal thing to do is, as you say, save it until it gets lower, leaving room for drops to raise you back up. So a player was making a choice that was reasonable, but wasn't optimal, so you want to be able to kick them? This would make PUGs terrible for casual players. Oh, you wanted to farm credits here? Sorry, Index is the optimal credit farming place, try farming credits anywhere else and get kicked.

If the style doesn't match, you can leave squad. Mid-mission if it's a big deal. After 1 mission if not. Any time sortie 1 has a player whose style doesn't suit me (or a leecher), I just leave the squad before sortie 2. It's no big thing. The only thing they really need to add is a way for endless modes like Survival/Excavation to allow players to individually choose to leave or stay, so that players with different styles ("Give me my single reward and let's be done!" vs. "Let's go for two full cycles!") don't negatively impact each other so much.

But the whole point of PUGs is that they are PUGs. People aren't going to play optimally, and they're certainly not going to always want to play the same style you are.

The reason I say 30-40% is so that if 2 people hit it at the same time, it's not a waste.

And I dont mind people with a different play style. I do mind trolls. The guy that I mentioned in my example was a troll. I guess some of it could be laid at DE because we went from having to be efficient and actually work for things to speed level on what Draco used to be and the removal of the missions like the Law of Retribution where you learned really quick that you could play your way and still be efficient or you could be a Draco baby and die. People arent into being efficient or doing their best because instead of having 4 deaths total per day, you now have 4+2 arcanes per mission. And so what if you cause the party to wipe 3 or 4 times knowing it's no longer a big deal.

It used to be a great source of pride and reputaion for your clan by not failing or aborting missions. Now it's just a cost of doing the missions.

15 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

Stay away from top tier bounty missions as leechers choose this one to maximise their free goodies. Keep an eye on the rest of the team in map view and if someone is clearly doing their own thing just leave, letting the others know in chat that there's a leecher. Because:

1. Common curtesy

2. Alerting others this is a thing so they can look out for it themselves in future

3. Shaming the leecher (probably doesn't work)

4. A chat record naming the leecher may be useful to DE in any future investigations

If the person is not moving and still outside the start gates at the end of the first bounty ask in chat if they are afk. If there's a plausible reason then great but if there's no response or you get abuse then leave. If it's abuse they go on the ignore list. 

I get the daily standing from mining/fishing/hunting - no leechers

Why that wouldn't work is this: PoE is open to players in almost any level progression. I was trying to unlock the star chart, and that was a node I had to unlock. Go there and it's confusing as heck. Why couldn't I leave Cetus and go out into the world from the gate? Then when you find out about bounties and how it unlocks that LAGGY gate and get there -- because you NEED the mats for rep -- you notice you have a LONG run to do (because the Orb place is still locked, as you need to complete a quest line to unlock it. So when you do your first bounty, you find HOW can you get there in less than 5 minutes? You don't have any means of travel BUT foot. So I saw people flying and riding their hover boards and Googled HOW it was done).

The progression breadcrumbs in Warframe is largely absent, to where Google is the ONLY way you can find out what happened and why. Then you have the problem of forgetting you're in public group mode, and all of a sudden people join you, or you join them, when all you want ARE the mats to progress s rep is tied into getting those mats!!!

It's VERY easy to NOT WANT to join groups but get unexpected visitors running bounties, and then you notice the Mission Failed mess. The grouping system is disconnected, as you go so much between solo and public groups and will forget what mode you're in and have to return BACK TO CETUS or lose everything!

Should I report all those joining me in PoE for preventing me from farming, because I'm HALF WAY from Cetus and some crabby "I WIN" types join me and not for mat collecting??? WALKING those plains too and they're upset that it takes me 3-4 minutes to RUN TO THEIR location, because there's no breadcrumbs to explain this or that -- then face people who AUTOMATICALLY claim you're some leecher BECAUSE of the breadcrumbs to unlock higher content doesn't progress linearly???

THINK folks. Not everyone is "end-game". PoE is also open to people in many stages of progressing, too. People are still farming those mats because it's tied into rep, and some don't even have fast travel, yet.

How about individual achievement loot locked pools. For instance all the treasure and  items you pick up goes into your own loot pool while bounties and missions are active.They can be claimed at the end pending certain requirements like step into secured  area for spy missions. This will make sure they are somewhat active or lose their own loot. Just a thought on individual accountability .They will be helping the group trying to keep what they worked for.